[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

Ok so im pretty new to this stuff but i made it all the way to the sbf install. when i hit ïnstall /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated) I get:
--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
E:can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(bad)
installation aborted
i assume the file is just bad but being new at this i dont want to just go find one and have it be something different .

U don't flash a .sbf in recovery. U use RSDLite.

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, from my hTc Thunderbolt

i used rsd lite and sprecovery is running fine it just wont install the update.zip file. which i guess means its not runing fine but it doesnt seem like the sprecovery is the problem it looks like the file. since the last post i have deleted the update.zip file from my phone put the motocache file in renamed it and used rsd lite to flash. and gotten back to the install option on sprecovery and encounted the same problem. sorry if this is a simple fix and im just not doing it right i just cant see the error in my process.

i used rsd lite and sprecovery is running fine it just wont install the update.zip file. which i guess means its not runing fine but it doesnt seem like the sprecovery is the problem it looks like the file. since the last post i have deleted the update.zip file from my phone put the motocache file in renamed it and used rsd lite to flash. and gotten back to the install option on sprecovery and encounted the same problem. sorry if this is a simple fix and im just not doing it right i just cant see the error in my process.

Did you click on Allow before trying to install?

This thread has been Thunder struck!

do you mean click allow when using rsd because i did and ran it as admin. there was no prompt to allow when i was in sprecovery though

can someone just recommend another update file to use to try and use that instead.

do you mean click allow when using rsd because i did and ran it as admin. there was no prompt to allow when i was in sprecovery though

It's in SP. From the main menu, you'll see Install....the next screen it takes you to has an "Allow update.zip installation" option and an "Install update.zip (deprecated (sp?))" option.

yeah i hit the allow i just didnt notice it said allow. i also noticed that the heading i used is wrong sorry for any confusion its not installing the sbf what i need is installing the zip file most of you probably realized that and just ignored the title but sorry if it threw anybody off.

the screen flashes real quick when i hit allow though. i noticed in the walkthrough it says it shouldnt do anything does this mean anything?

No its supposed to flash like that but nothing on the screen changes is what it means.

Which file are you changing to update.zip? MotoCache1 complete root right?

If you would like to download from another server find user "teddyearp" he has a file server in his profile with all kinds of Droid stuffs.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

No its supposed to flash like that but nothing on the screen changes is what it means.

Which file are you changing to update.zip? MotoCache1 complete root right?

If you would like to download from another server find user "teddyearp" he has a file server in his profile with all kinds of Droid stuffs.

+1

yeah thats the one i did but lets just be sure when its in winrar the mototcache1 file has four files: ..., META-INF, scripts, system, honestly this is probably where i went wrong so whats the procedure to put the file on the phone. i know its a noob question but clearly i made a noob mistake some where haha

hey everyone that helped thanks i got it to work there was a problem with the file there were two of them one complete one not its working now and i appreciate all the input thanks a lot and thanks for the walk through great job. i just had one more question i have a friend with a droid x can you recommend a walk through to root that if not its cool i'd rather have my phone rooted and him have to suffer my gloating haha

Plenty of info on that in this forum, but here is not where to ask.

PM me and I'll do it :)

so the problem i have is that i rooted my phone, then i attempted to flash a new ROM. when i did that my phone got stuck on the motorola logo. i had a custom recovery but now when i get to the recovery screen its the stock recovery. how can i fix this problem and get my phone running again?

Back