OTA rolling out!

If that is correct, then it is not the same update that was leaked. The leak did not patch the exploit, it took it away but the exploit was still there.

I would say if anyone that does the ota and cannot root with any root method released then the leaked 5.5.893 does not match the ota.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I will say if myself that if anyone that does the ota and cannot root with any root method released then the leaked 5.5.893 does not match the ota.

well read my post above. i compared the leak vs ota and they are exactly same file size in bytes.

Doing a FC compare between that linked file, and the leaked 5.5.893 that I downloaded a while back... they are the same.

well read my post above. i compared the leak vs ota and they are exactly same file size in bytes.

Doesn't prove anything. Moto could have two different file sets fit within a container of the same size. Im not even saying no one can't root this ota. Just saying if they cannot by any current means then it must be different. Some people although claim they cannot root may not really what they are doing. Just saying is all.

Doesn't prove anything. Moto could have two different file sets fit within a container of the same size. Just comparing the file size alone isnt enough. Im not even saying no one can't root this ota. Just saying if they cannot by any current means then it must be different. Some people although claim they cannot root may not really what they are doing. Just saying is all.

Doesn't prove anything. Moto could have two different file sets fit within a container of the same size. Im not even saying no one can't root this ota. Just saying if they cannot by any current means then it must be different. Some people although claim they cannot root may not really what they are doing. Just saying is all.

way more likely the users that cant root did something wrong. ive been in software business for 10 years, you dont have containers of a same size with different files within. they are teh same file. i don't know why this is even being debated, once a company releases a version of some software, whether leaked or not, its final. it's extremely rare and extremely bad practice to make changes and then release the same build number with different versions floating around.

anyways, im done speculating or debating this. everyone can believe what they want :)

Last edited:
Could someone who Is already rooted recieve the ota use voodoo ota root keeper to keep root?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Last edited:
i haven't done a full diff, but i compared the filesizes of this (the official OTA) to the leaked 5.5.893 update from the web and they are identical in filesize in bytes. to be identical down to the byte is pretty impossible unless they are identical. unless the lnk provided above was the leak too, and not official ota

Can you compare the md 5 sums of the 2? There is an md 5 checker in the market

Flashed leaked 57893. Went back to stock, OTA installed fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Amshere, in your opinion after going back and installing the update, which do u prefer and why?

Flashed leaked 57893. Went back to stock, OTA installed fine.

You're the only one I've seen who says they've done this successfully, seeing as how it's supposed to be impossible to go back to complete stock after you go to that certain leak. What were the steps you took?

kenny died23: I used R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1 to back to stock.. chose option 4 (return to stock and no root).

MrToneBonez: The HIFT3R V2.3 (BLURRY ZOOM was faster and very smooth..really enjoyed it.. Probably will go back after testing OTA.

Ok thanks alot for the insight

Back