NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so hook but its getting late. I believe you are being honest with us I just hope nothing has changed since you got your info.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Hook, what is your sources?

I'm sorry if I seem skeptical, in fact I am but I think we all have reason to be skeptical

You can be skeptical. I imagine a lot of people are. I'm giving you the best possible information I can get, and I can't reveal sources.

I actually have some other information but I was asked to hold back on that. So for right now all I can say is that it will be announced today and it will be on 3/10.

Its just difficult to believe this breaking news from a forum poster. Yes you are a mod, but at the end of the day we are just forum members. and this poster as info that no one else has.

I do not mean to offend, I'm just sick of all the hype/letdown/rumors/tweets.

I am not sure about the announcement being made today. However, I am a 100% confident that this thing will be released on 3/10. In the commercial and on the recently spotted display the Thunderbolt has a time of 10:08. The commercial also says Be here at 8. I take that as....be here at 8AM on the 10th to get your TB. Maybe its just wishful thinking.....but I am running with it!

You can be skeptical. I imagine a lot of people are. I'm giving you the best possible information I can get, and I can't reveal sources.

I actually have some other information but I was asked to hold back on that. So for right now all I can say is that it will be announced today and it will be on 3/10.

Its just difficult to believe this breaking news from a forum poster. Yes you are a mod, but at the end of the day we are just forum members. and this poster as info that no one else has.

Hook's information has been 100% consistent with I've been told.
It's being announced today, with a release date of March 10.

I am not sure about the announcement being made today. However, I am a 100% confident that this thing will be released on 3/10. In the commercial and on the recently spotted display the Thunderbolt has a time of 10:08. The commercial also says Be here at 8. I take that as....be here at 8AM on the 10th to get your TB. Maybe its just wishful thinking.....but I am running with it!

I think you're reading way too far into it

Didn't you post the thread that said it was a done deal that it'd be announced at 11am today?

Well my Verizon store doesnt open until 10AM haha

Didn't you post the thread that said it was a done deal that it'd be announced at 11am today?

This is the other point that I am weary of. Its far past 11AM, in fact its 2:40 here :/

Well my Verizon store doesnt open until 10AM haha

haha....shoot!

Hook, what is your sources?

I'm sorry if I seem skeptical, in fact I am but I think we all have reason to be skeptical

The thread is all about speculation. Again, I'm giving you what I'm hearing from what I'm certain is a reliable source. And I put my pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else. Being a moderator doesn't make me special, but it does get me closer to sources. And I'll point out to you that I'm not the only person who's giving out this information, another regular member is hearing the same thing I am.

Because that's when I was told it would happen. I've been texting people familiar with the launch all day... at first they had no idea why it wasn't announced on time.

However, a little over an hour ago I got a text saying it was for sure happening today. No information on the time or a pre-order window, just that the announcement is coming today.

Skepticism is understood but people have to realize I'm just relaying what I'm being told. And the source is legit. Higher up on the VZW food chain than anyone would expect.

I believe the 10:08 is a play on non-digital clocks. They say that clocks are set to 10:10ish time in ads, because it makes the clocks look "happy" Not sure how it works on digital clocks, but just a theory.
As far as the be here at 8, that was part of the commericial, not much to extrapolate from that.
Just my input.

Back in Jan I was doing research on Android phones and planned on moving from ATT to VZW. At first I was looking at the Fascinate, but found out it was crippled. Well by my thoughts crippled. Then I heard about the TB and started following the threads and anticipated release date. I figured I could live with this old iPhone for a few more months. Well as luck would have it I was cruzing through the airport and dropped the iPhone. Dead. So like everyone else here I'm anxiously waiting for a release date, because the only phone I could get right now without signing a new contract or spending a ton of $$$ is this.

I hope the 10th is correct so maybe by the 17th I'll have a new phone and provider.

Attachments

• Nokia_Phone.jpg
    Nokia_Phone.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 185
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back