~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

I dislike FRG22D and would like to go back to FRG01B...is there a way of doing this without doing a system reset? I've tried to go in through recovery with both the 40 and 75MB official FRG01B files in the root of my SDCARD (named "update.zip") and updating to those but I get errors when that happens. Any ideas?

Did you create a nandroid back up?

I dislike FRG22D and would like to go back to FRG01B...is there a way of doing this without doing a system reset? I've tried to go in through recovery with both the 40 and 75MB official FRG01B files in the root of my SDCARD (named "update.zip") and updating to those but I get errors when that happens. Any ideas?

No...I'm not rooted...only been using the OTA stuff. Do I need to do a factory reset?

What is it that you dislike about it? It will soon come to all Droid 1's, and without root you will have to move to that release. The correct large file is 78,755KB. Someone else is also having an issue trying to reload FRG01B after installing FRG22D. I know the large file that I loaded over the smaller OTA update will install on FRG01B, as I did that a week ago. I just copied the larger file to the SD card and followed the standard instructions. I just went to FRG22D this afternoon and so far see no reason to want to go back. Again, what is your issue?

Chris

Last edited:

What is it that you dislike about it? It will soon come to all Droid 1's, and without root you will have to move to that release. The correct large file is 78,755KB. Someone else is have an issue trying to reload FRG01B after installing FRG22D. I know the large file that I loaded over the smaller OTA update will install on FRG01B, as I did that a week ago. I just went to FRG22D this afternoon and so far see no reason to want to go back. Again, what is your issue?

Chris

Won't let me access one of my corporate email accounts and is giving me a Force Close when I try to re-add the account. I had zero issues with FRG01B.

No...I'm not rooted...only been using the OTA stuff. Do I need to do a factory reset?

As far as I know, if your still stock, you have to live with what os dealt to you by vzw

Droid seems to be slower now. Camera force closed a few times

As far as I know, if your still stock, you have to live with what os dealt to you by vzw

So you're saying I can't revert back to FRG01d? I'd have to root to go backwards?

It would seem so. I got spooked by some of the posts in another thread and tried to go back via the 78 MB update ; got an error message (assert failed, etc. etc, installation aborted). Phone booted back into FRG22D. There was something about the build date which probably has something to do with FRG22D changing the bootloader.
Now I'm just worried that the aborted install did something to my phone and reading meaning into every little thing. I'm sorry I tried.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Since the 2.2 update, I've been having signal strength problem. My signal keeps dropping to 1x from time to time. This never happened before the update. Anyone has the same problem?

Where does this happen? Everywhere? At you home?

Have you updated your PRL's? *228 option 2. If it's just in one location, I recommend you call Verizon and ask them to to a trouble ticket for you. It could be a tower issue.

No other issues with the upgrade for me. But the phone drops calls now more than ever. I have two conference rooms at work where I have regularly made calls for 6 months. Seems a little strange that I get the updates and now have calls drop regularly from those locations...

I'll try the *228.
/Fingers crossed.

Chris[/quote]Won't let me access one of my corporate email accounts and is giving me a Force Close when I try to re-add the account. I had zero issues with FRG01B.[/QUOTE]

I have the same issue. I installed Improved Email on recommendation from someone else, which is a slightly modified version of the stock email program apparently. Its free, and does work to bypass the FC issue. I'm trying out touchdown though, since I don't like being forced to use a pin instead of a pattern unlock by the activesync policy.

Won't let me access one of my corporate email accounts and is giving me a Force Close when I try to re-add the account. I had zero issues with FRG01B.[/QUOTE]

I have the same issue. I installed Improved Email on recommendation from someone else, which is a slightly modified version of the stock email program apparently. Its free, and does work to bypass the FC issue. I'm trying out touchdown though, since I don't like being forced to use a pin instead of a pattern unlock by the activesync policy.[/QUOTE]
Good luck with that and please let us know if it helps!

And I LOVE the avatar. Fallout FTW!

I have the same issue. I installed Improved Email on recommendation from someone else, which is a slightly modified version of the stock email program apparently. Its free, and does work to bypass the FC issue. I'm trying out touchdown though, since I don't like being forced to use a pin instead of a pattern unlock by the activesync policy.

Tried touchdown because of same FC problem after upgrade to FRG22D. Liked that I only needed the pin for touchdown and not the phone and I liked the fact that HTML formatted email displayed properly. Didn't care for the touchdown ui, the fact that calendar was not integrated with stock or the cost. I can deal with the phone level pin and non-formatted HTML messages for a free alternative to my FC problem.

Good luck with that and please let us know if it helps!

And I LOVE the avatar. Fallout FTW!

Thanks ! I love fallout! and although not the most useful perk, I like animal friend, lol.

Well, so far touchdown seems to work great. I can go back to using my pattern unlock. I also like that it has a self-contained calendar. I didn't really like the mixing business w/ pleasure, and having my work appointments with my personal stuff. The UI isn't bad, its actually pretty good. I would just stick with Improved Email since its free, but I don't like having my ability to use pattern lock taken away, so if one can stomach the price for touchdown, it seems worth it.

Back