NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped into the Corp store again this morning...

they haven't heard anything new. No word on the T-Bolt or any changes on 4G data plan changes.

I've seen no commercials. I'm wondering if they'll get this thing out by the end of Q1.

At least my new (rooted) D1 replacement is holding me over.

Shuffling between internal Verizon tips... there's two corporate strategies being shuffled around right now by Verizon and HTC.

1. Release the phone as-is, sometime in the next 10 days.

2. Pre-install 2.3 Gingerbread on all Thunderbolts, and include an auto-OTA update for affirmed RTM models that were briefly tested. There's also talk of upping the battery to 1750 mAh. The LTE radio issue has been fixed with the T-Bolt's latest firmware. This would position the phone for a release around March 31.

Verizon is leaning towards the second option, whereas HTC would prefer the phone released sooner, but apparently are open to making the second option happen if the upper-echelon of Verizon officials insist on it. Which, it seems, they are.

Never seen anything like this, but it is what it is. A mess.

Also: 4G tiered pricing will be more modestly priced than what most of us are expecting, and will be unveiled on the same day the T-Bolt goes up for online pre-order, whenever that day may be.

Shuffling between internal Verizon tips... there's two corporate strategies being shuffled around right now by Verizon and HTC.

1. Release the phone as-is, sometime in the next 10 days.

2. Pre-install 2.3 Gingerbread on all Thunderbolts, and include an auto-OTA update for affirmed RTM models that were briefly tested. There's also talk of upping the battery to 1750 mAh. The LTE radio issue has been fixed with the T-Bolt's latest firmware. This would position the phone for a release around March 31.

Verizon is leaning towards the second option, whereas HTC would prefer the phone released sooner, but apparently are open to making the second option happen if the upper-echelon of Verizon officials insist on it. Which, it seems, they are.

Never seen anything like this, but it is what it is. A mess.

Also: 4G tiered pricing will be more modestly priced than what most of us are expecting, and will be unveiled on the same day the T-Bolt goes up for online pre-order, whenever that day may be.
Highly doubtful they will go and replace all the 1400mAh batteries with 1750mAh.

Remember the HTC CEO tweeted that the phones were shipped (about two weeks ago), so they seem to be sitting in New Jersey.

Not to be pessimistic, but just don't get your hopes up.

EDIT: http://twitter.com/#!/androidcentral/status/37437547449688064

Highly doubtful they will go and replace all the 1400mAh batteries with 1750mAh.

Remember the HTC CEO tweeted that the phones were shipped (about two weeks ago), so they seem to be sitting in New Jersey.

Not to be pessimistic, but just don't get your hopes up.

Verizon isn't happy at all with what they feel is a lower capacity battery than what this particular device should have. Feeling vulnerable, they must have specifically requested the battery be able to be changed after the pre-production models were in testing, because they definitely feel they can make that change in a few days if necessary.

The phones have been shipped to warehouses that can make the change if necessary, they have NOT yet been shipped to retail stores.

Another vote for 31 March or later.

They could get the phones and batteries shipped out to the stores within days and have the batteries changed at the P.O.S. Not a complete logistical nightmare but it won't be perfect. I'm sure they won't get all of their 1400mAh batteries back. Are there any other devices that use the 1400s?

If they go that route they could have a end of Q1 launch.

I'll gladly wait till March 31st for a bigger battery and/or Gingerbread.

I may have to freeze myself all Cartman-style, hope I don't end up too far in the future. :icon_eek:

ugh! Yeah at this rate Ill be verrryyy surprised if it even launches Q1 at all. Big red has really messed this up. Much worse than the incredible release was. Im officially going to re-name it(just for me) the blunderbolt from now on.

It is amazing so many people are putting their faith into this Panda dude. Remember the "inside" info that Miami had with the whole Mecha ordeal. SOme people on that thread would have sold their first born for updates. I see this going on here. I stated it here before, only official word is the only word I trust.

It is amazing so many people are putting their faith into this Panda dude. Remember the "inside" info that Miami had with the whole Mecha ordeal. SOme people on that thread would have sold their first born for updates. I see this going on here. I stated it here before, only official word is the only word I trust.
Yeah I'm with you too. I always told people to not believe "reliable" sources, but rather just official word. Miami's February 24th came around with no ThunderBolt, and he hasn't been around since.

:dry:

Just spoke to best buy and Verizon. Both said 23rd of march. I think I'm leaving for another carrier!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back