[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

Yes.

Swyped from a Droid

After wiping and reinstalling the update.zip, I'm still having the same problems. I have a superuser icon but somehow I don't have root. When I type su in a terminal program, it still tells me Permission Denied.

I'm sure it's been addressed in this thread. I'll look see what I find. Maybe you could look too. It's sounds like you're close.

Swyped from a Droid

Shattered, open the superuser permissions app, and clear out anything that is showing there. Then double check the Settings tab. Make sure that notifications are turned on and notification type is set to "toast". Under the settings tab, scroll to near the bottom and see what version of Superuser and su you have and let us know what it says.

Then try SetCPU again (or typing 'su' in terminal) and this time look for the popup window asking for permission. When it comes up, make sure you check the "always" or "remember" box BEFORE you select allow.

good luck

Shattered, open the superuser permissions app, and clear out anything that is showing there. Then double check the Settings tab. Make sure that notifications are turned on and notification type is set to "toast". Under the settings tab, scroll to near the bottom and see what version of Superuser and su you have and let us know what it says.

Then try SetCPU again (or typing 'su' in terminal) and this time look for the popup window asking for permission. When it comes up, make sure you check the "always" or "remember" box BEFORE you select allow.

good luck

Nothing is showing under superuser permissions, it's just a black screen. There is no settings tab, and the menu hard key does nothing. When SetCPU tries to get permission, there is never any sort of popup. It just gives me a black screen and hangs for about 30 seconds, then tells me it was unable to get permission. Typing su in terminal still gives me "permission denied."

Did u try a fresh download of the update.zip?
Something isn't working on the install.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Agreed.

Hmm. Or try updating the su app in market?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Hmm. Or try updating the su app in market?

When I try to update Superuser from the market (I'm assuming you mean the one by ChainsDD) it gives me an Installation Error: "Package file was not signed correctly." I've installed his "fix" file for this problem, but I still get that error, and it doesn't update/install. Not sure if it matters, but my current superuser icon is the old ninja guy, not the android guy with eyepatch/crossbones I've been seeing.

Last edited:

I re-downloaded the update.zip file from the first post, put it in the root directory again, and wiped/installed it again. Like before, it acted like everything went fine, gave me the "enjoy root" message, and then I rebooted.

I still have the superuser icon as before, and I can open it, but it's just a black screen and there are no settings or menu options visible or that I can access with any combination of buttons. SetCPU still does not work, su in terminal still tells me permission denied.

Is it normal for the superuser app/icon to remain after a wipe? I've never been able to actually uninstall it in the past.

Question....
What is your current setup?? Stock? Never been rooted on this phone? I think I have a theory. Can u give me a history quickly?

And also I think I have a solution. But it may take some steps. Let me know when u have time and i'll get on my pc to help you.

Thanks for sending me here... :)

I'm trying to get through the procedure.

• I'm sure I have the correct RSD Lite v4.6
  • running as administrator
  • I checked the MD5 Hash of the msi... it was, in fact, eb315e028f38b4b3244778782485cd6d

I'm on Step 6 of the "detailed" procedure.

• Right now my phone is at the bootloader...
  • I'm looking at the RSD Lite screen...
  • It shows my model as "SE Flash OMAP3430 MI"...
  • When I search for the sbf file (had to rename it MC1.sbf, and move it to root of C drive), it doesn't fill in the "File Properties" window, but the "Start" button DOES enable...
  • when I click the "start" button, it says "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. (0x7100); phone connected"
  • I've tried clearing the error log files... no help there.
What do I need to do?

It says that immediately?

Could be the connection. Are you connected directly to the PC or a hub?

Connect to PC directly if hub.

I had this error at first try rebooting your computer that fixed it for me...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Back