NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
check twitter!?!?!? Those morons are still posting the talk about the battery, which was rumored last week. Twitter is the whole reason this launch is fawked. People go there and believe what the see then spread that infected information to everyone else.

Something like that

So I guess it's pretty safe to say that, just as we though, today is a no go?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Running out of runway for that there 100% guaranteed imminent announcement about the TB today. I thought their corporate offices were in DC, so announcements are based on eastern time frame?

Added: Is this 100% kind of like liquor that shows 100%, but really is not? ;)

This launch is making the Inc seem normal :)

Running out of runway for that there 100% guaranteed imminent announcement about the TB today. I thought their corporate offices were in DC, so announcements are based on eastern time frame?

corporate is in Basking Ridge, NJ....

my aunt lives there, i should go break in

So I guess it's pretty safe to say that, just as we though, today is a no go?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

exactly. If we don't hear something by Monday, we aren't getting the phones on that Thursday. Meaning, they should have an announcement by Monday at the latest, but if not shipping info would start to leak, so we'd know if a thursday launch was coming.... I hightly doubt we find out about the release by a tweet like, "OMG just walked into verizon and boom thunderbolts were there, love it"

that said, if we still haven't heard any real info by this Monday, don't expect the phone next week either.

Personally, I don't care if it comes out march 10 2012, just tell me a date and I'll arrange my life around it.

With the display thing I was in a corp store yesterday (picked up a phone for my grandma) and they did NOT have the TB display

It would be cool if they did a 360 Slim at E3.

Here is the 360 slim, and its shipping today! It will be in stores by ____

that said, if we still haven't heard any real info by this Monday, don't expect the phone next week either.

Well, people pointed out last week that the Xoom was announced on a Tues before a Thurs release so it isn't 100% impossible but I'm disappointed we probably won't hear anything today.

Verizon has not broken any promises yet, they have never publicly stated anything beyond statements along the lines of: "Q1" and "we are striving to make the device flawless" and "it may be coming sooner than expected." It is our fault for blindly putting faith in false internet prophets. We have learned the same lesson time and time again over the past several weeks (or have we?). Companies do not and should not disclose to their customers when they are having problems with their products in the testing and development stage (and specifically what those issues are). That is very bad for business. If the issues are serious and irreparable, the device will not come out. If they can be fixed safely and cost effectively, then it will. They owe the customer no duty to tell them the process experienced along the way, unless some kind of injury or harm occurs. You must understand that the hundreds of people clamoring for release date info on the forums, blogs, facebook, twitter, etc. is just a small percentage of their overall customer base. Also, they have shareholders and competitors to worry about as well. Disclosing such information before release could kill stock prices and give competitors plenty of artillery to use against you.

A big second on this point of view. I've posted the same basic thing many times (not sure if here or other forums...).

for people saying VZW didnt break any promises.....i say they did...

there were ads on their youtube that clearly said February

I think at this point Im going to have to give todays info release a big 'BULL****!'...Its 3pm and my neck is killing me because my chains been yanked so many times lately.

check twitter!?!?!? Those morons are still posting the talk about the battery, which was rumored last week. Twitter is the whole reason this launch is fawked. People go there and believe what the see then spread that infected information to everyone else.

:rofl3: :icon_ rocker::clap::icon_ laughup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back