NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Hook I am going to guess you are aiming for the 10th.. I find it funny though that you have expressed how the TB is nice but not your thing.. so careful.. don't want you to get taken to the looney bin by association.. :)

Well Hook I am going to guess you are aiming for the 10th.. I find it funny though that you have expressed how the TB is nice but not your thing.. so careful.. don't want you to get taken to the looney bin by association.. :)

OK here's why I'm not interested. First I don't need to have the latest and greatest coming off the line. I did go from d1 to d2 but it was upgrade time for me. Or at least close to it. So I'm not eligible for an upgrade for quite some time.

Second is 4G. I live between Akron and Cleveland in a rural area. I doubt seriously if I'll see 4G anytime soon and even then I'm not too sure I want it.

Now to get us back on topic, yes the 10th is the date. And I believe there will be some sort of an announcement today but I haven't been told that by anyone. I just think a week before the date makes sense, and plus the fact that even though it was on syfy someone reported seeing a Thunderbolt commercial yesterday.

Edit, one more reason: If it don't say Motorola, it ain't a Droid. ;)

What does everyone think about price? I know we have seen both $250 in the early BB ads and $300 in the more recent ones. I hope they will honor the original price of $250 (ie. bring in old ad, claim reliance in pre-ordering), $300 seems pretty steep compared to what else is out there (although I will still suck it up and pay). There is also a possibility of a $50 or $100 mail-in or instant rebate to take into consideration (may or may not be factored into the $300 price). Another option is that the extra $50 could be for some surprise goodie, or to account for the included 32GB microSD card.

I know this isn't about the release date, but I didn't want to start yet another TB thread for this if we are just going to find out in a few hours anyway. It will just give us something to pass the time this morning.

What does everyone think about price? I know we have seen both $250 in the early BB ads and $300 in the more recent ones. I hope they will honor the original price of $250 (ie. bring in old ad, claim reliance in pre-ordering), $300 seems pretty steep compared to what else is out there (although I will still suck it up and pay). There is also a possibility of a $50 or $100 mail-in or instant rebate to take into consideration (may or may not be factored into the $300 price). Another option is that the extra $50 could be for some surprise goodie, or to account for the included 32GB microSD card.

I know this isn't about the release date, but I didn't want to start yet another TB thread for this if we are just going to find out in a few hours anyway. It will just give us something to pass the time this morning.

I hope it's $249, and BB should honor that since that's what their original ad said. But all things considered, the 32gb i*hone is $299, and the TB is technically superior in almost every way. While I hope otherwise, sadly, the $299 makes more sense to me.

ugh, way too early for this. So I'm excited for 10am. lol i think i prob have a straight jacket and 50cc's of promethazine waiting for me if they dont announce today!

:rofl2::shocked::icon_ laughup::painkiller:

ugh, way too early for this. So I'm excited for 10am. lol i think i prob have a straight jacket and 50cc's of promethazine waiting for me if they dont announce today!

:rofl2::shocked::icon_ laughup::painkiller:

What about 10am?

I really hope we get a release date today. I can't hold out too much longer. My OG droid is crapping out on me.

I really hope we get a release date today. I can't hold out too much longer. My OG droid is crapping out on me.

Me too. I was previously willing to wait until the summer for a new phone but after my Droid died last week and I've been using a BB Storm... yeah. It's painful.

45 Minutes for people on the east side!
Let's wish for the best!

Sent from my MB200 using DroidForums App

This morning, BGR just tweeted:
"Get ready for some huge news coming up on BGR!"

Last night, Jonathan Gellar (the boy genius himself) tweeted:
"monster post for tomorrow. like. monstah."

And it better not be referring to this recent post from Verizon:
The results are in! #VerizonWireless is recognized as call quality leader in 5 regions by JD Power & Associates: http://bit.ly/eiI3Lf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back