[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

Yea sorry guys, I was freakin out for a lil while there. I did slove my problem. I'm curently running gingerbread 2.3 and it pretty awsome. Thanks alot

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Can't get sdcard

I've read through all the steps and I get to the recovery screen but I am not able to get to the sdcard to install update.zip. Everything else up to that step goes well. I've reseated sdcard, i go into recovery only after I disconnect the cable and still no joy. Any ideas?

What do you mean?

When you allow update.zip and install update.zip what happens?

Error code, message, what?

More info please.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I don't have access to the sdcard so it errors saying that it can't mount. Since it can't mount the card, it won't let me get to the file.

Have you tried manually mounting and unmounting in the menu in recovery?

What is the exact error?

Finding Update Package...
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip
Installation aborted

I tried to mount sdcard from menu. It says the card is mounted but I get the same error when I go back to the install menu.

If I remember correctly, in SPRecovery if it says the sdcard is mounted, that means it is mounted as USB storage. Therefore it will not be available to the recovery nor the phone's OS. Go back in SPRecovery and unmount your sdcard and try again.

good luck

Solved I think

This was kinda convoluted but it seemed to work. I got root access using SuperOneClick, installed ROM manager and was able to run the update.zip using the Clockwork recovery menu. Nothing else worked as far as trying to mount/umount etc...

Back