NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Just got a call from Verizon manager that was supposed to have my TB last Monday.. guess what.. they are not in yet.. I will be calling him back and seeing what the word is from their camp whenever I go on lunch.. anything interesting I will share..

I think the verizonwireless.com site is down. I logged in, selected to upgrade my current device and the page is blank (no devices are being listed) - does anyone else get the same thing?

I have the same issue too. I was logged in at work so I thought it was their security. Guess not.....

If that's the case then they are getting ready to make an announcement

sent from stock dx

Don't see the old phone sale having anything to do with the release date:

1. You could always return the old phone when the TB becomes available. They would need to be releasing the TB on 3/18 if they wanted to clear out inventory and wiat for the 14 day period to elapse.

2. Different customer bases. People aren't going to wait for a TB, get tired of the situation, and then go buy some low-end Samsung with a BOGOF offer.

Who knows at this point though....

Just logged into VZW and it worked fine. Big surprise...the TB wasn't mentioned.

Let's clear the air for a minute:

Bennnnn stated that the announcement will happen sometime today without giving a time.
Jerryyyyy stated that the announcement will happen at 11:00am today.
Bennnnn has stated that he does not know Jerryyyyy. At all.

You all have been punked by Jerryyyyy!

Damn you Seinfeld!

160585-albums873-picture3036.jpg
lol ben&jerry any1 else got a sudden craving for icecream??????

1. You could always return the old phone when the TB becomes available. They would need to be releasing the TB on 3/18 if they wanted to clear out inventory and wiat for the 14 day period to elapse.

2. Different customer bases. People aren't going to wait for a TB, get tired of the situation, and then go buy some low-end Samsung with a BOGOF offer.

I think the idea is that they want to clear out the inventory of DINC, X, D2 to make room for the Bionic and TB.

I would assume the phones for $100 off will be EOL soon.

Also they probably want the sale to be over so people dont go

"Meh, on the TB, I'll get a (pre-owned) DINC for FREE"

I disagree. People in the market for a $50-100 phone aren't willing to pay a large restocking fee. The phones on sale are the "Droid" branded phones (D2G, X, Pro, Inc, etc.), not the lower-end phones. Some people have already gotten tired of waiting for this unicorn of a phone, and others had broken phones and simply could not wait, so they chose to go with an X or Inc. Most have probably hung in there though.

Just pathetic.... WE are pathetic for putting so much faith into other people, and into Verizon. Verizon is pathetic for letting so many of us down, they cant just let us know what's going on.

/\\/\\orlince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back