[ROM] Lithium Mod - Source built awesomeness! Themes galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just flashed LM w/ the Gala S theme this weekend (was on JRummy's remix). Loving Froyo and the rom so far. My only complaint at the moment is that for some reason using the volume button, I can't lower the volume all the way down to silent. It stops at vibrate. You can obviously work around this with widgets, but I'm wondering if there's something in the settings that will let me silence the phone using the volume rocker. Is this maybe something wrong with the Gala theme or with LM in general?

I just wanted to add in a quick update about kernels with this ROM. I had typically been a P3droid user since I always seemed to have issues with ChevyNo1 kernels like boot-loops and such. I never could get his ULV or his LV kernels to even work at all, but his MV kernel seemed to work ok. Please note that I always would try an 800mHz or a 1000mHz kernel in all my experiments.

So usually, I always wound up back to P3droid kernels since they always ran very stable on my particular Droid.

But about a week ago, I switched over to the jdlfg kernel which supposedly was purposely built for Lithium Mod ROM. Well I don't have a super lot to say about it except that the biggest difference I have noted is that it runs A LOT cooler now. The difference is significant. Of course, it also runs very stable, and it runs nice and fast as well, but wow does it run cooler. It does seem like the battery lasts a little longer between charges now too which is always welcome. So I just thought I'd add that into the mix.
If we were in grade school, I'd just respond "same." I too loaded the jglfg kernel, the 1200MHz, and wow. Stable as a nutsack. I had some weird issue with using navigation while it was hot out.. after about 55 minutes the phone was acting goofy, and I had to reboot it. I throttled it back to 1100MHz in SetCPU and it's SOLID. Highly Recommended. +1.

Just flashed LM w/ the Gala S theme this weekend (was on JRummy's remix). Loving Froyo and the rom so far. My only complaint at the moment is that for some reason using the volume button, I can't lower the volume all the way down to silent. It stops at vibrate. You can obviously work around this with widgets, but I'm wondering if there's something in the settings that will let me silence the phone using the volume rocker. Is this maybe something wrong with the Gala theme or with LM in general?

I don't believe it's the mod, but something that Google changed in Froyo. I didn't have that issue in 2.1. You can have the volume rocker go down to silent, or vibrate, but no longer BOTH. See Settings -> Sound -> Vibrate and see the options.

Hey guys, I think I have my first issue with Lith on m wife's phone. Flashed Pink Life themed 1.0.12 onto her previously stock phone earlier today. Wiped Data & Cache. Flashed up the kernels, restored backed up SMS/MMS. Everything's working perfectly!

The only issue that I'm having is related to the Google Calendar widget. On my phone (Bluberry Theme) it's got a translucent black background w/ a opaque black bar along the top. The calendar information is then printed on top of that with a White font.

On the Pink Life theme, the font is black. So it's black on black. See my attached screenshots. Shouldn't this font be pink?

So, I'm looking for the process to change the calendar widget font to Pink, White, or go completely back to stock. I was thinking I could replace the /system/Calendar.apk (if that's what the file is..) and replace it with one from the stock image..

Thoughts?
plife01.png

plife02.png

Wanted to bump this 'post', because I've been unable to solve it. I think the best solution is to make the text white, then it will look just like the blue ROM running on my phone. I did try copying over the /system/app/Calendar.apk & /system/app/CalendarProvider.apk files from my blue themed phone to hers, but this didn't work, no matter which way I tried. Then I imported the PINK .png file into the Blue's Calendar.apk, still didn't work. When I tried these approaches, the Calendar app no longer appears in the app drawer.

Does anyone know how to change this font on the calendar widget? My wife is loosing patience and has been talking about going back to stock because she can't track her appointments w/o opening the calendar. Any help you can provide would be appreciated (e.g. How to change the widget colors, how one goes about replacing a system app w/o causing it to NOT show up in the app drawer after reboot, etc..)

Try and pm the theme dev, its been so long since I've done a theme so I don't remember where to change that font color. I'm betting its an xml edit in the calendar.apk but that's just my guess.

Been comparing the two Calendar.apk(s) from my and her phone.. I can't seem to find any settings for that. I'm totally open to getting my hands dirty digging through .xmls, but I just don't know where to begin... I don't see it in the Calendar.apk file. Anyone else? Lithmod Team? JRummy?

Wanted to bump this 'post', because I've been unable to solve it. I think the best solution is to make the text white, then it will look just like the blue ROM running on my phone. I did try copying over the /system/app/Calendar.apk & /system/app/CalendarProvider.apk files from my blue themed phone to hers, but this didn't work, no matter which way I tried. Then I imported the PINK .png file into the Blue's Calendar.apk, still didn't work. When I tried these approaches, the Calendar app no longer appears in the app drawer.

Does anyone know how to change this font on the calendar widget? My wife is loosing patience and has been talking about going back to stock because she can't track her appointments w/o opening the calendar. Any help you can provide would be appreciated (e.g. How to change the widget colors, how one goes about replacing a system app w/o causing it to NOT show up in the app drawer after reboot, etc..)

Try and pm the theme dev, its been so long since I've done a theme so I don't remember where to change that font color. I'm betting its an xml edit in the calendar.apk but that's just my guess.

Been comparing the two Calendar.apk(s) from my and her phone.. I can't seem to find any settings for that. I'm totally open to getting my hands dirty digging through .xmls, but I just don't know where to begin... I don't see it in the Calendar.apk file. Anyone else? Lithmod Team? JRummy?

The color for text on the calendar widget is in calendarprovider.apk in /system/app. When I port all the themes I make a theme template with all the xml's pre-done and realized I missed this one for some themes. I know the "collission" theme has white text for the calendar widget. You can pull the calerndarprovider.apk from that theme/rom, place it on the root of her sdcard and in terminal

su
sysrw
cp -f /sdcard/calendarprovider.apk /system/app
sysro

For pink text you will have to decompile the app and change the hex color in values/colors.xml for jrummy_widget to a pink hex color. Ok, hope this helps.

Hey thanks for that tip JRum

I can confirm that the CalendarProvider.apk from Collision theme has white fonts and is readable after installing it on my Lime Green themed ROM.

Thanks again

"just when i think i'm out; they pull me back in!" :)

[
The color for text on the calendar widget is in calendarprovider.apk in /system/app. When I port all the themes I make a theme template with all the xml's pre-done and realized I missed this one for some themes. I know the "collission" theme has white text for the calendar widget. You can pull the calerndarprovider.apk from that theme/rom, place it on the root of her sdcard and in terminal

su
sysrw
sysro

For pink text you will have to decompile the app and change the hex color in values/colors.xml for jrummy_widget to a pink hex color. Ok, hope this helps.

How can I get the "turn over to silence ringer" option for the collision theme? It seems to be in some themes and not all of them. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Your ROM runs faster (specifically transitions) than any other ROM I've tried, and I don't even know what kernel you're using. What exactly are you doing differently than everybody else?

Today I started having problems answering my phone. phone rings, slider pops up, go to slide to answer and nothing. slide after slide and nothing. have to turn screen off then back on and then slide to answer works. flashing back to lithium stock and without slider fix to see if that solves it. have been having problems since installing slider fix. Has anyone else had this problem?

I love it! Runs super cool with jdLfg's kernels, the huge database of themes is amazing, and I just love it in general! I hope you continue to make this work!

Sent from my REVOlutionized LithiumDroid

su
sysrw
sysro

Let me begin by again expressing my gratitude to the Lithmod dev team, and especially JRummy. His help with this task goes far beyond this forum post to the land of both Twitter & IRC. Thanks for not only pointing me in the right direction, but also jumping into IRC to almost hand hold me. Wow. The day after you resign from the scene. Amazing. <3

Ok. So the very loose run down to mod the stock Android calendar widget is as follows:

1. Adb pull/copy the /system/app/CalendarProvider.apk to your computer.
2. Decompile it. (with this script: APK Manager v4.x)
3. Change the color hex values in res/values/colors.xml to reflect what you want.
4. Compile it, then Sign it with the script from step 2.
5. Rename the output file in place-apk-here-for-modding from repackaged-signed.apk to CalendarProvider.apk
6. Copy it back to /system/app as per JRummy's instructions above.
7. Reboot/Re-add Calendar widget that has your new colors.

Now, that said, if you're running PinkLife, or for any other reason have a black-on-black widget, AND you'd like to roll pink text on the widget, then you can download the already modified CalendarProvider.apk below. I had to zip it so that the forum would allow me to attach it.

Now, while this may not be the final colors I stay with, this was my first attempt (which is in that attached .apk) and I think looks pretty dope:
plife03.png
plife04.png

i dont think its the slider fix thats the problem. the slider fix is just the stock Phone.apk and should work fine with all themes...

is your phone coming out of sleep mode when you answer the phone when this happens? if you have setcpu, try setting the min to 500 mhz for your sleep profile.

Today I started having problems answering my phone. phone rings, slider pops up, go to slide to answer and nothing. slide after slide and nothing. have to turn screen off then back on and then slide to answer works. flashing back to lithium stock and without slider fix to see if that solves it. have been having problems since installing slider fix. Has anyone else had this problem?

i dont think its the slider fix thats the problem. the slider fix is just the stock Phone.apk and should work fine with all themes...

is your phone coming out of sleep mode when you answer the phone when this happens? if you have setcpu, try setting the min to 500 mhz for your sleep profile.

I had this exact problem, and it wouldnt slide, so I missed a very important call. I had to reflash back to Lithium Mod stock and then reflash all the stuff I had before (kernels, themes, fonts, SU 2.3, etc). Please work on this so-called "fix". And anyways, it doesnt matter whether or not I use another dialer fix, it doesnt matter as long as I can actually awnser my calls.

Just wanted to pop in and say a friend of mine has this EXACT same problem, with the sliding issue.. And he's never rooted or runa rom in his life.. Total stock Droid, same problem. Just throwing that out there.

Also, for me and most others, the slider fix worked fine... I have a feeling it may be something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back