~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

2.2 & picture size

I just noticed that there is not a menu to set the picture size for the camera with 2.2.......is it hiding somewhere I can't find?

You're right, there isn't. I didn't notice that. It does default to the maximum size at least.

EDIT: Nevermind, thanks aminaked for the tip.

Can't .wav

I have Vonage for my home phone and when I get voicemail it sends an email with a .wav attachment to my gmail account. Pre 2.2 I had no problems now it tells me that it doesn't support that type of file. Suggestions??

I have Vonage for my home phone and when I get voicemail it sends an email with a .wav attachment to my gmail account. Pre 2.2 I had no problems now it tells me that it doesn't support that type of file. Suggestions??

Call your Vonage Voicemail number and get your message. I don't know why this has happened but you are not the first person to mention this.

Here's a thread in a Motorola discussion talking about this issue:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/210265

Last edited:
not really what I wanted

Yeah I know I can do that, however, opening an email and listening to a .wav was lots easier. Kind of wanted to keep that available if possible.

Yeah I know I can do that, however, opening an email and listening to a .wav was lots easier. Kind of wanted to keep that available if possible.

I use Vonage too, and I hear what your saying. I have no idea why .wav files won't play.

From what I'm reading it may be only certain types of .wav files. But I'm not certain. How can there be a "type" of wav file.

Problems With New Mandatory Upgrade

As a lot of us did, I woke up to the mandatory upgrade and of course did it. Some things I like. Some I'll have to get used to. Some things I hate and hope can be fixed. I too liked to be able to use the volume button from LOUD down to VIBRATE then SILENT. They should bring that back. It was a poor idea to change it, however I did as a moderator suggested and set it to "Vibrate only when not in silent mode" which will keep it from vibrating when I'm sleeping but sucks when I'm working and want it only to vibrate. Now I have to have it on the lowest volume setting in which it vibrates but still plays a sound. Very irritating. Here's some other things that have taken place since this upgrade:

1) From the UNLOCK screen it takes my phone sometimes 3 seconds to load the "Home" screen and as well this happens after viewing an app or my pictures. What's up with THAT?
2) I use Handscent for texting because the Droid app sucks. Now i can't upload MMS from Handscent as it just downloads forever.. have to go to the Droid app just to download a picture.

There are some other issues and I'm finding more as I use this new Mandatory Download but wanted to see if anyone else is having these problems and/or has some suggestions.. Thanks..

So I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem but ever since I upgraded to 2.2 (FRG22D) my home screen takes forever to load back up after using an app or my browser. I have a droid 1 and was wondering if it was something with my phone or everyone had this problem. Its pretty annoying cause sometimes I have to press the home button a few times or scroll through the pages to see anything show up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's a fairly common issue. People who use alternative launchers sometimes blame it on whatever launcher they're using but you're not the first person I've read who gets it with stock.
Maybe you should try one of the alternatives, which have settings you can adjust to minimize this issue. I use Launcher Pro, and I've been able to get rid of most of that kind of thing.
Also maybe try a browser with an exit button, like Dolphin or xScope.
HTH

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

So I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem but ever since I upgraded to 2.2 (FRG22D) my home screen takes forever to load back up after using an app or my browser. I have a droid 1 and was wondering if it was something with my phone or everyone had this problem. Its pretty annoying cause sometimes I have to press the home button a few times or scroll through the pages to see anything show up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The exact same thing happens to me and it started when I did a manual upgrade to FRG01B last week. I'm not rooted and all stock. I was using Panda Home and thought that may be the problem, so I removed it, but that didn't help. The only reason I was using Panda was to expand beyond 3 screens, but since 2.2 gives 5 screens, I have no need for Panda anymore.

I haven't done the FRG22D upgrade. I decided to wait for OTA on that one. I was really hoping 22D fixed this problem, but I guess not. I do see many others complaining about this issue.

I tried Panda a while back and didn't care for it. LP is much more configurable.

I have/had the same problem.
I switched from using a live wallpaper, which may use up more resources, to a static one and it is def faster.
I tried using a pic file as a wallpaper and it's slower too.
Unfortunately all of the static wallpapers suck, imo.

Anybody know of downloadable static wallpapers?

Thanks
B

What kind of pic? I can't think why a static pic from gallery would be any different from stock wallpaper.

What kind of pic? I can't think why a static pic from gallery would be any different from stock wallpaper.

It was a pic that I took from the Droid built in camera.
Not sure why it would be dif either but it was slower than one of the stock wallpapers.

B

Maybe because it was a large image. All the static images I use for WP are from the web and small file sizes. Try resizing and see if it helps.

Back