NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a new commercial!

saw this posted on twitter not too long ago...
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
[video=youtube;GUe1f84cF1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUe1f84cF1c[/video]

Ok guys. Bear with me here, but word is look for AN ANNOUNCEMENT AT 11AM EST TOMORROW.

Im in central time so Im thinking that would be 9am for me. Release is late next week on the 10th. Ill see yall here soon!!

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

It will be 10AM for CSD

If a TB announcement happens tomorrow, 3 additional things to look for a reference to (for those that haven't read this yet): Netflix, Google Music, and OnLive. They are rumored by Bennnnnnn over at Android Central in riddle form today to be surprise additions to the TB. We will see...

I would love if Netflix came to the TB, it is afterall coming to snapdragon procs first

Commercials dont mean anything..tha ads have been running for a while now...it was tha same way when the droid incredible was coming out..as a matter of fact I saw a droid incredible commercial today..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

The initial commercials were paid for well ahead of time in anticipation of release, then at one point they were pulled from the internet and tv at the last minute for some reason. They stopped for awhile, and have just started resurfacing on tv today. There was a gap there for a while where people weren't seeing them. They still aren't back up on the VZW YouTube page, but maybe they are waiting for tomorrow to put them back up there.

And as far as the old Droids, many of them are EOL (end-of-life) dated to 3/31, so they are trying to sell them really cheap now to make room for new inventory. The recent drop in price (marking down all Droid branded handsets by $100) is another good sign of impending release for the TB.

If a TB announcement happens tomorrow, 3 additional things to look for a reference to (for those that haven't read this yet): Netflix, Google Music, and OnLive. They are rumored by Bennnnnnn over at Android Central in riddle form today to be surprise additions to the TB. We will see...

According to this we wont be seeing netflix on android devices for a while

Android-powered LG Revolution caught streaming Netflix at MWC (video) -- Engadget

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

You could be right, that article is not very encouraging for that rumor. Maybe Netflix will require dual core or something (from the tone of it, but not sure)? It is also possible that HTC was just keeping this one close to the vest to unleash it as a surprise (but this is less likely). We'll find out soon enough.

another little hint..

apparently Jonathan Geller, founder of BGR.com says a big "monstah" post is coming tomorrow. Sure this guy loves his apples but he was the origional thunderbolt leaker after all :icon_ devil:

@boygenius
Jonathan S. Geller
monster post for tomorrow. like. monstah.

Twitter

apparently Johnathon Geller, founder of BGR.com says a big "monstah" post is coming tomorrow. Sure this guy loves his apples but he was the origional thunderbolt leaker after all :icon_ devil:

@boygenius
Jonathan S. Geller
monster post for tomorrow. like. monstah.

Twitter

tomorrow HAS to be the announcement then! so much has changed already! next up.. the verizon website needs to change!

I cannot handle this excitement any longer (if these rumors about an announcement tomorrow are true). if nothing happens tomorrow, it'll be a sad, sad day. but here's to optimism!

If they don't announce today I will probably have to be put in the looney bin. Far too excited about this phone. My brain music keeps switching between the Thundercats theme (Feel the magic, hear the roar, Thunderbolt is loose!) and AC/DC Thunderstruck (You've got, THUNDERBOLT! yeeeaheeeyeaheeeyeah THUNDERBOLT!).

Sent from my Eris

well here we go.. lets see what the day holds.. if they end up doing a preorder with Verizon ... whenever they finally do announce.. I will be all over it.. seems that the preorder phones always come a day early or worse case day of launch..

If they don't announce today I will probably have to be put in the looney bin. Far too excited about this phone. My brain music keeps switching between the Thundercats theme (Feel the magic, hear the roar, Thunderbolt is loose!) and AC/DC Thunderstruck (You've got, THUNDERBOLT! yeeeaheeeyeaheeeyeah THUNDERBOLT!).

Sent from my Eris

I'm pretty sure your trip to the looney bin will be postponed. Well, that is unless there are some other reasons for you to go.

Actually I think a lot of you are set for the looney bin with all the excitement generated by a phone. It will be interesting to see how they sell on the first day of sales.

Since it was mentioned yesterday by another person that seemed confident in their sources I will confirm that the day they picked is the same day that I am being told it will be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back