[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

I'm assuming I don't need to unmount my SD card?? Also, do I need to turn USB debugging on? I know you didn't say to do either, but I'm just being thorough before I do this. Also, will this wipe my SD card?

Last edited:
You mean unmount from the PC or the Phone? It should be just a phone when plugged in, NOT mounted as a drive to the PC to use RSDLite.

And it will NOT wipe your SDcard.

Does USB debugging need to be on or off?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I happened to follow this process with usb debugging turned off... and it evidently worked. I know this because Ti backup told me to turn it on or backups couldn't be restored (after I installed it that is).

(well actually it said, backups couldn't be created... you have to turn on the ability to install from unknown sources to restore).

For this process, it doesn't matter whether USB debugging is on or off, it will make no difference. But I always suggested turning it on and leaving it on as it doesn't have any detrimental effects and comes in handy for a variety of functions on and with your phone as the previous poster pointed out.

good luck

I suppose by now you're bored of hearing all the accolades... but thanks, another successful root!!

Posted this many times in this thread and elsewhere, a reminder:

On my Droid 1 after rooting with RDSlite 4.9 and SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf I got No signal, no Battery, and the "Process System is not responding" asking to Force Close or Wait. The phone would reboot itself after about a minute and that would repeat in cycles.

I did a factory reset in Recovery mode (booting with power button + X) and still no go. Then I went through the steps of the activation (skipping the google account) and called *228 which actually said that the phone got activated fine... but still the indicator of signal shows no signal, the battery shows red and the system process crashes asking to force close or wait and the phone reboots each minute... any ideas where I can find info about fixin this problem? I am at wits end as I have been digging all over for more than a day and could not find a fix for it.

Any help/direction to info to solve the problem will be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!

PS: @Teddy if you see a similar post in androidforums.com by the same username, that's me... I postest there first because it was the only place where I saw that a user with a similar problem but different phone DX2 was able to solve the problem... so for me there may be a light at the end of the tunnel that is not an oncoming train. Although I tried (desperation I guess?) the steps suggested in that thread and didn't work for me, I guess because each phones has different methods and key shortcuts.

On my Droid 1 after rooting with RDSlite 4.9 and SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf I got No signal, no Battery, and the "Process System is not responding" asking to Force Close or Wait. The phone would reboot itself after about a minute and that would repeat in cycles.

I would sbf one more time in RSD Lite and see if that fixes your problem. Also try a fresh download of the sbf file.

Tappin' and Talkin' on my OG Droid
Rooted: RZRecovery 2.0.3
ROM: Liquid Gingerbread v2.3
Kernel: ChevyNo1 LV 250-1000mhz

Thanks Trigger... that's what I am trying now. Reflashing with RSDLite 4.6 (if this time it will find the DROID, since 4.6 not finding the phone was the reason why I installed 4.9)... I also found a different update.zip downloaded from a different location, but I am really rolling dices here. I hope lady luck will be smiling graciously at me tonight ;)

Back