[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

Thanks MotoCache! This was an easy fix for the Droid1 I picked up on a great trade... it had the FRG83G update and wasn't friendly with the simply root solutions. It took a lot of reading and reading and uTubing before I jumped off the cliff lol... it was a pretty small cliff. Just flashed CyanogenMod 7.0.3 and am looking forward to some great fun.

Last edited:
My OG droid get's stuck in SPrecovery when I try to do a simple backup..........help? it seizes up@ "dumping system.tar" and maybe 1/16 of the status bar is as far as it gets.

You should create a new thread for this question.

Does the phone work fine otherwise?

Sent from my A855.

Amazing post! Followed and rooted my Droid with ease. Now if only the need to root wasn't because I broke my phone and was backing it up before replacing it... Ah well, Successfully rooted and restored to my Droid X2 so all is well and good!

I cant get rsd lite to open at all. keeps saying "regarding moto driver. please try and pick up the latest version or check the guideline indicated in the corresponding phone software release notes"

this happens no matter what version i download. it will install it on my pc but then when i try and run it thats all i get...

What version of RSDLite?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rsd lite opens for me, im running version 4.6, but i can not get my droid 1 to connect to it from bootloader. bootloader says usb for transfer mode but nothing. i tried running as admin and tried setting in rsd for first come first serve. any other suggestions?
im using on a windows 7 laptop.

Do you have a 64bit OS? Could be drivers are incorrect.
Are you connected directly to the USB port or through a hub?
Do you have motoConnect installed? You can use that to download the correct drivers but should be disabled to flash SBF.

Do you have motoConnect installed? You can use that to download the correct drivers but should be disabled to flash SBF.

yes directly to usb on laptop.
no i have 32 bit windows 7
whats motoconnect?

yes directly to usb on laptop.
no i have 32 bit windows 7
whats motoconnect?

MotoConnect is a program you get directly from Motorola that automatically detects your device and installs the drivers you need.

Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk
Rooted: RZRecovery 2.0.3
ROM: ChevyNo1 SS Gingerbread v5.4
Kernel: ChevyNo1 LV 125-900mhz
Theme: HoneyGingerComb with Matrix Pulldown

hey thanks guys i got it this morning just before work. that program must have did the trick.
question though. i dont like sprecovery. can i make it to where i have rzrecovery as my main one and cwm as the secondary that i can flash if i wanted to through rom manager?
i have a droid1 thats already rooted just got this new one and have to start all over and cant remember.
thanks

You have to disable motoconnect to flash the sbf's? Is that a for sure or does it just go more smoothly if you do?

Pretty sure motoConnect should NOT be in your taskbar for a successful flash AFAIK.

Pretty sure motoConnect should NOT be in your taskbar for a successful flash AFAIK.

That might explain the trouble a friend was having... he was sure he caught the boot etc. But he never could get it to work out. I didn't explicitly install it (I think!)... but it seemed to show up when I installed rsd lite.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Back