[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

Oi.

Were you on 2.2.+ when you flashed this? You are lucky its not causing more issues.

You flashed 2.1 (or 2.0.1) which is bad mkay. Since you have recovery the easiest thing to do is find a stock rooted ROM so at least you can get the thing charging.

Check my "4life" link, you will find a stock rooted ROM. You need to create a new thread if you are having trouble still, as what you flashed is not the procedure here. PM me if you need help also.

Thanks.

BTW by flash I mean in sprecovery.

Hi the above statement confuses me. The title of the post is Root Droid 1 regardless of OS version. I have a Droid 1 with 2.2.2 Android without reading all 170+ pages will the process on the first page work for my phone?

You aren't currently rooted with spr are you?
And yes it will work on 2.2.2 :)
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Just wanted to follow up and say the instructions worked perfectly, I'm rooted and hotspotting. :)

Thanks to all who have contributed...

You double click and it didn't do anything or it's not showing in the start menu?

Can you find the exe file?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i double click it... nothing. I click it from the start menu... nothing. I have the exe file, cause I installed it after extracting it from the RAR using WinRAR. the link to it in the op was dead, so I ggolged it and found this one: RSD Lite 4.6.rar - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

my phone is on the bootloader page. can I unhook it and reboot it as normal and try again later when I get RDS Lite working finally?

Yes.

Sounds like that it not a good file.

Look for user "teddyearp" he has a link to his server in his signature.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i am going through the process of rooting my phone and do not have a root folder on my sd card. am i looking in the wrong place. i see it on my phones mem. but not on the sd card

i am going through the process of rooting my phone and do not have a root folder on my sd card. am i looking in the wrong place. i see it on my phones mem. but not on the sd card

"Root of sd" means not in a folder so, you're not supposed to have a root folder.

^^what he said.

So if a music folder on your SD card looks like this:

SDCard/Music/

The root of your SD card looks like this:

SDCard/

Simply place the file there.

I just rooted my D1 using Motocache's walkthrough. I read through a number of these posts an it answered all my questions(up to post 85ish). I rooted using build FR83G on Windows XP. It went without any issues. Thank You Motocache, furbearingmammal, guidot and teddytearp.

Glad you got it going! We know our stuff (shameless plug :wink: )

I just rooted my D1 using Motocache's walkthrough. I read through a number of these posts an it answered all my questions(up to post 85ish). I rooted using build FR83G on Windows XP. It went without any issues. Thank You Motocache, furbearingmammal, guidot and teddytearp.
Good! And thank you for the plug! Now I'm beamin, lol. :D

Back