NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can guess it'll be next Thursday every week too.... does that make me a "reliable source".

I've been calling shenanigans on one of the "insiders" since the Merge flap. His "insider" information has been as bad as a BB employee's!!

You guys might as well wait for Bionic or iP5. They willl both be 4g and dual-core. I honestly think the TB is a stillborn, its outdated before its even dated!!!

How is it outdated? Just because its not the second phone with a dual core doesnt mean its a dinosaur.

I bet the bionic will be delayed just as much. Besides, both the phones are awesome, some people just perfer one a little more than another. Think of it like this, would you rather be first string QB or first string HB on the steelers. You may like one more than the other, but you should be happy if you get either.

Hmmm, I seriously doubt the Bionic will be delayed like this. No reason for it - Motorola got the Atrix out without a hitch; two weeks ahead of schedule in fact. The devices aren't much different.

I'm not so sure people are really preferring one over the other either - the Thunderbolt was at least supposed to be here by the end of Q1 (and I know, I know, they're still meeting that goal, whatever) and the Bionic was scheduled for Q2.

I think it really comes down to how desperate people are to get off whatever device they currently have. I know that was my motivation. I think most of these people would be just excited for the Bionic if that was coming out first.

Not to say HTC has some distinct advantages over Motorola, none of them seem like decision-makers in my opinion.

I would be excited for the bionic if it wasnt for blur and encrypted bootloader.

I've used Blur and Sense side by side and I wouldn't call it a game changer. Besides, there are plenty of launchers to choose from.

As for the bootloaders, I guess that could be. Rooting doesn't seem to be an issue, but if you want be supreme leader of your phone, HTC is probably a better bet.

I'm not sure I understand the need for it, but I guess some do.

I can guess it'll be next Thursday every week too.... does that make me a "reliable source".

I've been calling shenanigans on one of the "insiders" since the Merge flap. His "insider" information has been as bad as a BB employee's!!

You guys might as well wait for Bionic or iP5. They willl both be 4g and dual-core. I honestly think the TB is a stillborn, its outdated before its even dated!!!

How is it outdated? Just because its not the second phone with a dual core doesnt mean its a dinosaur.

Yeah, but those last 6 months before you're eligible for an upgrade could be painful considering what will probably be coming out a year from now.

Atrix has outdated it. Basically the TB is the Eris to the Atrix's Droid.

15 months later, my Droid is still atleast viable, the Eris is basically a smart feature phone at this point.

ugh getting tired of all the push backs on the dates. I need a new phone like NOW, my OG Droid is in pretty rough shape.

*Posted from my Android using DroidForums.net App*

I bet the bionic will be delayed just as much. Besides, both the phones are awesome, some people just perfer one a little more than another. Think of it like this, would you rather be first string QB or first string HB on the steelers. You may like one more than the other, but you should be happy if you get either.

Hmmm, I seriously doubt the Bionic will be delayed like this. No reason for it - Motorola got the Atrix out without a hitch; two weeks ahead of schedule in fact. The devices aren't much different.

I'm not so sure people are really preferring one over the other either - the Thunderbolt was at least supposed to be here by the end of Q1 (and I know, I know, they're still meeting that goal, whatever) and the Bionic was scheduled for Q2.

I think it really comes down to how desperate people are to get off whatever device they currently have. I know that was my motivation. I think most of these people would be just excited for the Bionic if that was coming out first.

Not to say HTC has some distinct advantages over Motorola, none of them seem like decision-makers in my opinion.

I would be excited for the bionic if it wasnt for blur and encrypted bootloader.

+1 I think everyone would be as well.

Yeah, but those last 6 months before you're eligible for an upgrade could be painful considering what will probably be coming out a year from now.

True, but I get my upgrade on exactly March 7th, 2011. So yaaa, doesnt really apply.

True, but I get my upgrade on exactly March 7th, 2011. So yaaa, doesnt really apply.

Yes it does... when you get the TB you'll be locked in til March 2013 with a single 1ghz core. Since nVidia said they'd have quad-core devices by the end of this year.... nevermind...

Best buy already posted an ad for $249. If the charge a penny more there will a lawsuit for false advertising, and I'm not even joking. $299 means you can sue Best Buy.

Good Luck...

And the speculation continues---- $249 to $299 on a two year and like it. No upcharge for lte on this device. Pay more now and save every month later

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

SWEET!!!! THANK YOU MIAMI! was worried about that.

ugh getting tired of all the push backs on the dates. I need a new phone like NOW, my OG Droid is in pretty rough shape.

*Posted from my Android using DroidForums.net App*

Oh good, I thought I was the only tired of waiting. Wait, I'm not, there are hundreds of others.

Yes it does... when you get the TB you'll be locked in til March 2013 with a single 1ghz core. Since nVidia said they'd have quad-core devices by the end of this year.... nevermind...

WE've been getting along just fine on single core haven't we. And I dare you to name one phone that doesn't get outdated in 2 years. If you get the bionic, it will be outdated by quad processers. If you wait for one of those, theyll be outdated too. Thats how cellphones work.

i still belive that they were supposed to announce today. they just changed there mind for some reason. dont blame the insiders posting here, for vw indecision. they are giving us info as they get it.

And the speculation continues---- $249 to $299 on a two year and like it. No upcharge for lte on this device. Pay more now and save every month later

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

SWEET!!!! THANK YOU MIAMI! was worried about that.

Don't buy into it too much. His "insider information" has all proven to be false in the past.

Ya seriously guys. If "Insider info" was true, the phone would've came out January 14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back