[ROM] Lithium Mod - Source built awesomeness! Themes galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 questions: 1. Are you running Absolute System Lithmod Edition from the Market? This has been updated several times since Lithium Mod was released. 2. Are you running Lithium Mod? I know if you try to use Absolute System Lithmod Edition on another ROM, it functions exactly as you state that it is for you.

Also, there are many ways to load boot animations. adb push filename /data/local, use Root Explorer to move the bootanimation.zip from somewhere on the SDCard to /data/local, or even copying it manually using the Terminal Emulator, or an adb shell session. You may get a better answer by Googling to find out how to install a boot animation. Good luck.

Yes I running Lithium with strawberry, It came with absolute installed with the rom. But I have also tryed downloading and installing the one on the market listed as lithmod, with no luck. I cannot update the one that came with the mod it does not show as installed on the market. And I can't uninstall the one that came with the mod.

I will try the manual drag and drop route I guess.

They should install side-by-side.. I manually uninstalled it using the terminal, but canvs2321 suggested that you could uninstall the one that came with the ROM using the one downloaded from the market. I've never tried them both side-by-side personally. You may want to post your issues in the Absolute System Lithmod Edition thread to see if they can assist you with this issue.

How would I manually uninstall it using the terminal? I'm kinda new at this root thing and am yet to use or even install a terminal.

ö

ScreenShot-3.jpg

What battery app are you using? JW

BatteryLife 1.3.3

ö

Thanks I've been looking all over for a orange battery to match my theme. I was using battery status donation and there wasn't an orange skin. Plus i like the extra info it gives and i bet that's beautiful widgets for the clock.

Got a minor problem that I cant figure out. I have adw launcher and somehow accidently set my right action button to a bookmark instead of the default browser. how do I set it back to open up the default homepage and not a bookmark? I dont see anything in the adw settings or dolphin hd to do this. thanks

Can we get the screenshots link that goes to the XDA page updated? It's used for several (NexTang being one of them) and yet it goes to a page with no screenshots whatsoever

i'm not sure i understand - is your right AB now a bookmark icon/shortcut?? or, is it still the browser icon, but now it just opens to a bookmarked page instead of the homepage??

if it's the former, you just need to press and hold the browser, drag it over the bookmark, and release. if it's the latter, then that's a setting within the browser itself, and not adw...

Got a minor problem that I cant figure out. I have adw launcher and somehow accidently set my right action button to a bookmark instead of the default browser. how do I set it back to open up the default homepage and not a bookmark? I dont see anything in the adw settings or dolphin hd to do this. thanks

I've been running LiMod with Collision Theme...had to reload the p3 kernal I don't think the ones in ROM Manager has the CPU Temp monitoring. Other than that it has been real smooth. Really liking it!

Hey guys, I think I have my first issue with Lith on m wife's phone. Flashed Pink Life themed 1.0.12 onto her previously stock phone earlier today. Wiped Data & Cache. Flashed up the kernels, restored backed up SMS/MMS. Everything's working perfectly!

The only issue that I'm having is related to the Google Calendar widget. On my phone (Bluberry Theme) it's got a translucent black background w/ a opaque black bar along the top. The calendar information is then printed on top of that with a White font.

On the Pink Life theme, the font is black. So it's black on black. See my attached screenshots. Shouldn't this font be pink?

So, I'm looking for the process to change the calendar widget font to Pink, White, or go completely back to stock. I was thinking I could replace the /system/Calendar.apk (if that's what the file is..) and replace it with one from the stock image..

Thoughts?
plife01.png

plife02.png

<BUMP>

Wanted to bump this 'post', because I've been unable to solve it. I think the best solution is to make the text white, then it will look just like the blue ROM running on my phone. I did try copying over the /system/app/Calendar.apk & /system/app/CalendarProvider.apk files from my blue themed phone to hers, but this didn't work, no matter which way I tried. Then I imported the PINK .png file into the Blue's Calendar.apk, still didn't work. When I tried these approaches, the Calendar app no longer appears in the app drawer.

Does anyone know how to change this font on the calendar widget? My wife is loosing patience and has been talking about going back to stock because she can't track her appointments w/o opening the calendar. Any help you can provide would be appreciated (e.g. How to change the widget colors, how one goes about replacing a system app w/o causing it to NOT show up in the app drawer after reboot, etc..)

samsonite801- sorry this is a little off topic but i was reading the signature at the bottom of your post that talks about the home screen lag. well i have that lag and i find it really annoying. when i type what you said to type in terminal emulator, i cant really tell, are there any spaces in between that?

The only spaces are after the echo command and on both sides of the > symbol, none others.

By the way, it's been 2 full days, and it still fixed the lag! I've been hammering this thing with several apps at a time, back and forth, avoiding the home screen for as long as possible, and then finally going back to the home screen, and wahlah, it is right there! It even seems to wake up from long screen-off sessions and home is right there, nice and responsive. I used to have to tweak and tweak after each LauncherPro update to try and get it close, but this toggle by far made the biggest change. I hope it works for others too, as I know many others have been plagued by this problem just as I.

I must refer you to this post I made here: LauncherPro Forum &bull; View topic - Fixed Launcher Pro lag when returning to home screen

...because you should read my thorough instructions. I guess certain brand phones already have a local.prop file in them and I'm not sure if this command I posted will wipe anything that was there before, or simply append to it. So in my other instructions I covered on this a bit. I suppose as a way to test it, a guy could add some other text to this file, and then run this command and see if it appends or wipes it and puts it there. I know my Droid didn't have any such file there to start with though, but if yours did, it would be a good idea to test this, or else just be safe and manually append to it using a test editor. I wish I could've covered all these details in my sig, but they only give you 500 characters to put stuff there, and I have to get this word out there and sig was quick and easy.

Thanks Samsomite. I just did this today and I have noticed a vast improvement. I only had one reload of LP all day versus the dozens I'd normally have.

There are a lot more people running into this issue with the official release of 2.2 out (it seems to be a 2.2 issue since I've heard a lot of complaints from stock users). I hope people find this info and it helps them out. There's nothing more frustrating than having your launcher reload everything each time you go home. I'll make a post on my blog as well.

Well, I'm glad it helped. Just so you know, I still had this same issue when I ran the Jrummy 2.1 ROM as well. But this fix totally cures it. It is so snappy now.

samsonite801- sorry this is a little off topic but i was reading the signature at the bottom of your post that talks about the home screen lag. well i have that lag and i find it really annoying. when i type what you said to type in terminal emulator, i cant really tell, are there any spaces in between that?

The only spaces are after the echo command and on both sides of the > symbol, none others.

By the way, it's been 2 full days, and it still fixed the lag! I've been hammering this thing with several apps at a time, back and forth, avoiding the home screen for as long as possible, and then finally going back to the home screen, and wahlah, it is right there! It even seems to wake up from long screen-off sessions and home is right there, nice and responsive. I used to have to tweak and tweak after each LauncherPro update to try and get it close, but this toggle by far made the biggest change. I hope it works for others too, as I know many others have been plagued by this problem just as I.

I must refer you to this post I made here: LauncherPro Forum &bull; View topic - Fixed Launcher Pro lag when returning to home screen

...because you should read my thorough instructions. I guess certain brand phones already have a local.prop file in them and I'm not sure if this command I posted will wipe anything that was there before, or simply append to it. So in my other instructions I covered on this a bit. I suppose as a way to test it, a guy could add some other text to this file, and then run this command and see if it appends or wipes it and puts it there. I know my Droid didn't have any such file there to start with though, but if yours did, it would be a good idea to test this, or else just be safe and manually append to it using a test editor. I wish I could've covered all these details in my sig, but they only give you 500 characters to put stuff there, and I have to get this word out there and sig was quick and easy.

For the record, using 'echo whatever > filename' will always OVERWRITE whatever is in said filename In Linux command structure (which Busybox is based on), > = replace, >> = append. So doing echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 > /data/local.prop will OVERWRITE anything in /data/local.prop. Doing echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop will APPEND 'ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1' to the existing /data/local.prop file. If the file does not exist, then that command (w/ the >>s) will also create the file.

Hope that helps to understand what the command does. :)

Hey, thanks for clarifying that. I am a moderate Linux user, but not by any means super fluent at it. I mostly just build and configure Linux servers, and I never did learn that trick yet. I just updated my sig to reflect that change.

THANKS

Need some brief input as I haven't been around for awhile as I've been using my Droid X recently.

Anywhoo was going to go back to the Droid for a bit and figured I might as well update it before doing so. Is it suggested to Wipe the device before updating to LithMod? Currently I've got Jrummy's Kangerade 5.0.9 on the device. I'd rather not wipe if I don't have to but no biggie if it is a must. Rather do more work before hand I guess if need be then flash and have issues and have to do it again anyways. So any feedback/input on whether I should just update, or backup, wipe, and then update would be greatly appreciated.Peace

I didn't wipe before I left Kangerade 5.0.9 to this and I have zero issues. Supposedly, if you are already on some 2.2 version and are going to another 2.2 then you don't need to wipe. Just wipe the cache. The brown stains don't seem to hurt anything. They eventually will just fade away.

Need some brief input as I haven't been around for awhile as I've been using my Droid X recently.

Anywhoo was going to go back to the Droid for a bit and figured I might as well update it before doing so. Is it suggested to Wipe the device before updating to LithMod? Currently I've got Jrummy's Kangerade 5.0.9 on the device. I'd rather not wipe if I don't have to but no biggie if it is a must. Rather do more work before hand I guess if need be then flash and have issues and have to do it again anyways. So any feedback/input on whether I should just update, or backup, wipe, and then update would be greatly appreciated.Peace

+1 to Samsonite's comment-no wipe needed-although backups are always recommended.

I just wanted to add in a quick update about kernels with this ROM. I had typically been a P3droid user since I always seemed to have issues with ChevyNo1 kernels like boot-loops and such. I never could get his ULV or his LV kernels to even work at all, but his MV kernel seemed to work ok. Please note that I always would try an 800mHz or a 1000mHz kernel in all my experiments.

So usually, I always wound up back to P3droid kernels since they always ran very stable on my particular Droid.

But about a week ago, I switched over to the jdlfg kernel which supposedly was purposely built for Lithium Mod ROM. Well I don't have a super lot to say about it except that the biggest difference I have noted is that it runs A LOT cooler now. The difference is significant. Of course, it also runs very stable, and it runs nice and fast as well, but wow does it run cooler. It does seem like the battery lasts a little longer between charges now too which is always welcome. So I just thought I'd add that into the mix.

Thanks appreciate the replies. And yes backups are always key no matter what, that is a given. Guess I can now kill some time this evening getting the Droid up to speed now that I have my X finally done' and setup running with Froyo, and a custom lock screen along with customized notification & status bar.

Hey guys, I think I have my first issue with Lith on m wife's phone. Flashed Pink Life themed 1.0.12 onto her previously stock phone earlier today. Wiped Data & Cache. Flashed up the kernels, restored backed up SMS/MMS. Everything's working perfectly!

The only issue that I'm having is related to the Google Calendar widget. On my phone (Bluberry Theme) it's got a translucent black background w/ a opaque black bar along the top. The calendar information is then printed on top of that with a White font.

On the Pink Life theme, the font is black. So it's black on black. See my attached screenshots. Shouldn't this font be pink?

So, I'm looking for the process to change the calendar widget font to Pink, White, or go completely back to stock. I was thinking I could replace the /system/Calendar.apk (if that's what the file is..) and replace it with one from the stock image..

Thoughts?
plife01.png

plife02.png

Wanted to bump this 'post', because I've been unable to solve it. I think the best solution is to make the text white, then it will look just like the blue ROM running on my phone. I did try copying over the /system/app/Calendar.apk & /system/app/CalendarProvider.apk files from my blue themed phone to hers, but this didn't work, no matter which way I tried. Then I imported the PINK .png file into the Blue's Calendar.apk, still didn't work. When I tried these approaches, the Calendar app no longer appears in the app drawer.

Does anyone know how to change this font on the calendar widget? My wife is loosing patience and has been talking about going back to stock because she can't track her appointments w/o opening the calendar. Any help you can provide would be appreciated (e.g. How to change the widget colors, how one goes about replacing a system app w/o causing it to NOT show up in the app drawer after reboot, etc..)

Try and pm the theme dev, its been so long since I've done a theme so I don't remember where to change that font color. I'm betting its an xml edit in the calendar.apk but that's just my guess.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back