[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

Both SPRecovery and the Update.zip installed perfectly on my Droid...However, When I went to reboot, my droid is now stuck at the "M" Logo. Any help would be great, Thanks.

Yes I have tried multiple battery pulls, different charges, my battery is fully charged, I've wiped the cache and everything. Is there a different sbf i just flash? or a different update I should install?

But you can get into recovery right?

You did a data/factory reset or just a cache wipe?

if neither of those work, you could try throwing a stock ROM on to make sure its not your phone.

I have flashed it with this file VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf and still sticks at Moto Logo ... I am able to get into recovery, and RSD Lite connects to my phone... I just can't seem to find an .sbf that can fix this. I have also done both wipes of my cache and data/factory reset, nothing seems to work. Could my phone be bricked or something?

Oi.

Were you on 2.2.+ when you flashed this? You are lucky its not causing more issues.

You flashed 2.1 (or 2.0.1) which is bad mkay. Since you have recovery the easiest thing to do is find a stock rooted ROM so at least you can get the thing charging.

Check my "4life" link, you will find a stock rooted ROM. You need to create a new thread if you are having trouble still, as what you flashed is not the procedure here. PM me if you need help also.

Thanks.

BTW by flash I mean in sprecovery.

i get through all these steps fine, and when trying to install the update.zip in SPRecovery i'm getting:

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
E: Can't mount /dev/blockmmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip
Installation aborted.

I hope this isn't a repeat question? Any takers?
Thanks in advance for your help!

i get through all these steps fine, and when trying to install the update.zip in SPRecovery i'm getting:

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
E: Can't mount /dev/blockmmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip
Installation aborted.

I hope this isn't a repeat question? Any takers?
Thanks in advance for your help!

U have to select Allow Update.zip THEN hit install update.zip

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I did allow it first before i tried to install it (tried multiple times). Thats the error code it brings up every time. RSD Lite goes all the way through perfectly to PASS, then in SPRecovery, i get the same code each time.

This is an sdcard issue.

Try pulling the sdcard and re seating it.

Also make sure the cable isn't still attached, it could be unmounting it on reboot since it's still attached to the computer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

guidot, you are my hero :D

totally was the cable i believe. i also reseated the sd card as well for shiggles.

thanks again! you guys are amazing

Nah I'm just a guy. That likes to help.

:)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Oi.

Were you on 2.2.+ when you flashed this? You are lucky its not causing more issues.

You flashed 2.1 (or 2.0.1) which is bad mkay. Since you have recovery the easiest thing to do is find a stock rooted ROM so at least you can get the thing charging.

Check my "4life" link, you will find a stock rooted ROM. You need to create a new thread if you are having trouble still, as what you flashed is not the procedure here. PM me if you need help also.

Thanks.

BTW by flash I mean in sprecovery.

Hi the above statement confuses me. The title of the post is Root Droid 1 regardless of OS version. I have a Droid 1 with 2.2.2 Android without reading all 170+ pages will the process on the first page work for my phone?

Back