NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really appreciate some kind of announcement, even if it doesn't release until the 17th or something. That is the thing that bothers me the most, why can't they just keep us updated on what is going on?

edit: even if they announced in february that it was coming out the 3rd or something and then were like hey we ran into an issue with x feature or y software, looks like we need to push it back a bit.

OK so without me having to sift through all the BS. Last I read was the release date was confirmed for March 10th. Is this no longer true?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OK so without me having to sift through all the BS. Last I read was the release date was confirmed for March 10th. Is this no longer true?

It was never really "confirmed". And we still think that's gonna be the date. They jut didn't formally announce it yet today like rumors said they would.

Wow OK I was counting on the 10th to get rid of my crapinate

Next Monday is when shipments should arrive. So lets all give it a rest until then. If we do not see shipments on monday then we can continue the outcry. So relax, breathe and wait for Monday.

Just pathetic.... WE are pathetic for putting so much faith into other people, and into Verizon. Verizon is pathetic for letting so many of us down, they cant just let us know what's going on.

/\\/\\orlince

Verizon has not broken any promises yet, they have never publicly stated anything beyond statements along the lines of: "Q1" and "we are striving to make the device flawless" and "it may be coming sooner than expected." It is our fault for blindly putting faith in false internet prophets. We have learned the same lesson time and time again over the past several weeks (or have we?). Companies do not and should not disclose to their customers when they are having problems with their products in the testing and development stage (and specifically what those issues are). That is very bad for business. If the issues are serious and irreparable, the device will not come out. If they can be fixed safely and cost effectively, then it will. They owe the customer no duty to tell them the process experienced along the way, unless some kind of injury or harm occurs. You must understand that the hundreds of people clamoring for release date info on the forums, blogs, facebook, twitter, etc. is just a small percentage of their overall customer base. Also, they have shareholders and competitors to worry about as well. Disclosing such information before release could kill stock prices and give competitors plenty of artillery to use against you.

Wow OK I was counting on the 10th to get rid of my crapinate

Got rid of that pos phone back on jan 3rd I hated it, it droped 3g service all the time and a hell of a time connecting to wifi and then losing it. Has ne one else noticed v's service crappy lately? This tb better be awesome or ima be super pissed off.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Q: have any of you, that want the TB so bad it's inside of you, tried to grease a Verizon/BB employee yet? Worst they'd say is "I can't take your money sir" to which you say "sure you can".

I don't know if they're in store yet but if they are $50~$100 goes a long way for a salesman.

Q: have any of you, that want the TB so bad it's inside of you, tried to grease a Verizon/BB employee yet? Worst they'd say is "I can't take your money sir" to which you say "sure you can".

I don't know if they're in store yet but if they are $50~$100 goes a long way for a salesman.

Oh that's desperate man I ain't willing to waist money on some low level employee that could just make some crap up and get paid for it blah!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I think we have established that they don't really know anything so your $50-$100 would get you the same results. What incentive do they have to hold back? If you just walk into your local Version/BB store you are going to just get a regular joe/jane that knows as much as you already know

Just pathetic.... WE are pathetic for putting so much faith into other people, and into Verizon. Verizon is pathetic for letting so many of us down, they cant just let us know what's going on.

/\\/\\orlince

Verizon has not broken any promises yet, they have never publicly stated anything beyond statements along the lines of: "Q1" and "we are striving to make the device flawless" and "it may be coming sooner than expected." It is our fault for blindly putting faith in false internet prophets. We have learned the same lesson time and time again over the past several weeks (or have we?). Companies do not and should not disclose to their customers when they are having problems with their products in the testing and development stage (and specifically what those issues are). That is very bad for business. If the issues are serious and irreparable, the device will not come out. If they can be fixed safely and cost effectively, then it will. They owe the customer no duty to tell them the process experienced along the way, unless some kind of injury or harm occurs. You must understand that the hundreds of people clamoring for release date info on the forums, blogs, facebook, twitter, etc. is just a small percentage of their overall customer base. Also, they have shareholders and competitors to worry about as well. Disclosing such information before release could kill stock prices and give competitors plenty of artillery to use against you.
I think just the opposite. I think if a company is honest about whats going on, it helps them with public opinion. Like Antenna gate with the iPhone 4, had they from the very beginning instead of saying "Your holding it wrong" said "Hey, we F'ed up, heres a new case for free to help fix it" it would have gone a long way in how public opinion was perceived about the matter.

Do we even have a link/source for phones shipping this weekend? Or is it just some guy's "rumor"

/\\/\\orlince

I think just the opposite. I think if a company is honest about whats going on, it helps them with public opinion. Like Antenna gate with the iPhone 4, had they from the very beginning instead of saying "Your holding it wrong" said "Hey, we F'ed up, heres a new case for free to help fix it" it would have gone a long way in how public opinion was perceived about the matter.

Yeah, I think that some transparency would make a lot of people feel better. Just saying "It has issues you...but it's super fast" Isn't the least bit comforting and has me considering other options. Silence is never a good form of communication. As long as they are addressing the problem(s) I have no problem with knowing that there is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back