~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

My boyfriend and I both have Motorola Droids and he has not been able to scroll down on a webpage, mainly Outlook Web Access, while viewing in landscape with his keyboard out (if that makes a difference) since 2.2. I tried on mine to test it and mine will not scroll, either. Is there a setting that changed with 2.2 that would affect scrolling in landscape view?

Also, Flash is not working for either of us. I have read many different solutions that seem to work for others but not me. I have read to install the Adobe app, which I did, I have heard that some people had Flash work automatically, but no luck here.
Manual or OTA-pushed updates? If manual did you use the larger file or the smaller file?

First thing to do if any file but the larger one was used is to install the larger update file manually, see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't, troubleshooting will ensue.

As for Flash, what do you mean it's not working? Are you using the latest leak/official build or an early beta? What testing did you do? Did you install it or just download it to the phone?

Well I gave Verizon a call, and they transfered me to Motorola, then I got transfered to a Tier 2 Motorola rep, who talked to me for about 30 minutes and determined what I was pretty sure I already knew: the SD card is what's causing the issue on my phone. Not just the SD card though, some combination of the SD card and APK files. Right now the phone works perfectly, there are only pictures and music on the card. It worked perfectly yesterday with the same content, but earlier today I put an APK file (for Flash 10.1) on the card and the instant I unplugged it from the computer, it froze. When it restarted, I installed Flash, then tried to open the browser, froze. Restarted, deleted the APK, tried to open browser...froze. Restarted AGAIN (remember the APK was deleted) and tried to open the browser...it worked. I'm thinking perhaps something physically wrong with the SD card is conflicting with the APK file somehow. I called my local Verizon store and they said that I could come in and try downloading an APK on a new card, if it works then they'd replace the card.

I'm on my way out in a few minutes to do just that. I'll let you know how it turns out.

The complaint is about having the same icon on the "desktop" and in the dockbar. Just want's the dockbar to go away (minus the home button). Fairly easy procedure but then again, I am using Launcher Pro. I don't think the stock launcher gives you that much freedom.

In ADW at least and I think Launcher Pro you can drag an icon over the globe or phone. Personally I like having the phone and web available on each screen but to each his own.

My problem is the home screen redraws, why should it be such a big deal, why redraw at all? Can't you not refresh the screen, I mean why would it re-draw?

In ADW at least and I think Launcher Pro you can drag an icon over the globe or phone. Personally I like having the phone and web available on each screen but to each his own.

My problem is the home screen redraws, why should it be such a big deal, why redraw at all? Can't you not refresh the screen, I mean why would it re-draw?

Applications are always redrawing their surfaces. Android is nothing more than an application (yes, an operating system IS an application.) Everytime something on the screen needs to be updated, it redraws the screen. I've had issues with switching between home screens. Maybe I'm beig too gentle on the screen, but with 2.1 I barely had to touch the screen to swipe between home screens, now it might not go the first time and I have to do it again. It's not a big deal, it's still much snappier than the previous updates.

Home button

I just don't like the fact that when you hit 'home', it always takes you to the center home screen now, with v2.2.

With v2.1, it would first take you the the home screen you were on, before opening an app, then hit it again to go to the center home screen. Now, it's always goes to the center home screen no matter what.

I like the 5 screens though, but more reason to have the home button set up like v2.1.

Perhaps this is a setting I haven't seen yet?

I was directed to this thread by a closed one, but after going through 10 pages I dont see this issue... really dont have the time to wade through 70 pages.

When in 'messaging' since updating to 2.2 it shows home #, fax #, office #, mobile #, etc... before it would only show mobile. Is this a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing?

I agree, it use to show only mobil numbers for text.

But I don't understand how this is an issue. You just select the mobil number and text.

I just don't like the fact that when you hit 'home', it always takes you to the center home screen now, with v2.2.

With v2.1, it would first take you the the home screen you were on, before opening an app, then hit it again to go to the center home screen. Now, it's always goes to the center home screen no matter what.

I like the 5 screens though, but more reason to have the home button set up like v2.1.

Install ADW Launcher from the market. You can change the behavior of every single thing about the launcher you could want, and then some. If you can't, e-mail the dev and see if he'll fix it so you can with an update.

Well I gave Verizon a call, and they transfered me to Motorola, then I got transfered to a Tier 2 Motorola rep, who talked to me for about 30 minutes and determined what I was pretty sure I already knew: the SD card is what's causing the issue on my phone. Not just the SD card though, some combination of the SD card and APK files. Right now the phone works perfectly, there are only pictures and music on the card. It worked perfectly yesterday with the same content, but earlier today I put an APK file (for Flash 10.1) on the card and the instant I unplugged it from the computer, it froze. When it restarted, I installed Flash, then tried to open the browser, froze. Restarted, deleted the APK, tried to open browser...froze. Restarted AGAIN (remember the APK was deleted) and tried to open the browser...it worked. I'm thinking perhaps something physically wrong with the SD card is conflicting with the APK file somehow. I called my local Verizon store and they said that I could come in and try downloading an APK on a new card, if it works then they'd replace the card.

I'm on my way out in a few minutes to do just that. I'll let you know how it turns out.
-If it helps you at all I installed Flash (right after my OTA upgrade to 2.2) via the online file. Then I moved Flash (and Google Earth and a few other programs) to my SD using the "adb shell
pm setInstallLocation 2" trick. Nothing bad has happened and all of them function great. Only difference I can see is that I initially installed Flash to the phone, then moved it after it was unplugged from my PC.

An update on the steps I went through to recover from the OTA "upgrade."

I did a full install with the 78MB 2.2. That cleared most of the sluggishness, but didn't correct the battery life. Yesterday I did a factory reset. Now after 12 hours, I'm sitting at about 60% which is what it was before the OTA upgrade. So all seems to be well so far. But boy, that was a messy upgrade.

Manually installed the OTA FRG22D upgrade tonight and now I can't get email to connect to my exchange server account. I was having issues so I removed the account and now, whenever I try to add my exchange server account the email app force closes at the "checking incoming server settings" part of the account setup.

Anyone else having this issue or find a workaround?? I cleared cache and data for the email app and formatted cache from recovery but those did not help. About to try a full data/cache wipe but don't want to go through the pain if there is another workaround or that is known to not work. Any ideas anyone??

Manually installed the OTA FRG22D upgrade tonight and now I can't get email to connect to my exchange server account. I was having issues so I removed the account and now, whenever I try to add my exchange server account the email app force closes at the "checking incoming server settings" part of the account setup.

Anyone else having this issue or find a workaround?? I cleared cache and data for the email app and formatted cache from recovery but those did not help. About to try a full data/cache wipe but don't want to go through the pain if there is another workaround or that is known to not work. Any ideas anyone??
Since this is the FRG01B thread, I don't think many people would be able to help. I don't do e-mail on my phone much, and I don't do anything with Exchange, so I'm not able to help directly, but if you haven't already, please post it either in a new thread, an official trouble/bug thread for FRG22D, or on the rollout thread directly. Good luck.

Install ADW Launcher from the market. You can change the behavior of every single thing about the launcher you could want, and then some. If you can't, e-mail the dev and see if he'll fix it so you can with an update.

That's odd, I get the screen I was on last every time I open it back up; it only goes to the center home screen when I reboot. I'm not using a launcher, but I am rooted; I'm not sure whether that has anything to do with it. I don't remember whether it did that before rooting or not.

What I do like is you can hit the little dots to go back and forth instead of swipe, or hold them for a second and it shows all your screens as small icons; same with the app button.

Ok, so hopefully this is my final update. I went to the Verizon store and after arguing with the...gentleman, behind the counter, I managed to get my SD card replaced. One of them (the one I talked to on the phone) said that I could come in and they'd replace it no problem, the one I talked to when I went in the store told me I needed to call "scandisk" (I hate it when people call it that...there is NO C! It's SanDisk!) Well, I was sick of being on the phone with all manner of tech support, so I told him what the guy on the phone told me, that I could have it replaced since it came with the phone.

Anywho, he replaced it and to test it, I downloaded the APK file for Flash 10.1. I let it sit there for a few minutes, restarted the phone, everything was smooth as butter, so hopefully everything is worked out. The guy that replaced the card asked if everything was working and I said that I needed some wood to knock on because so far, everything was good. He didn't laugh, but the new trainee girl did.

At any rate, knock on wood, it hasn't frozen yet. I haven't tried putting any more APK files on the card, and I just deleted the flash one (I'm waiting to get it through official means, with the FRG22D update.) I guess I'm scared that it won't work if I put any more APK's on the card :/

Car Dock Screen - Empty Icon Spaces on Screen 2

With regard to the statement below: I see no way to customize the blank icons. Does anyone know how to do this? I really like the new car dock screen, but it looks like a waste of space if I can't customize the blank icon tiles.

thanks;
g

Sure. When clicked into the car dock, instead of the curved "bar" with 5 icons, which I really didn't like, you get 6 big icons to press. They are Navigation, Voice Search, Phone, Contacts, Music, and Exit Car Dock. Then you can tap the arrow to go to the second page, which has six more icons. There are icons for Maps, Settings, and Lighting. The Lighting icon lets you pick between Day, Night, and Automatic. There are also 3 blank icons, which I imagine you could customize to launch the app of your choosing (Pandora would be perfect).

I love the fact that they put an Exit icon on it. Makes it easier to get to your main screen without having to back out or press the Home button.[/QUOTE]

I was directed to this thread by a closed one, but after going through 10 pages I dont see this issue... really dont have the time to wade through 70 pages.

When in 'messaging' since updating to 2.2 it shows home #, fax #, office #, mobile #, etc... before it would only show mobile. Is this a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing?

I agree, it use to show only mobil numbers for text.

But I don't understand how this is an issue. You just select the mobil number and text.

You don't understand how it is an issue? Perhaps you like taking a step backwards instead of forward. If someone has an office phone, a home phone, a cell phone and a fax, you have 4 #s. total pain having to pick the right # every time.

it worked great before, why change it? at least provide an option to show only cell #s

Back