NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
after reading all the posts since my last post i came up with this conclusion:

the incredible hd/mecha/thunderbolt should have came out last year in november as a 3g phone with a 4.3 screen, sense 2.0, a front facing camera, an 8mp camera in the back, and froyo... upgradeable to gingerbread in the future when it had no kinks in it.

why do i think this? because 3g data plans are unlimited and that would make a lot of people happy... i would have gotten the phone back then, a lot of people would have.

i was changing my mind every other post about getting the thunderbolt since that is the phone i really want (yes the incredible is a fantastic phone and mine is in the same condition is was in the day i got it, if not better) because of the 4.3 screen and camera(s). but now that there are rumors of 4g data pricing being capped? no thank you.

if by some chance 4g will have unlimited data plans available, even for a limited time, i will get the phone the day it comes out to lock in that 29.99 price. if that does happen please release the phone by the 17th. if tiered data plans are going to happen i have 100% no intrest in this phone anymore.

Verizon releases phones on Thursdays... therefore, March 24 is more likely than March 23. It's possible they'd make a 24-hour preorder window which could open on the 23rd, but that's a stretch.

March 31 is the most likely date at this point.

Just spoke to best buy and Verizon. Both said 23rd of march. I think I'm leaving for another carrier!

Yea I'm aware that Thursdays are release days. But at this point any day seems better than what I am getting. I'm sick of being lied to.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

But that is a WEDNESDAY

I still think the 10/17th

Just spoke to best buy and Verizon. Both said 23rd of march. I think I'm leaving for another carrier!

Yea I'm aware that Thursdays are release days. But at this point any day seems better than what I am getting. <b>I'm sick of being lied to</b>.

But that is a WEDNESDAY

Really we all need to remember Verizon has NEVER actually announced a date for this phone, just "leaks" and "reliable sources"

But that is a WEDNESDAY

Really we all need to remember Verizon has NEVER actually announced a date for this phone, just "leaks" and "reliable sources"

at least verizon is saying "coming soong" these days... that's more than they've ever said in the past. it will hopefully be out by the end of the month for those that want the phone no matter what

It is amazing so many people are putting their faith into this Panda dude. Remember the "inside" info that Miami had with the whole Mecha ordeal. SOme people on that thread would have sold their first born for updates. I see this going on here. I stated it here before, only official word is the only word I trust.
Yeah I'm with you too. I always told people to not believe "reliable" sources, but rather just official word. Miami's February 24th came around with no ThunderBolt, and he hasn't been around since.

:dry:

Lets be very careful here folks. I do not want to see name calling or calling people out in this thread. Lets keep to the topic at hand and not stray otherwise I will have to shut this thread down.

I know Verizon typically releases new phones on Thursday. But I rememebr the OG Droid being released on a Friday. I think we are all too tied to it having to be a Thursday.

The never ending story. I feel as if I've been waiting years for the tb.... why can't they just ship the batteries to the retail stores and have them installed when the phone is bought and activated?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

The never ending story. I feel as if I've been waiting years for the tb.... why can't they just ship the batteries to the retail stores and have them installed when the phone is bought and activated?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

i clearly missed a few posts. i thought the thunderbolt got delayed to march because verizon wanted the phone to be 4g instead of 3g. is poor battery life the real reason the phone is taking so long?

if so the solution is simple. ship the phones as is then before activating the phone in front of the customer take out the original battery then insert new battery then activate phone. it takes 10 seconds to do a battery swap.

the phone could be out next week if that's the problem because it's not a major one at all

FWIW, I spoke to the mgr at my local VZW (Wichita, KS) & he told me he thought based on his own research (whatever that means) he thinks it might be out as soon as tomorrow, or friday, or saturday...again, take it FWIW

Anytime now the thunderbolt should be getting released I want it yesterday. So hurry up and drop this phone. I don't care bout the data pricing ill get it NO MATTER WHAT!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back