NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be Here At 8
{be here"at/verizon at eight}
which is 8 days from today

or be here on vzw.com at 8 tomorrow for an announcement?

either way :icon_ banana:

has it always said "strike soon" on the verizon website?

as far as i know it has, you do mean the tunderbolt countdown page?

yeah, exactly. thought it was coming soon. maybe the lighting is messing with my head

yeah its always said strikes soon... the wait is messing with your head

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dont ya just wanna yell "inconceivable". :icon_ banana:
LOL!!! I was thinking of Vizzini as I wrote that!!! In fact, I almost made a reference along the lines of "You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me. "

I've developed an immunity to "iocaine powder," and Thunderbolt release delays.

Verizon will announce the HTC Thunderbolt for release on March 10th.

Done deal. More details to come.

Thanks for this. I will be paying attention tomorrow morning, and if this is right, you are the man!

As I said earlier, it's definitely one of the days that are in the poll. Commercials starting today, announcement tomorrow? I'd say that's a good possibility.

Yep, I'd say that starting to see commercials again today is a great sign for an announcement of release date tomorrow (or at least very soon).:icon_ banana:

Whatever, this whole situation was handled very poorly. If there was something wrong with it and they were fixing it they should have just told us that. VZW has said literally nothing and this has just been an awful experience. When BB said the 14th and I know almost nothing about phones, anything they tell me sounds true. VZW should have stepped in, said "sorry but BB was mistaken, we are doing what we can to get you the phone." Instead they said, "yeah, its really cool, you might get one...someday..." I'm just glad this whole thing is almost over so I can have a nice phone and not have to deal with this crap anymore.

It would have been nice to be kept in the loop, but major corporations simply cannot disclose every time there is a problem with their product during the testing and development phase. If they did, no one would ever buy anything when it came out for fear of continued issues, and the company's stock would go down. Bad business, even if a many enthusiastic customers are disappointed. VZW mas merely said to expect it soon, and that it would be released when fully ready, but only that it would be released sometime by late March, possibly earlier in a best case scenario (which obviously did not happen). It was unfortunate that the Best Buy dates got leaked because they got everyone's hopes up and turned out to not be true, outside of Best Buy's control.

Some people seem to think they may be putting gingerbread on the TB. But what would gingerbread actually mean? I thought gingerbread was only cosmetic changes to stock android.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Its a lot more than cosmetic changes. Do a google search for android 2.3 sdk release notes. You will see that there has been new features added, things improved, and of course an updated UI.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

How annoyed will people be if tomorrow's supposed announcement is "coming on 3/10" without any info on (a) data plan pricing, (b) phone pricing, (c) features (like Skype), and (d) pre-ordering?

I would ASSUME at this point in the process (and with the CFO's comments the other day) that everything is now settled.

I have the Verizon Wireless tweets coming to me as a text, so I may need to push my 11:00am meeting to 11:05am....

How annoyed will people be if tomorrow's supposed announcement is "coming on 3/10" without any info on (a) data plan pricing, (b) phone pricing, (c) features (like Skype), and (d) pre-ordering?

I would ASSUME at this point in the process (and with the CFO's comments the other day) that everything is now settled.

I have the Verizon Wireless tweets coming to me as a text, so I may need to push my 11:00am meeting to 11:05am....

Not very much, honestly. (a) I expect data to stay $30 unlimited to start with. I think the change to tiered will not happen for a few months yet. (b) I think it will be $250 on a 2 year contract, I don't think it will end up being $300 (fingers crossed). If it is, at least it comes with the 32GB microSD card and LTE included to start if you have it in your area (assuming this). (c) I don't care about Skype that much, I won't use it often and will most likely be able to get it soon, even if not integrated at release, regardless. (d) I already pre-ordered on 2/10, but maybe they will announce when pre-orders begin at VZW along with the release date. But this is just me personally, I'm sure others will be annoyed if they don't. And there's always a chance that they could clear up all of this stuff if they do announce it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back