NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to previous posts, I'm selecting 3/10 for the release date.

Not even VZW would be stupid enough to release a phone a St. Patricks Day.

That would be the closest thing to a silent release.

Hookbill, I am kind of new to these forums. How do you have inside info? Do you work for Verizon or something? It seems everyone is very interested in what you think will be the big day. Just curious, maybe I am missing something.

I could just picture people in leprechaun get ups drinking green beer and getting their thunderbolt. Lines of people, with vendors going up and down refilling the cups at 8 bucks a pop.dancedroiddancedroid

not being rude but.. who are you? do you work in corporate vw? where are you getting this information?

;)

On a side note, whoever posted that $30/mo data will be available for the HTC Thunderbolt is correct according to the original plan. However, as the launch continues to be delayed, there are those in Verizon's hierarchy who want to roll out the 4G tiered pricing at the same time as the phone's release.

This goes against their original school of thought which was to lure in owners of the Thunderbolt, Bionic, and Revolution by keeping the $30 unlimited data option open until summer.

I have no idea what will be decided right now but that's the debate.

I could just picture people in leprechaun get ups drinking green beer and getting their thunderbolt. Lines of people, with vendors going up and down refilling the cups at 8 bucks a pop.dancedroiddancedroid

And there I am sitting outside waiting for my "free" TB.

"Oh sir, you left your...nevermind." hehehe

I'll bring my "green man" suit and play bartender! :greendroid::icon_ banana::greendroid: If it released on 3/17, that would certainly be cause for even more celebration on St. Patty's Day. Hopefully I don't get too tipsy and drop or lose my new TB!

Hookbill, I am kind of new to these forums. How do you have inside info? Do you work for Verizon or something? It seems everyone is very interested in what you think will be the big day. Just curious, maybe I am missing something.

I can't reveal who I'm getting the information from, it could cause someone to lose their job. So stick around to see if I'm right or if I get a cyber lynching. :icon_eek:

I'm guessing the 17th now.

I seem to recall reading something a long time ago that the TB was having issues when making a switch between LTE and 3G networks and vis-versa.

I'll bring my "green man" suit and play bartender! :greendroid::icon_ banana::greendroid: If it released on 3/17, that would certainly be cause for even more celebration on St. Patty's Day. Hopefully I don't get too tipsy and drop or lose my new TB!

Has diaster written all over it. Drunk lose phone, drunk drop phone, drunk go to jail = lose phone, Drunk let chieck look at phone = lose phone. No matter how you look at it this doesn't end well.

I can't reveal who I'm getting the information from, it could cause someone to lose their job. So stick around to see if I'm right or if I get a cyber lynching. :icon_eek:

Fair enough, thanks.

Comon March 10th!!! I am sick of sitting on this tax return $$. I just want to give it to you big red!

:(

I heard from a few people today that the thunderbolt might launch as a 3g device. I sure hope not.

But you haven't given us a date. How will know if you are right?

not being rude but.. who are you? do you work in corporate vw? where are you getting this information?

;)

On a side note, whoever posted that $30/mo data will be available for the HTC Thunderbolt is correct according to the original plan. However, as the launch continues to be delayed, there are those in Verizon's hierarchy who want to roll out the 4G tiered pricing at the same time as the phone's release.

This goes against their original school of thought which was to lure in owners of the Thunderbolt, Bionic, and Revolution by keeping the $30 unlimited data option open until summer.

I have no idea what will be decided right now but that's the debate.

This post and your one earlier today seem plausible, but where are you getting your information? Who or what is your source of inside info? Can you post a link? You can understand how skeptical we all are around here when people make claims such as this after the ride we have all been taking. I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about, you certainly could work for VZW, I'm just saying that we don't know if you do or not.

Also, how would VZW know what the tiers will be yet? There are no phones on the LTE network yet, so how do they know what to charge for what amounts of data? I think there needs to be 1-3 LTE phones released first to gather data for a couple of months, then make that determination. Additionally, the markets to test this are limited since LTE is not available in most cities yet. Charging anything but $30 unlimited 3G/4G right now is premature, imo. Maybe they will throttle back the highest data hogs to save bandwidth for other more common users, but I think the summer rumors will hold true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back