[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

First of all, i want to thank u for this thread and the effort u put into it.

Currently I am having a problem with RSDlite not seeing my droid. I have followed the steps leading towards it exactly.

More on this in my post in thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...6520-new-noob-root-questions.html#post1528481

Also: I am windows 7 32bit. When i rename it to JUST: "update" It changes the file from a zip to unknown due to me having to delete the ".zip" at the end. I hope that is okay?

Thank u for the help. -Pat

You want to make sure it's named update.zip and not update.zip.zip. When you rename it, delete everything but the update.zip part.

Sent by the Unbrickable DROID

I recommend you go back to the first post of this thread and print it out on paper. Then slowly read it and then as you do each step and have success, check it off as done.

It appears from your other thread/post that you did not get the drivers installed correctly.

good luck

I want to give a big thank you to the original poster for this info! I am not to savvy on this stuff and have tried z4root and other one step programs to root my phone and have had no luck but after reading your post and spending a few minutes with my phone I now have a rooted Droid.. I am still not sure why I need it rooted but just wanted to see if I could do it..lol

Thanks again motocache1!

Neil

You want to make sure it's named update.zip and not update.zip.zip. When you rename it, delete everything but the update.zip part.

Sent by the Unbrickable DROID

I have done this the right way

I recommend you go back to the first post of this thread and print it out on paper. Then slowly read it and then as you do each step and have success, check it off as done.

It appears from your other thread/post that you did not get the drivers installed correctly.

good luck

Thank u.. That must be what it is, as I'm doing the instructions to the T!!

This thread is for driver help below
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/148648-correct-droid-drivers.html#post1530740

once again, thank u for this detailed tutorial, once i get past Step 7 in Detailed.. I will be happily rooted.. Hopefully. Thanks!

After I catch the boot, it sends me straight back to the default bootloader screen. Not the triangle reboot on or the sbf one. The one I was in before I started flashing.

Any ideas?

Not entirely sure what you mean. I've started the process over a couple times now. Same result. I'll turn everything off and then just try again fresh, still no luck.

"Catching the boot" means making the phone go back to the bootloader so you get a PASS.

Then when you reboot after you should be holding x+power to get to recovery to apply update.zip.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

No problem. And nice handle. ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

so i did every thing corectly. and it worked but now its loop rebooting and it also says that there is no battery symbol. could sombody please help

Back