[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

Did you unzip the file first?

Brandon

You have to unzip a .msi ? ... Crap brb with news..

Edit: From guide: "the file inside the zip is named RSDLite4.6.msi"

..the file i downloaded is the .msi, the program u are supposed to install.

Last edited:
So it just says try again? No other info?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

guidot, you may not be able to see it because of the black text on black background, but in the dialog box (above "try again") it says:

Error attempting to read from the source install database:
C:\\Windows\Installer\1f24e0a.msi

It seems like the file is corrupt or something. I tried to upload my RSD4.6 zip file but it appears this forum isn't compatible with 7z files.

Brandon

Try downloading the file again, or download it from a different source.
If it's a .zip file, then extract the contents and run it again.

Hope that helps-

Question. In RSD I believe it is finding my phone (says SE Flash OMAP under Model) but the problem come with the file name. I navigate to and select the SBF file but RSD does not fill in the file properties and will not let me click start. Any thoughts?

Edit:Found a post on it. Problem solved

Last edited:
Question. In RSD I believe it is finding my phone (says SE Flash OMAP under Model) but the problem come with the file name. I navigate to and select the SBF file but RSD does not fill in the file properties and will not let me click start. Any thoughts?

Edit:Found a post on it. Problem solved

What was the issue?

Okay I am running a rooted droid1 2.2.1, baseband C_01.43.01P, kernel 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5android-build@apa26 #1, build number FRG83D.

The ota update has been coming up all the time wanting me to do an update. I don't want to lose root so I have been ignoring it. Can someone tell me how to make it go away or give me a file to flash to it? I have searched all over and can't seem to find anything. Thanks in advance! Justin

When I follow the link to download RSD Lite 4.6 I am taken to a suspend page. Can you direct me to an active download link? I have searched and found a couple download links, but I'm reluctant to download if I don't know it is from a reliable source. All other links for drivers, etc. worked fine.

If you go up three posts, you will see a signature with the Link: "Droid Files." You will find what you desire there.

Back