Often imitated, never duplicated! Focused 1.8.6

I assume this still uses ADW launcher. If so, will the patch from 1.6 that removes ADW work with 1.8?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Just installed it!
Android version 2.2.1 nowwwwww
I was reading rumors about that version unrooting your Droid, but I guess not?
Also, anyone know the change log from 2.2 to 2.2.1?

Any chance that VZ Nav or Navigon can work with this? Neither would work with 1.6, so I am assuming that's the case for this, too.....
why would u pay for VZW navigator when google navigation is free and at least on my phone works just fine..??

Just installed it!

I'm sure the official OTA from VZW will remove root, and probably cause lots of headaches in the Droid X modding/hacking community.

I assume this still uses ADW launcher. If so, will the patch from 1.6 that removes ADW work with 1.8?

It does indeed.

UNOFFICIAL issues list, and list of patches currently tested with 1.8.6 here:
Unofficial – Known Issues List – Focused 1.8.6 — sephtin.com

Awesome, thanks for the quick response.

I really should be sleeping instead of ditzing about with my phone...

Any chance that VZ Nav or Navigon can work with this? Neither would work with 1.6, so I am assuming that's the case for this, too.....
why would u pay for VZW navigator when google navigation is free and at least on my phone works just fine..??

Maybe because I use GPS daily for my job and Google Maps is missing a lot of new roads? That might have something to do with it.

Just installed it!

I'm sure the official OTA from VZW will remove root, and probably cause lots of headaches in the Droid X modding/hacking community.

To confirm, to udpate to the OTA, it's almost certain that you'll have to reset all files to stock anyway (via .sbf)... It also does a number on limiting what can be changed on the device...
Just my recommendation, give it a week or two once a new OTA comes out, to let the community figure out what you're getting before installing... :p

Black barmod built using 1.8.6 framework as base.

Features:
–Completely based on the Focused 1.8.6 framework.
–Transparent background with droid on bottom right
–Removed credit for the awesomeness of the phone from Verizon Wireless, and placed it where it belongs… to rubiX Focused, updated on both lockscreen and notification drop down.
–Used icons from my previous bar, including my own 30, 50, 70, and 90 % icons. (Battery percents show with 10% increments).
–Removed Rounded corners.

More info, and grab it here:
sephtin’s BlackBar mod for Focused 1.8.6 — sephtin.com

probably a stupid question but, is the only difference between the two versions the rounded corners? only asking because I do prefer the rounded corners ;)

Features:
–Removed credit for the awesomeness of the phone from Verizon Wireless, and placed it where it belongs… to rubiX Focused, updated on both lockscreen and notification drop down.
–Used icons from my previous bar, including my own 30, 50, 70, and 90 % icons. (Battery percents show with 10% increments).

probably a stupid question but, is the only difference between the two versions the rounded corners? only asking because I do prefer the rounded corners ;)

Nah, good question.
If you read the post:

You'll see near the bottom of the post:
"And if you prefer the rounded corners: LINK"

Enjoy!

Features:

Nah, good question.
If you read the post:

Enjoy!
Indeed, I saw that, which is what prompted me to ask the question, haha!:)
I just wanted to be sure that the corners were the only difference between the two versions? (sorry, I am aware I poorly worded my question the first time...)

Nah, good question.
If you read the post:

Enjoy!
I just wanted to be sure that the corners were the only difference between the two versions? (sorry, I am aware I poorly worded my question the first time...)

ONLY difference, is the corners.

Nah, good question.
If you read the post:

Enjoy!

ONLY difference, is the corners.
Very cool! Thankyou!

Just installed..so far so good...however one question...the changelog stated Drod added a 3G hotspot app....not really finding that one? Only thing I see is WiFi tether for root users and that is an app I have had since I rooted my phone or is this the app he added and because I already had it installed it doesnt appear new?

Lock screen isn't centered that how its suppose to be ASOP style? No biggie just noticed it. Seems awesome so far!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back