New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

I just came back from Verizon getting mines replaced due to earpiece problem , they ordered a new one and was told I would be at my door on the 11th .

Crud Crud Crud - I go on a business trip next Monday - was planning to order it tonight - Now I'm screwed.

Wonder if it's worth getting the Incredible and then returning it when I get back and getting the X at that point - ugh :(.

FYI although its a mail in rebate- it'll ship faster if you order on the phone vs. online.

Crud Crud Crud - I go on a business trip next Monday - was planning to order it tonight - Now I'm screwed.

Wonder if it's worth getting the Incredible and then returning it when I get back and getting the X at that point - ugh :(.
Maybe they'd have some in stock wherever your going?

Maybe they'd have some in stock wherever your going?
There's always that slight chance I guess. I tried calling all the stores around here and they said the 19th. I tried wirelesszone (have been on the waiting list for 1 1/2 weeks) and they still don't know when they're getting em.

(Update) Just called some around there and they said that the stores won't get em until they finish catching up with all the online orders. Oh well...

Last edited:
Sooo.... I ordered my DX on 7/31, the girl told me it would ship by 8/14.. Later that day, VZW online said it wouldn't ship until 8/18.... tonight.. I called to verify with VZW.. the first lady I talked to told me I would recieve it on the 5th... I wanted to confirm so I called back... the next guy gave the the 8/18 date again...

I just checked my email and got a confirmation from fedex, it will be here on 8/4...

gotta love Verizon.... confusing, but you still have to love them..

Same thing here I ordered mine on Sat, and just got email a little while ago saying it will be here on the 4th. Sweet

those last too points are a tad bit upsetting. yeah I said that I can wait, but when I hear of people ordering after, and possibly getting them before I do...RAGE!!!

I will just keep on reading this thread and shed a little tear with each post.

I hear ya' kstatenupe, I ordered mine on tuesday (7/27) and have yet to get even a confirmation email, however I have called them several times. Unfortunately none of the people I talked to gave me the same answer. The first person I talked to said I should have it by tomorrow, but after having called today and being told that it hasn't even shipped yet, I doubt I'll be getting it tomorrow.

I just wish I knew how they decide who gets the phone when, not to be hating or anything but its annoying to find that people that ordered after me are getting it before me.

Oh well, hopefully I'll have it by friday but at this rate...

Last edited:
My vzw stores say they will have them by the 5th if ordered today. *611 says the 18th or later.

So, I thought I'd check Walmart. I poked my head into the electronics' kiosk and saw they had one DX left. I bought it on the spot. I had to move some upgrades around (very messy with grandfathered multimedia phones (env3)), but it all worked out in the end (and the vzw csr was awesome about removing the $9.99 data that got added to the env3).

I can barely put this phone down. I don't miss my Omnia AT ALL!

Wen I called *611 today they still quoted me the original shipping date of 8/11

Bought at local store on 7/31 (Saturday). Got shipment e-mail 8/2 (Monday). Phone is scheduled to arrive on 8/4 (Wednesday).

If anyone looking for a droid x try walmart i got one yesterday for 217.18 with tax included,I did the same for droid one 6 months ago. I would recommend to give it try.

I spoke to customer service on the phone. I ordered mine at verizonwireless.com on 8/1 late at night. They said any phone ordered between 7/31-8/2 is scheduled to ship no later than 8/5. Depending on what method of shipping it should be in your hands by next monday.

Back