NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever, this whole situation was handled very poorly. If there was something wrong with it and they were fixing it they should have just told us that. VZW has said literally nothing and this has just been an awful experience. When BB said the 14th and I know almost nothing about phones, anything they tell me sounds true. VZW should have stepped in, said "sorry but BB was mistaken, we are doing what we can to get you the phone." Instead they said, "yeah, its really cool, you might get one...someday..." I'm just glad this whole thing is almost over so I can have a nice phone and not have to deal with this crap anymore.

quick question. sorry if it's OT, but what's the benefit of preordering online (when it's available) vs. going into the store on launch day?

if I preordered it online would it get shipped to my house or would I pick it up in the store? (I've never preordered before)

do the dates of when it's available for preorder and when it's available in stores have any play on each other?

Whatever, this whole situation was handled very poorly. If there was something wrong with it and they were fixing it they should have just told us that. VZW has said literally nothing and this has just been an awful experience. When BB said the 14th and I know almost nothing about phones, anything they tell me sounds true. VZW should have stepped in, said "sorry but BB was mistaken, we are doing what we can to get you the phone." Instead they said, "yeah, its really cool, you might get one...someday..." I'm just glad this whole thing is almost over so I can have a nice phone and not have to deal with this crap anymore.

I agree, it was handled very poorly by VZW

I know that technically the official word from VZW was Q1, but there has obviously been major delays. If you're HTC you don't start multi-million dollar media campaigns for a product that is coming out a month later and then halt them out of the blue right before the device is actually released. (most likely causing some pretty big opt out fees)

Feb 14th really seems like it was the day the phone was supposed to come out. The online site takeovers throughout the web cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, you only do that kind of thing to make a huge splash.

quick question. sorry if it's OT, but what's the benefit of preordering online (when it's available) vs. going into the store on launch day?

if I preordered it online would it get shipped to my house or would I pick it up in the store? (I've never preordered before)

do the dates of when it's available for preorder and when it's available in stores have any play on each other?

If you order online they ship fed ex directly to your house. Note Signature is required.

One benefit is the possibilty of the getting the phone a couple of days early. I ordered my daughter the fruit phone and she had it Friday 6 days before it officially launched. No talking any sense into teenage girl

Jbcsides: why would you listen to best buy?

Verizon said Q1, and as far as anyone knows it's on schedule.

Verizon doesn't need to "step in" and cover for best buy.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Yes they do because it is just plain shady to let loyal customers be lead on like that. Saying a vague date like "Q1" is just a cheap way to cover their asses if something doesn't go right.

Best Buy also doesn't just pick a random date out of the blue without VERY strong indications from the carrier that the date is legit.

is the camera in the TB the same camera thats in the htc 7mozart??????

I fully expect an announcement tomorrow. This all makes sense with what I was told earlier today.

Keeping my fingers crossed for an official announcement from Vzw.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

I fully expect an announcement tomorrow. This all makes sense with what I was told earlier today.

Is there a time that VZW usually makes annoucements or just when ever they feel like it.

With they way things have been going it will prpbably be 1:59 tomorrow night. LOL

Why would the iPad 2 and the TB have to do in common, to conflict release dates? In fact wasnt the XOOM and the TB had the same week?

Now if it was the iPhone 5 and TB or iPhone 5 and Bionic then yes maybe there would be a problem.

This is an excellent point. They have nothing to do with each other. If you're needing a phone that has 4G capability why would you spend your money on an iPad?

Agree as well.. but how nice of Apple to launch two things back to back on Verizon while we still wait for Android.. none since last Christmas.. :( Not calling out that there is a secret contract.. just saying.. how nice of Verizon to let Apple do this.. :icon_evil:

EDIT: Sorry Xoom I didn't mean to leave you out and all your wonderful glory.. but you all get the point..

Now that Verizon has the new iPad2 with 3G right after the XOOM which has 3G, no microSDHC support YET, and you have to return it for 4G. The carrier agreements are stifling the Wi-Fi only units and Moto is going to lose sales big time.

Verizon will announce the HTC Thunderbolt for release on March 10th.

Done deal. More details to come.

Please be clearer. Your post can be read in the two following ways-

1)Verizon will announce the Bolt for release on March 10th. Meaning Verizon will announce soon that the Bolt will be released on March 10th to buy.

2) Verizon will announce on Match 10th the Bolt's future release.

Yeah. +1 to that. Pretty vague statement.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

title ftw? unless he added that later.. lol

Yes they do because it is just plain shady to let loyal customers be lead on like that. Saying a vague date like "Q1" is just a cheap way to cover their asses if something doesn't go right.

duh? take a biz class its not all about "i want i want" best buy dug their own hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back