[ROM] Lithium Mod - Source built awesomeness! Themes galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been asked many times already, but I just haven't seen an answer yet....are there going to be some themed updates created to theme the clock and notifications? Having the pretty pink clock and notifications was one of my favorite things on Kangerade :)

i have been wondering the same thing as well...i dont think its going to happen though, i think they are working on the next version...Hopefully when the next version comes out, they will have the option to download the clock and notification themes available for download at the same time

lithium mod

I just want to say great work. I can't seem to find any other roms that I would rather use. I was also wondering if there was any way of making a diamond plate or chrome theme. If I was smart enough I would try but who knows what that would lead to lol.

I just wanted to say that I figured out how to get compcache working using Slayher's 1000mHz kernel on an M Droid.

For me, to get this kernel working in the first place I had to also run his WiFi fix zip that he has on the Cyanogen Mod forum thread he has there:

Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum

So download the kernel you want (I used the 1000mHz version 1.6 kernel), and the WiFi fix, and also get the Compcache script (is what he calls it there). Then I used ClockworkMod, so with that you don't have to rename the files, you can run the zip updates directly.

So do the kernel update, then clear the cache (just for good measure) and reboot, and if it loops a few seconds after it loads the home screen, and keeps looping each time you attempt booting, then go back into recovery and run the WiFi fix zip. Now run the Compcache zip you downloaded off that site.

Now it should work and boot and all. Now go into SetCPU and change the setting from 'On Demand' to 'Interactive'.

Compcache still doesn't work yet, nor is it even enabled at this point of the install. To enable it, open a terminal client and follow these instructions:

Type: su and hit enter

Now, do the following:

mountsys (to remount file system to read/writable)

chmod a+x /system/bin/compcache (to make this bin executable)

chmod a+x /system/xbin/rzscontrol (to make this bin executable)

unmountsys

By the way, when you install the compcache zip file, it copies those bins shown above, and it also makes the init.d folder to drop startup scripts into. Also, when that guy did this whole procedure, he didn't have to chmod the bins like I did, but I kept getting 'Permission Denied' until I made them executable, since they weren't bold green like all the other bins were in both /system/bin or system/xbin

EDIT: I just realized the autostart part of this post didn't work for me so I deleted the whole section on making the init.d script. The init.d folder that this compcache zip created is not plugged in to the Linux boot process. I think the zip just put it there because Cyanogen Mod must use init.d but it doesn't work like it would on normal Linux. Compcache will still start manually, but unless I can find the equivalent to an init.d folder in Lithium Mod, then I can't make autostart work on this. So for now, I am using an app called 'Scripter' to make turning it on quick for me, but it is still manual, I need to know more about where to put init.d scripts. Any ideas?

So to manually start compcache without having to reboot, type:

/system/bin/compcache start

...to check status of compcache to see if it is running and view stats:

/system/bin/compcache stats

...to manually stop compcache:

/system/bin/compcache stop

It Works!

Last edited:
I just wanted to say that I figured out how to get compcache working.. [snip]

Hey Bro, nice informative step-by-step. I've read through it, but I'm not sure what it does? What's the advantage to going through all of this manual manipulation of the filessystem to basically port over this 'compcache' script to Lithmod? I'm definetly interested based on you bringing lots of good information to this thread in the past, but what does it do?

Also, is this something we should put on the dev's radar to be added into the jdflg kernels, and to the next Lithmod release?

I just wanted to say that I figured out how to get compcache working.. [snip]

Hey Bro, nice informative step-by-step. I've read through it, but I'm not sure what it does? What's the advantage to going through all of this manual manipulation of the filessystem to basically port over this 'compcache' script to Lithmod? I'm definetly interested based on you bringing lots of good information to this thread in the past, but what does it do?

Also, is this something we should put on the dev's radar to be added into the jdflg kernels, and to the next Lithmod release?

Oh, I would hardly call what I did porting. I was just making those bins executable was all. Did you see I edited my post above too? I realized later that the init.d folder doesn't even work. So it wont autostart. I can start it manually, but if I can't find a hook to run scripts from after boot, then I can't even autostart it. But I do notice that when I use this compcache thing it seems like I have more free memory now (just as I had presumed), because when I really load a lot of crap in, and open a ton of tabs and load a window with an Adobe Flash clip in the browser, it doesn't crash now, because ever since I turned on the feature to lock the home launcher into memory so that the screen doesn't redraw all the time (see my sig), then I had less free memory available (since the Android OS couldn't just terminate the home launcher process to free up memory), and so if I would really load down a high memory application, I could sometimes crash that process, but since installing compcache, I haven't been able to crash the browser yet. So we'll see how it does after hammering on it for another day or 2 and I'll be able to tell you whether this is all just my imagination or whether it's for real.

Here is the description of what it does:

Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum - Page 5

And yes, I believe it would be a beneficial add-on to have it in the jdlfg kernel, and I also think it would be beneficial to have the interactive governor included. Phone is running even cooler now and seems really fast and responsive. I need to use it more and do a quadrant still to be sure, but the temp is a bit cooler. It's been sitting at 86 deg while I was using it a lot, which it would usually be around 92 degree just earlier while in the same room with the same temp and all.

Last edited:
What are you modifying on the kernel for better performance? Yours is still the fastest mod I've used.

Hey is anyone else having problems with the gallery? Its acting up on my wife's droid and mine. Gets all laggy and stops responding, pictures take forever to load,. you know that kind of stuff.

I decided to give this a shot since I've been hearing alot of great things about it. It's running great, but I am also having issues with the gallery. It is very slow to load and also it doesn't show all my folders like downloads, icons etc. It only shows backgrounds, camera, cache and dropbox.

I tried searching but didn't see an answer to this issue.

Thanks!

I just checked on mine, and, yes, I am having a similar issue. All of my pictures are showing up, but I will occasionally get a FC if I try to open a folder that has a lot of images.

I also have one video I shot on the Droid a few ROMs ago, every time I try to play it, I get a FC about 5 seconds in.

The camera takes really blurry pictures. In fact it's not even worth using except for close ups or up to a couple feet away. Anything further than that leads to blur. The camera lens is clean so that's not it. has anyone else had a problem w/ blurry pictures and is there a fix?

edit: I just flashed back to bb 0.4 and the camera is blurry there too

Last edited:
I know this has been asked many times already, but I just haven't seen an answer yet....are there going to be some themed updates created to theme the clock and notifications? Having the pretty pink clock and notifications was one of my favorite things on Kangerade :)

i have been wondering the same thing as well...i dont think its going to happen though, i think they are working on the next version...Hopefully when the next version comes out, they will have the option to download the clock and notification themes available for download at the same time

Has it been mentioned before that they were working on another version? I read in another thread that they won't be supporting this ROM anymore or took a break from supporting this ROM. Is that true or just rumor? I'd have to think it's rumor because I saw jrummy answering questions here not long ago.

Has it been mentioned before that they were working on another version? I read in another thread that they won't be supporting this ROM anymore or took a break from supporting this ROM. Is that true or just rumor? I'd have to think it's rumor because I saw jrummy answering questions here not long ago.

read the FRG22d... thread

Tried installing the Blueberry Flavored one, got stuck on bootloop, had to nandroid restore.

>_>

What should I do? XD.

[That was the first custom ROM I've ever tried installing apart from the rooted 2.2... basic thing.]

EDIT: Nevermind, I tried doing it after wiping data and cache and it works.

Last edited:
I decided to give this a shot since I've been hearing alot of great things about it. It's running great, but I am also having issues with the gallery. It is very slow to load and also it doesn't show all my folders like downloads, icons etc. It only shows backgrounds, camera, cache and dropbox.

I tried searching but didn't see an answer to this issue.

Thanks!

I just checked on mine, and, yes, I am having a similar issue. All of my pictures are showing up, but I will occasionally get a FC if I try to open a folder that has a lot of images.

I also have one video I shot on the Droid a few ROMs ago, every time I try to play it, I get a FC about 5 seconds in.

The camera takes really blurry pictures. In fact it's not even worth using except for close ups or up to a couple feet away. Anything further than that leads to blur. The camera lens is clean so that's not it. has anyone else had a problem w/ blurry pictures and is there a fix?

edit: I just flashed back to bb 0.4 and the camera is blurry there too

I'd flash a total Droid Stock 2.2 ROM, and lose root, and test. If it's still blurry, swap it out in store- you're still within warranty for another month or two at least, or longer depending on when you bought it. If that fixes it, I'd start over with ROMs and see which ones your phone likes.

My camera works perfectly.

I can't get the camera shutter sound to turn off with the allinone script. It's telling me that it's a read-only system file. Can someone help me please? I tried turning God-mode on with allinone and it gave me the same message.

in terminal type
su <enter>
you should now see # then enter
sysrw <enter>

now try the allinone to turn off the camera sound again

I can't get the camera shutter sound to turn off with the allinone script. It's telling me that it's a read-only system file. Can someone help me please? I tried turning God-mode on with allinone and it gave me the same message.

in terminal type
su <enter>
you should now see # then enter
sysrw <enter>

now try the allinone to turn off the camera sound again

Thanks chewy, that did it. Is there a way to turn the boop-boop sound off when focusing?

where can I find the cyan theme? I have searched but haven't had any luck....
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back