~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

I'm having the exact same issue. Is there any way to resolve this?

Too all of you I say: Remove any task killers and antivirus software. If that doesn't fix it then go into settings/privacy/factory data reset.

Cool, thanks. I tried a factory reset. I can now add icons and widgets again. But, I still cannot access the settings. When I click on menu->settings, it does nothing. Is there at least another path into the settings menu?

first off, I am using straight froyo, not anyone's rom so if BB fixes this please let me know..

but I have it so the phone is on vibrate, and if i press down on the volume button it will not go to silent. I can go to settings and turn off vibrate and then the phone shows its on silent.. But i basically want it to work like 2.1..where it goes Loud -> quieter -> quieter->...->vibrate->silent

any help?

Go to the store location and ask them to reflash it with 2.2.

FRG22D was just launched, you will like what you get. Just backup your stuff.

Last edited:
Is there an update.zip file for FRG22D? I'd just soon skip this one with all the trouble it is getting me. And can FRG22D be rooted. I have to have a rooted phone in order to properly backup data. It is the only reason I root. I don't do custom ROMs or overclock.

Is there an update.zip file for FRG22D? I'd just soon skip this one with all the trouble it is getting me. And can FRG22D be rooted. I have to have a rooted phone in order to properly backup data. It is the only reason I root. I don't do custom ROMs or overclock.

Dont know, havent flashed one yet with the new .sbf. You could try the traditional root method for 2.2. If you get white moto screen, just take it back in bootloader and let them recover it.

I'd have to say, the phone sucks big time with 2.2.
Try doing a manual install of the large file from the circus thread. It seems to cure over 90% of all issues associated with the 2.2 update, especially lag, force closures, and unresponsiveness.

I did that step, and it did indeed seem to cure some of the lag and slowness. However, my main complaint now is that my battery life is almost half of what it was pre-2.2. No, I'm not running anti-virus or task killers. With 2.1 I could go 18 hours and still have a green battery. The last couple of days the battery has been dead after 12 hours. No change in apps, no change in usage. Only change was the 2.2 upgrade.

Did a factory reset last night, hopefully that fixes the battery. A phone that doesn't make it through a normal working day is somewhat less than useful.

I'd have to say, the phone sucks big time with 2.2.
Try doing a manual install of the large file from the circus thread. It seems to cure over 90% of all issues associated with the 2.2 update, especially lag, force closures, and unresponsiveness.

I did that step, and it did indeed seem to cure some of the lag and slowness. However, my main complaint now is that my battery life is almost half of what it was pre-2.2. No, I'm not running anti-virus or task killers. With 2.1 I could go 18 hours and still have a green battery. The last couple of days the battery has been dead after 12 hours. No change in apps, no change in usage. Only change was the 2.2 upgrade.

Did a factory reset last night, hopefully that fixes the battery. A phone that doesn't make it through a normal working day is somewhat less than useful.
Yes, that it is. I'm glad the update fixed the main issues you were having at first, though. If the factory reset doesn't fix the issue, try the following.

Let the battery drain completely, so the phone turns itself off, and then charge it for 2 hours on a wall charger without interruption. No, it's not cycling the battery; it's cycling the phone. The phone is smart; it learns. The problem is sometimes what it learns isn't always accurate, especially when the rules change. What it learned in this case was a bad way to gauge battery life. So you cycle it all the way down and all the way back up and the phone relearns the battery state and charge levels. I had to do it on mine a couple weeks back and now my battery is lasting about 50% longer unless I'm going into zero signal areas while driving. Then the battery STILL craps out unless I turn on airplane mode for those areas.

I hope that helps if it's needed! :)

Also, the battery on some phones doesn't seem to be surviving more than 10 months. I've noticed the complaint about shortened battery life from people who've had their phones the longest increased sharply lately.

So, anyone following the issue's I'd been having with the phone freezing, here's an update.

I started slowly restoring my data to the SD card yesterday. I got my pictures, my downloads, and some of my music before I had to go to work. I worked at 3 and the phone worked perfectly until just a few minutes ago when I put the APK for Flash 10.1 on the phone, as SOON as I turned off USB storage, the phone froze again. I plugged it back into the computer and the charging light came on, but not the screen. I left it for a few minutes and it restarted itself and now it's working. I have no doubt now that 2.2 doesn't like having APK's on the SD card, which makes things really difficult, but as long as it's not my music or anything else, I'm ok with it.

Also, if I go to the store today, do you think they'll be able to flash the FRG22D update to the phone? I REALLY don't want to have to do anymore factory resets, I'm getting sick and tired of restoring all my apps and everything to their proper places.

Update: Ugh, nevermind. I don't know what the heck I dd but it's like this thing has a hair trigger. All I did was put the flash APK on the card, and it froze. After it restarted it worked for long enough to install Flash, after which I deleted the APK. As soon as I opened the browser, it froze. I took the battery out and restarted it, messed with it for a while and opened the browser again...froze. This time I just let it sit and eventually it restarted AGAIN. I have no doubt that when I start the browser again it'll freeze again, lemme try.

I just tried it and I'm surprised, I managed to not only load the browser, but type a url and go to a different site. Still, this is ridiculous, this thing just needs to work, I shouldn't have to walk on eggshells hoping that my phone won't freeze.

Last edited:
Last I heard FRG22D isn't officially rolling out yet.

You could do the manual update to it. No factory reset required. But then you'll get the nag screen asking you to update to FRG01B. And that file will be the larger file, so...

I washed my hands of FRG22D after being mocked in the thread, so you'll have to head over there for more info and the latest rumors/information.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...d-update-2-2-froyo-frg22-rolling-out-now.html

Can't scroll webpages after 2.2

My boyfriend and I both have Motorola Droids and he has not been able to scroll down on a webpage, mainly Outlook Web Access, while viewing in landscape with his keyboard out (if that makes a difference) since 2.2. I tried on mine to test it and mine will not scroll, either. Is there a setting that changed with 2.2 that would affect scrolling in landscape view?

Also, Flash is not working for either of us. I have read many different solutions that seem to work for others but not me. I have read to install the Adobe app, which I did, I have heard that some people had Flash work automatically, but no luck here.

I was directed to this thread by a closed one, but after going through 10 pages I dont see this issue... really dont have the time to wade through 70 pages.

When in 'messaging' since updating to 2.2 it shows home #, fax #, office #, mobile #, etc... before it would only show mobile. Is this a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing?

Back