NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want my Thunderbolt......c'mon VZW! Quit dangling carrots!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

IMO
The TB's launch will be going on at least the 10th (commercial iphone return date) and because they are doing something with it

Possible things they are doing:
-Different maH battery
-Gingerbread
-Skype being re integrated
-changing out a bit of hardware(better bat life)
-coming up with 4g pricing based on the phones "average intake of data"

4G Pricing as of Release:
-Possibility of unlimited for 29 because availability is limited and to get sprint evo owners who pay the extra 10 at sprint to switch idk
-Tiered, not as bad as we honestly think since this thing apparently is a data hog idt Verizon will tier it too badly
-I don't think we will see capped data at all until its widely available and if it starts with 4g unlimited for 30 then we won't see tiered till summer

When I first saw this phone I was obsessed...all of this hype and delay has kind of taken my excitement away from it...a lot...not because of verizon or anything but just because I've spen my last 6 and a half months researching this phone EVERY DAY

Daily Schedule for the past 6 and 1/2 months:
-get up
-reach for droid
-check engadget for tb news
-check android central for tb news
-check droid forums for tb news
-check bgr for tb news
-check thunderbolt forum on df for tb news
-check youtube for tb videos
-check thunderboltforum.com for tb news
-check verizons website for tb news
-check HTCs website for tb news
-call vzw and ask about tb release
-call bestbuy and ask about tb release
-SCREAM AT THE HEAVENS when there is no news
-school
-check and call all over again
-dinner
-sleep
-DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Just got off the phone with my local BB and for once, they were honest. Told me that they had no set release date and couldn't even give me a tentative release date. All we want is honesty Verizon! Just tell us when and we will be there to buy the phone!

That's about how I am now. Not a day goes by I don't check for this phone

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

i check for this phone's release date and i wonder why each time.

when the phone is going to be released verizon will announce it on their website and if you signed up for thunderbolt notifications you will receive an email... i'm sure tv commercials will show the release date as well.

i have a new phone and i still check the status of this phone everyday. it is tiring to check the same information again and again but i usually find out new information, good and bad, each time so it's not a total waste.

i know i want the phone but if unlimited data isn't going to be an option my interest ends right away. i pay enough as it is and i'm not looking to spend more.

the monthly minutes won't change will they? only the data plan pricing is likely to change?

IMO
The TB's launch will be going on at least the 10th (commercial iphone return date) and because they are doing something with it

-Different maH battery
-Gingerbread

4G Pricing as of Release:
-Possibility of unlimited for 29 because availability is limited and to get sprint evo owners who pay the extra 10 at sprint to switch idk
-Tiered, not as bad as we honestly think since this thing apparently is a data hog idt Verizon will tier it too badly
-I don't think we will see capped data at all until its widely available and if it starts with 4g unlimited for 30 then we won't see tiered till summer

When I first saw this phone I was obsessed...all of this hype and delay has kind of taken my excitement away from it...a lot...not because of verizon or anything but just because I've spen my last 6 and a half months researching this phone EVERY DAY

Daily Schedule for the past 6 and 1/2 months:
-get up
-reach for droid
-check engadget for tb news
-check android central for tb news
-check droid forums for tb news
-check bgr for tb news
-check thunderbolt forum on df for tb news
-check youtube for tb videos
-check thunderboltforum.com for tb news
-check verizons website for tb news
-check HTCs website for tb news
-call vzw and ask about tb release
-call bestbuy and ask about tb release
-SCREAM AT THE HEAVENS when there is no news
-school
-dinner
-sleep
-DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Really hope it comes with a better battery, to me that would explain the price bump from 250 to 300 bucks.

Gingerbread they can just update the phone with, no need in a delay.

4G pricing shouldn't be affected, especially since it should be getting here in the summer.

I highly doubt the skype rumors were true.
I mean it was one of the main features about the phone, plus it was Supposably "baked" into the OS.
Hard to believe it wasn't fullly cooperating, and they will actually go through the effort of removing this feature.
They even had videos showing how well it worked, and was integrated.

I'm beginning to wonder if this phone version of snufalufagus is going to be a massive disappointment.

I'm generally a little leery of buying 1st gen devices (or cars) due to the bugs that nearly ALWAYS rear their ugly heads. I was going to overlook this for this phone due to the fact I'm a fan of the Sense UI and the build quality of the HTC devices I've seen.

HOWEVER...Considering the delays & rumors regarding this phone I give it a 50-50 shot at being a dog (eg Storm & Eris). I understand they appear to be "working on it", but I'm just not that confident they will release it only when it's bug free...

Anyone got a date on the Incredible S?

I kid, I kid...

I have voted. The day I voted for is correct. I know the reason for the delay and it isn't tier pricing. You will be able to get it for 30.00 unlimited data. That may change, that I don't know.

And that's all i have to say.

As far as LTE pricing goes, I think VZW will use TB owners as a litmus test. Let them at it on unlimited 4G for $30/month at first, this will give them an idea of how many and which users are using how much data, and hence what to make as the cutoffs for tiers and how much to charge for each tier. Right now, there is no way to tell how much LTE people will use, so no way to tell how much to charge everyone. That is why they said tiered data pricing is coming this summer, not this month. The TB users will help their data collectors figure out what to charge for LTE down the road. Just my thoughts on the issue.

If it doesn't come out by at least the 10th, I may just be getting a Droid X or something.
I need an upgrade badly, and they are pretty cheap right now from what I hear.

Shuffling between internal Verizon tips... there's two corporate strategies being shuffled around right now by Verizon and HTC.

1. Release the phone as-is, sometime in the next 10 days.

2. Pre-install 2.3 Gingerbread on all Thunderbolts, and include an auto-OTA update for affirmed RTM models that were briefly tested. There's also talk of upping the battery to 1750 mAh. The LTE radio issue has been fixed with the T-Bolt's latest firmware. This would position the phone for a release around March 31.

Verizon is leaning towards the second option, whereas HTC would prefer the phone released sooner, but apparently are open to making the second option happen if the upper-echelon of Verizon officials insist on it. Which, it seems, they are.

Never seen anything like this, but it is what it is. A mess.
Also: 4G tiered pricing will be more modestly priced than what most of us are expecting, and will be unveiled on the same day the T-Bolt goes up for online pre-order, whenever that day may be.

not being rude but.. who are you? do you work in corporate vw? where are you getting this information?

-Different maH battery
-Gingerbread

I don't think they will swap out the battery. That is too cost prohibitive, and supposedly the short life issue was fixed by the recent firmware update. That would be great if they did swap them out though, and the most efficient way to do it would be to ship them to the stores and trade them out at the point of purchase, instead of taking them all out and replacing them in the warehouse before they go on sale. Anyway, they would not be able to make it that much bigger because of size restrictions. Seidio makes a 1600 mAh, which might be as big as you could fit without having a hump and new battery door. Not sure if 1750 would be possible or not, but if it was I'm sure Seidio would have done that instead of 1600.

Gingerbread might be a possibility, but why not just have an update in-store when purchased, or shortly thereafter if it's not quite ready yet? It should not cause further delay on the phone's release.

Why would they spend the time taking Skype out, and removing references on HTC's website, just to re-integrate it right before release? I think there was some problem and they decided to scrap the integration altogether, or at least to wait for an update sometime in the future when they correct whatever was wrong with it (assuming they can).

They simply would not change any hardware this late in the game. It would have to go back through the FCC to get approval again. That means more time and $.

I think they will come up with 4G pricing over the next few months, not that they are hustling to figure it out now. It is not widely enough available yet to realistically charge everyone for it at this point.

Any change they would be making to the device would most likely be software related, imho, and if anything at all (there might be nothing else going on now after the final firmware update except for shipping to the stores). For example, adding HTC Watch or OnLive (features shown off on the recent HTC Flyer tab at MWC), or integration with HTCSense.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back