[ROM] Lithium Mod - Source built awesomeness! Themes galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 i don't think the slider fix is the issue. i agree that it sounds like a kernel issue. you may want to try a different kernel (the same kernel will work differently on individual droids). as chewy said, you may want to ramp up your min settings in sleep mode. also, you may want to try messing with the sampling rate and up threshold in the advanced settings of cpu - i think that might play a part, too. check out the thread "overclocking 101" - VERY detailed (largely over my head), but if memory serves it has some discussion in there about settings for this type of issue.

i dont think its the slider fix thats the problem. the slider fix is just the stock Phone.apk and should work fine with all themes...

is your phone coming out of sleep mode when you answer the phone when this happens? if you have setcpu, try setting the min to 500 mhz for your sleep profile.

Today I started having problems answering my phone. phone rings, slider pops up, go to slide to answer and nothing. slide after slide and nothing. have to turn screen off then back on and then slide to answer works. flashing back to lithium stock and without slider fix to see if that solves it. have been having problems since installing slider fix. Has anyone else had this problem?

Just restore your phone back to a known working point, and then make backups in between each single modification you make so that you can pin it down to what is causing the problem. Then when the problem comes back you can restore it back to the state it was in right before the problem came out. Unfortunately, when you choose to run beta software as we all did, we are the beta testers, so we don't know if your problem is caused by Li-Mod or from your kernel, or baseband version, or some app you have installed, so you have to pin it down to some precise cause. Until you do that, you're just piss'n in the wind. That's why I always preach to leave a bread crumb trail (make frequent backups) to make troubleshooting these kinds of issues fast.

Good luck!

+1 i don't think the slider fix is the issue. i agree that it sounds like a kernel issue. you may want to try a different kernel (the same kernel will work differently on individual droids). as chewy said, you may want to ramp up your min settings in sleep mode. also, you may want to try messing with the sampling rate and up threshold in the advanced settings of cpu - i think that might play a part, too. check out the thread "overclocking 101" - VERY detailed (largely over my head), but if memory serves it has some discussion in there about settings for this type of issue.

i dont think its the slider fix thats the problem. the slider fix is just the stock Phone.apk and should work fine with all themes...

is your phone coming out of sleep mode when you answer the phone when this happens? if you have setcpu, try setting the min to 500 mhz for your sleep profile.

Today I started having problems answering my phone. phone rings, slider pops up, go to slide to answer and nothing. slide after slide and nothing. have to turn screen off then back on and then slide to answer works. flashing back to lithium stock and without slider fix to see if that solves it. have been having problems since installing slider fix. Has anyone else had this problem?

You may be right, it might not be the fix. I did not have the problem prior to the fix. I was running P3's 1.2GHz kernal set to 800 max and 400 sleep. My phone definatly is picky abouts its kernals. For what ever reason it does not play nice with chevy's work but seams to do well with all of P3's. I went back to Li stock and reinstalled my old black glass theme. My kernal is back to stock and no slider issues today. Going to install my old kernal and see what happens with that.

you may want to give slayher's kernels a try, as well. i just installed one several days ago, and it is running WAAAAAAYYY smooth on my phone! certainly not the be all and end all of tests, but i'm consistently getting 50-75 "points" higher in Quadrant. slayher is in ROM Mgr, and GirLuvsDroid posted a link for them somewhere...

[
You may be right, it might not be the fix. I did not have the problem prior to the fix. I was running P3's 1.2GHz kernal set to 800 max and 400 sleep. My phone definatly is picky abouts its kernals. For what ever reason it does not play nice with chevy's work but seams to do well with all of P3's. I went back to Li stock and reinstalled my old black glass theme. My kernal is back to stock and no slider issues today. Going to install my old kernal and see what happens with that.

You may want to try a jdlfg kernel ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...hium-mod-kernels-official-kernel-lithmod.html )

...since these are built especially for Lithium Mod ROMs. I was a diehard P3Droid kernel user since Chevy's never worked right for me, but recently I switched to the jdlfg one and it runs way cooler than P3Droid, and also is very snappy and fast. I run the 1000mHz one right now. WiFi tether and WiFi client adapter mode also both work fine

I can second using the slayher kernels. I put the 1 ghz kernel on my phone last night and my phone is way snappier now. Make sure to set this kernel to the new interactive governor in SetCpu. I previously came from the chevy ulv 1 ghz kernel but the slayher one is running so much better without lag on my phone.

Well I tried a slayer kernal and ran quadrent and got a 1354 and then I loaded a jdfg kernal and got like 200 pts more. The slayer kernal does run cooler but don't have the speed the Jeff does. Both kernals were at 1.2 ghz.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

BY

Can anybody who's using a Slayher kernel confirm that the compcache feature does in fact work on a non-Cyanogen ROM? I went over to the C-mod forum and read the whole thread on the Slayher kernel and it appears it should work if you follow the procedure to make the service start by putting an executable script in the /etc/init.d folder.

If it is working you should be able to check it's status by typing:

/system/bin/compcache status ...you can also do that command with 'start'
and 'stop' in addition to 'status'.

I'm going off memory here on that above command since I'm not looking at that other thread at the moment.

But I guess compcache is supposed to compress the cache but at a very high speed and thus allow for more memory space so large apps won't get flushed out of memory so easily.

EDIT: Li-Mod doesn't even have the traditional Linux /etc/init.d folder so I wouldn't even know where to put startup scripts in this ROM anyway. Any ideas anyone? I kinda wanna try this compcache feature.

Last edited:
Boot Loop?!?!

Flashed it using SPRecovery, and it keeps looping at the Droid Boot animation. I assume it it stuck int he bootloop? Any Suggestions?

Flashed it using SPRecovery, and it keeps looping at the Droid Boot animation. I assume it it stuck int he bootloop? Any Suggestions?

Wipe/factory reset the phone. Then try your installation again

Reboot after wipe before install?

Or Wipe/Factory reset then right into installation?

**EDIT**

Worked great. Thanks!

Last edited:
Moved here from BB. Tried a few other ROMs in the interim but none worked as well for me as LithiumMod.

I know this has been asked many times already, but I just haven't seen an answer yet....are there going to be some themed updates created to theme the clock and notifications? Having the pretty pink clock and notifications was one of my favorite things on Kangerade :)

Well I tried a slayer kernal and ran quadrent and got a 1354 and then I loaded a jdfg kernal and got like 200 pts more. The slayer kernal does run cooler but don't have the speed the Jeff does. Both kernals were at 1.2 ghz.

I agree with in regard to the jdfg kernals. I loaded the 1.2 ghz and scored over 1400 in quadrant. FYI, went from BB to Chevy's SS v4.7 (SuperSlow) Spent all night and first half of today trying to get Chevy's working and no go. Loaded up Lithium, installed the kernals and Lithium is running nice

61caca9c-e085-626d.jpg

Yeah, I also can't tell you how much I love this ROM. Flashed LM with Gala theme and (I think) P3 Kernel 1.2 (running at 1ghz w/ a couple profiles). Also using Launcher Pro plus. My battery life is the best it has ever been, my phone is the snappiest it has ever been, and it also looks really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back