[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

That motoconnect worked for me. It installed the drivers and then instantly my phone showed up in rsd lite. I just googled it and it took me to motorola site to download.

ive got an issue. whenever i boot into recovery which is cwm currently it freezes and then reboots by its self. any suggestions?
also when i flashed sprecovery just to be able to flash a zip it tells me sdcard can not be mounted.

Last edited:
Unfortunately that spot has gone down too. Turned it off the other night and fried the c: drive. The files are intact on another drive, just gotta get the os and everything else installed and setup on another c: drive again. Major pain, but if and when, my sig will change again.

Nuts!

Did the RSD Lite update ok.
Reboot holding x.
SPRecovery starts fine (complete with gold Andro in the background).
"Install."
"Allow update.zip Installation"
"Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)"

Begins update, but this is what happens:

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted.

And it stops there. Tried four or five times.

Using 2.2.2, FRG83G.

What now?

I'm using the "MotoCache1_Complete_Root_v1.1-update.zip" file from the first post. I renamed it "update.zip" and placed it in the root for the sdcard.

Okay, scratch that. You apparently have to have an IQ > 12 to do this. I was using a different file. (Downloaded a couple and mixed them up while I was reading up on the process.)

Back