NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I-Pad 2 on the 11th?? Would apple permit TB launch on the 10th??? I have a feeling we just lost the 10th and are backed up to the 17th now.

If what Hookbill posted is true, it will be after the 17th. I'm just assuming the 31st at this point, if it comes before I will be pleasantly surprised.

You misread what he said. He said he voted for a date in the poll, and his vote was not the "later than 3/17" choice. That leaves 3/10 and 3/17, assuming that the dates this week are out of the running at this point. The only way this week is possible is if the phones have already shipped to stores, and they are doing a silent launch. VZW has done this before, but not with a flagship phone, so this is almost certainly not going to happen.

I-Pad 2 on the 11th?? Would apple permit TB launch on the 10th??? I have a feeling we just lost the 10th and are backed up to the 17th now.

If what Hookbill posted is true, it will be after the 17th. I'm just assuming the 31st at this point, if it comes before I will be pleasantly surprised.

You misread what he said. He said he voted for a date in the poll, and his vote was not the "later than 3/17" choice. That leaves 3/10 and 3/17, assuming that the dates this week are out of the running at this point. The only way this week is possible is if the phones have already shipped to stores, and they are doing a silent launch. VZW has done this before, but not with a flagship phone, so this is almost certainly not going to happen.

You're right had to go back and re-read that post, slower. I reversed the meaning in me head somehow.

I would agree that a silent launch seems unlikely, it's a high profile phone. So 17th at the latest, sweet. :)

Why would the iPad 2 and the TB have to do in common, to conflict release dates? In fact wasnt the XOOM and the TB had the same week?

Now if it was the iPhone 5 and TB or iPhone 5 and Bionic then yes maybe there would be a problem.

Why would the iPad 2 and the TB have to do in common, to conflict release dates? In fact wasnt the XOOM and the TB had the same week?

Now if it was the iPhone 5 and TB or iPhone 5 and Bionic then yes maybe there would be a problem.

This is an excellent point. They have nothing to do with each other. If you're needing a phone that has 4G capability why would you spend your money on an iPad?

This is an excellent point. They have nothing to do with each other. If you're needing a phone that has 4G capability why would you spend your money on an iPad?

Exactly, there is no risk that a consumer would go to the store to buy one, but end up walking out with the other instead. Smartphones and tablets are 2 different markets with a lot of different functionality (even though there is a lot of overlap). The only reason it could have any effect is in the logisitics of the stores (Will it be too crowded if released within a day of each other? Will there be enough CSRs on-hand to answer questions?).

Agree as well.. but how nice of Apple to launch two things back to back on Verizon while we still wait for Android.. none since last Christmas.. :( Not calling out that there is a secret contract.. just saying.. how nice of Verizon to let Apple do this.. :icon_evil:

EDIT: Sorry Xoom I didn't mean to leave you out and all your wonderful glory.. but you all get the point..

This is getting beyond rediculous.:icon_evil:

Please release this stinking android phone before I have a weak moment and pop for an iPhone. :icon_eek:

Please release this stinking android phone before I have a weak moment and pop for an iPhone. :icon_eek:

Resist…..You definitely don't want an iPhone 4 from Verizon. They are getting some horrible reviews.

FWIW, sending me a pm asking me what the date is will not work. So please save yourself the effort.:D

Too bad it isn't one of those polls that shows how everyone voted huh?:icon_ devil:

Resist…..You definitely don't want an iPhone 4 from Verizon. They are getting some horrible reviews.

Really? Can you link me to some? It may be just enough to keep me hanging on. I am being serious. I need a phone so bad I am really considering caving and getting the 4, but if I can read some credible bad reviews, maybe I can hold off. This BlackBerry storm is KILLING ME...

Correct. Nothing in common and different customer bases, but some how I can't see apple allowing anything to impinge on thier party.

Hey I am the first person to hope that I am wrong and be happy about it, and the 10th is a go.

Really? Can you link me to some? It may be just enough to keep me hanging on. I am being serious. I need a phone so bad I am really considering caving and getting the 4, but if I can read some credible bad reviews, maybe I can hold off. This BlackBerry storm is KILLING ME...

Consumer Reports doesn't recommend Verizon iPhone 4 - CNN

I've heard it several times but this is the one that comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back