~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

I was directed to this thread by a closed one, but after going through 10 pages I dont see this issue... really dont have the time to wade through 70 pages.

When in 'messaging' since updating to 2.2 it shows home #, fax #, office #, mobile #, etc... before it would only show mobile. Is this a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing?

I agree, it use to show only mobil numbers for text.

But I don't understand how this is an issue. You just select the mobil number and text.

You don't understand how it is an issue? Perhaps you like taking a step backwards instead of forward. If someone has an office phone, a home phone, a cell phone and a fax, you have 4 #s. total pain having to pick the right # every time.

it worked great before, why change it? at least provide an option to show only cell #s
To a few it's a pain, to most it doesn't matter, to those who decided that maybe someone wanted a way to text more than one cell phone at a time in case some moron doesn't know how to set listings to mobile since the default is home it's a good feature, and to whomever's left it's a good idea.

Try a different MMS app. That's what the Market is for. That's the nice thing about Android. If you don't like it, there's some way to change it.

Try a different MMS app. That's what the Market is for. That's the nice thing about Android. If you don't like it, there's some way to change it.

I know that handcent allows for dispalying only mobile numbers. Not sure about chompsms ior any of the others.

I was directed to this thread by a closed one, but after going through 10 pages I dont see this issue... really dont have the time to wade through 70 pages.

When in 'messaging' since updating to 2.2 it shows home #, fax #, office #, mobile #, etc... before it would only show mobile. Is this a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing?

I agree, it use to show only mobil numbers for text.

But I don't understand how this is an issue. You just select the mobil number and text.

You don't understand how it is an issue? Perhaps you like taking a step backwards instead of forward. If someone has an office phone, a home phone, a cell phone and a fax, you have 4 #s. total pain having to pick the right # every time.

it worked great before, why change it? at least provide an option to show only cell #s

You may find this hard to believe but I've seen many people complain because all it did was bring up the mobil number. So for you this may be an inconvenience, for others this is actually a step forward.

So kind of on topic, I don't seem to be having the same redraw issue on the main screen since going to FRG22D. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Would be odd though since they didn't say that was officially fixed in this version. dancedroid

With regard to the statement below: I see no way to customize the blank icons. Does anyone know how to do this? I really like the new car dock screen, but it looks like a waste of space if I can't customize the blank icon tiles.

thanks;
g

Sure. When clicked into the car dock, instead of the curved "bar" with 5 icons, which I really didn't like, you get 6 big icons to press. They are Navigation, Voice Search, Phone, Contacts, Music, and Exit Car Dock. Then you can tap the arrow to go to the second page, which has six more icons. There are icons for Maps, Settings, and Lighting. The Lighting icon lets you pick between Day, Night, and Automatic. There are also 3 blank icons, which I imagine you could customize to launch the app of your choosing (Pandora would be perfect).

I love the fact that they put an Exit icon on it. Makes it easier to get to your main screen without having to back out or press the Home button.
[/QUOTE]

If there's a way to customize the built in car dock it's sure not obvious. I've tried long press on the blank spaces (does nothing) and if there's an option somewhere I haven't found it. I'd also prefer to swap out the music shortcut. The built in app is hopeless for car use; you can't tell it only certain directories.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Since my FRG22D update (Motorola Droid), I've noticed that the "Media" service has been chewing up about 15-20% of my battery usage. Any idea why this is happening? I haven't launched any music or video applications or widgets. I am running LauncherPro and Tasker, but never had this problem pre-FRG22D.

Dialer plays number tones twice and sends bad info

Ever since I installed Froyo, trying to enter a password or number in a menu (such as when entering a password for voice mail) duplicates the number tone and I get "Sorry, that's the incorrect password". If I go off speaker, it only hits the tone once and I can get in.

Frankly I'm not sure whether dial menus like this actually listen to the number tones, but it's frustrating using a phone when I can't check my messages.

What is causing this and how do I fix it? I'm afraid of upgrading to Motorola's official Froyo and still having it happen, as it makes a major function of my phone useless.

Ever since I installed Froyo, trying to enter a password or number in a menu (such as when entering a password for voice mail) duplicates the number tone and I get "Sorry, that's the incorrect password". If I go off speaker, it only hits the tone once and I can get in.

Frankly I'm not sure whether dial menus like this actually listen to the number tones, but it's frustrating using a phone when I can't check my messages.

What is causing this and how do I fix it? I'm afraid of upgrading to Motorola's official Froyo and still having it happen, as it makes a major function of my phone useless.

Well, this is a first I'll say that much. I don't have a solution to this issue at all but one of the reasons I moved you here was maybe somebody else has seen this issue.

What kind of bothers me about your post is you are afraid to go to Motorola's "Official" Froyo. What Froyo are you running and why wouldn't you be running the official. Maybe that's part of the issue.

You've got nothing to lose, if you're rooted I can point you to an Official of FRG01B if you're not rooted we can get you to FRG22. The problem may be in the version you are using.

Since my FRG22D update (Motorola Droid), I've noticed that the "Media" service has been chewing up about 15-20% of my battery usage. Any idea why this is happening? I haven't launched any music or video applications or widgets. I am running LauncherPro and Tasker, but never had this problem pre-FRG22D.

First thing I would do is go look at the media volume in your settings. See if it's up for some reason. FRG22D didn't have a thing to do with media.

If the volume is up lower it down and see if that helps.

home screen taking a while to load.

So I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem but ever since I upgraded to 2.2 (FRG22D) my home screen takes forever to load back up after using an app or my browser. I have a droid 1 and was wondering if it was something with my phone or everyone had this problem. Its pretty annoying cause sometimes I have to press the home button a few times or scroll through the pages to see anything show up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

did you install the OTA 2.2 FRG22D from verizon or the FRG22D/rooted version from a website?

also what launcher are you using? home, adw, launcher pro, helix, gde, openhome?

I got the stock ota version which I manually installed from the site and I'm using the stock launcher. I'm not a big fan of some of the other themes out there. I was mostly wondering if there was a way to speed it up or something.

Are you running a task killer? If so get rid of it. Also get rid of virus protection.

well with the new OTA FRG01B/FRG22D the cpu speed is not set @ 600mhz by default.

you most likely have a rogue app hogging some resources.

go to: settings/applications/manage applications

see what apps are running.

force stop 1 app at time. then press your home key and see if it speeds things up.

if not repeat the steps. also beware of apps like bluetooth and calender storage and com.blah.blah.apk force closing this may have some undesirable effects. so skip those.

I don't have virus protection and I only use system panel to moniter what my phone is doing. I will check what apps are running and if they are hogging up space though.

Back