NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Verizon has not broken any promises yet, they have never publicly stated anything beyond statements along the lines of: "Q1" and "we are striving to make the device flawless" and "it may be coming sooner than expected." It is our fault for blindly putting faith in false internet prophets. We have learned the same lesson time and time again over the past several weeks (or have we?). Companies do not and should not disclose to their customers when they are having problems with their products in the testing and development stage (and specifically what those issues are). That is very bad for business. If the issues are serious and irreparable, the device will not come out. If they can be fixed safely and cost effectively, then it will. They owe the customer no duty to tell them the process experienced along the way, unless some kind of injury or harm occurs. You must understand that the hundreds of people clamoring for release date info on the forums, blogs, facebook, twitter, etc. is just a small percentage of their overall customer base. Also, they have shareholders and competitors to worry about as well. Disclosing such information before release could kill stock prices and give competitors plenty of artillery to use against you.

No. Wrong. Verizon has clearly dropped the ball on this, and despite the fact that they may have never publicly committed to a specific date, they are still responsible for being accountable to their customers. They don't have to come right out and say exactly what is wrong and what is causing the delay, but they have a responsibility for engaging their customers somehow.

It is never a customers fault when a corporation drops the ball. It's now clear that they've delayed the release of this phone on more than one occasion. Instead of a condescending tweet telling their customers that nothing has been delayed because they haven't announced an official date (which they did when they delayed from Feb 14), they could just as easily say that they're working on some issues and hope to have the product to market as soon as possible. Instead, we either get condescension, or a stubborn silence.

I think just the opposite. I think if a company is honest about whats going on, it helps them with public opinion. Like Antenna gate with the iPhone 4, had they from the very beginning instead of saying "Your holding it wrong" said "Hey, we F'ed up, heres a new case for free to help fix it" it would have gone a long way in how public opinion was perceived about the matter.

Verizon has never been in the business of pandering customers. You always have to balance public opinion with dollar signs. If the money outweighs the negative publicity, then you take that risk. If the goodwill outweighs the monetary loss, then you opt for disclosure. Business always comes down to the bottom line (ie. How do we maximize profit in both the short run and the long run?). I'm sure that Verizon will do whatever it can to correct any issues that will arise with the phone, not just say "you're using it wrong." I think the point is that all the "delays" have been so the device does not have any such major flaws when it is finally released.

I just called Verizon they said it probably wont be out til' the 24th due to the iPad2 realease....JK but seriously why don't they still have a realease date im sick of seeing the commercials but still no due date.

I think just the opposite. I think if a company is honest about whats going on, it helps them with public opinion. Like Antenna gate with the iPhone 4, had they from the very beginning instead of saying "Your holding it wrong" said "Hey, we F'ed up, heres a new case for free to help fix it" it would have gone a long way in how public opinion was perceived about the matter.

Verizon has never been in the business of pandering customers. You always have to balance public opinion with dollar signs. If the money outweighs the negative publicity, then you take that risk. If the goodwill outweighs the monetary loss, then you opt for disclosure. Business always comes down to the bottom line (ie. How do we maximize profit in both the short run and the long run?). I'm sure that Verizon will do whatever it can to correct any issues that will arise with the phone, not just say "you're using it wrong." I think the point is that all the "delays" have been so the device does not have any such major flaws when it is finally released.

Ok, but if that is the case then we would appreciate that and be happy to wait for it. That is all I'm saying. If it's for our benefit in the long run then that is just super duper but them saying "we'll tell you something when there is something to tell" is just utter douche-baggery.

Whether V is into pandering customers or not i believe that this has gone too far. Yes, they are getting publicity for this but is it the right kind of publicity that they want? I am sure at this point they are getting more bad publicity by keeping everyone in the dark and not dispelling rumors than by just coming out and telling people through tweets and facebook that it's coming... it's coming ... it's coming. I think dispelling the rumors from the beginning would have calmed alot of the wild rantings that are going on.

Oh well, that's just what i think.

/\\/\\orlince

If it's for our benefit in the long run then that is just super duper but them saying "we'll tell you something when there is something to tell" is just utter douche-baggery.

I like that... douche-baggery!

I'm going to say it now. An announcement by Verizon is eminent. It will happen today. Not the TB itself but they will announce when it will become available today. Have you guys signed up for email notification?

i like how "so it doesnt have any major flaws"

isnt that part of the development process. DONT have a preorder and announce a phone if it isnt ready. thats the reason people are "mad"

I'm going to say it now. An announcement by Verizon is eminent. It will happen today. Not the TB itself but they will announce when it will become available today. Have you guys signed up for email notification?

Yeah I have...I also signed up for email notification about the iPhone when it was coming out and only got one when pre-orders started so we'll see how effective that is...

Whether V is into pandering customers or not i believe that this has gone too far. Yes, they are getting publicity for this but is it the right kind of publicity that they want? I am sure at this point they are getting more bad publicity by keeping everyone in the dark and not dispelling rumors than by just coming out and telling people through tweets and facebook that it's coming... it's coming ... it's coming. I think dispelling the rumors from the beginning would have calmed alot of the wild rantings that are going on.

Oh well, that's just what i think.

/\\/\\orlince
Not just coming....coming...coming....

Coming soon....
Is it still considered coming soon, if its been coming soon for a month now?

jw what makes you so certain, reliable source of yours? from the viewpoint of a passer-byer what makes your info so correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back