rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

Will I be able to use rubix 1.9 (leaked) or is the ota and the leak different?

I suspect you could flash rubiX Focused (Leak) on .340 based on what people are saying, but if I were you I would wait for Drod2169 to say it works before risking anything (see my comment above about whether or not the .320 leak SBF is a reliable means of safety net on .340).

I just ran the system sbf for .340 and (of course made a nandroid) installed rubiX 1.9.0 and am running beautifully. I came from the leak from tbh and decided I was gonna give this a shot. I know a system sbf isn't much to rely on but I get balsy sometimes. Lol. So far no issues

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

just did the same, seems fine.[/QUOTE]

For clarification:
--You were on .320 (kernel and /system)
--Did a /system .sbf, that updated your /system dir to .340, but not your kernel
--Then reloaded Focused, which completely replaces /system... making the /system .sbf null and void...

Nothing big, just pointing that out...

I've seen reports that the leaked version of Focused works fine on .340, which appears to include an updated kernel from .320.

Note: Above assumes that reports that the kernel version changed between .320 to .340 are true...

I suspect you could flash rubiX Focused (Leak) on .340 based on what people are saying, but if I were you I would wait for Drod2169 to say it works before risking anything (see my comment above about whether or not the .320 leak SBF is a reliable means of safety net on .340).

I just ran the system sbf for .340 and (of course made a nandroid) installed rubiX 1.9.0 and am running beautifully. I came from the leak from tbh and decided I was gonna give this a shot. I know a system sbf isn't much to rely on but I get balsy sometimes. Lol. So far no issues

just did the same, seems fine.

[/QUOTE]For clarification:
--Did a /system .sbf, that updated your /system dir to .340, but not your kernel
--Then reloaded Focused, which completely replaces /system... making the /system .sbf null and void...

I've seen reports that the leaked version of Focused works fine on .340, which appears to include an updated kernel from .320.

Note: Above assumes that reports that the kernel version changed between .320 to .340 are true...[/QUOTE]

Oh I see. Sbf for nothing. Lol. Thanks for the clarification. So basically, if I had to, I could flash the full 2.3.320 sbf if I bricked now that im back on rubiX 1.9.0. Back on the leak I guess!

For clarification:

Note: Above assumes that reports that the kernel version changed between .320 to .340 are true...[/QUOTE]

Could I still restore that nandroid to get back to .340 or would I have to flash sbf again?

Could I still restore that nandroid to get back to .340 or would I have to flash sbf again?

Sorry for any confusion.
I'll do my best here.. and know that much of this is still new, so I'm basing this on unconfirmed info... :S

.320 leak consists of lots of parts, but the only two that I know of that are different between .320, and .340 are kernel, and /system directory.
So, if you were on the leak, you had the .320 kernel, and /system partition.

Using the /system only .sbf, you changed the /system partition to .340, but remained on the .320 kernel.

You then replaced the /system partition with Focused. Still on the .320 kernel.

What part of .340 is it that you'd like to be on? /system? (which means no Focused), or kernel (which means you need to find a way back to 2.3.15 to take the OTA, or unless someone has released a full .sbf or update.zip. ?

If you've loaded the leak, unless I've missed something, you've never had the 2.3.340 kernel. ? Someone please clarify/correct me where I'm wrong, if I am.. (??).. thanks!

Last edited:

For clarification:

Note: Above assumes that reports that the kernel version changed between .320 to .340 are true...

Sorry for any confusion.
I'll do my best here.. and know that much of this is still new, so I'm basing this on unconfirmed info... :S

.320 leak consists of lots of parts, but the only two that I know of that are different between .320, and .340 are kernel, and /system directory.
So, if you were on the leak, you had the .320 kernel, and /system partition.

Using the /system only .sbf, you changed the /system partition to .340, but remained on the .320 kernel.

You then replaced the /system partition with Focused. Still on the .320 kernel.

What part of .340 is it that you'd like to be on? /system? (which means no Focused), or kernel (which means you need to find a way back to 2.3.15 to take the OTA, or unless someone has released a full .sbf or update.zip. ?

If you've loaded the leak, unless I've missed something, you've never had the 2.3.340 kernel. ? Someone please clarify/correct me where I'm wrong, if I am.. (??).. thanks![/QUOTE]

It doesn't even matter to me to be on .340. Just wanted to see what all the hype is about. Lol. Im fine just where im at. Now when developers start making roms and themes for .340 I would like to upgrade. Till then my phone runs beautifully. Im happy with the leak that im on and I have a full sbf to go with it

hey guys,
so ima total noob but all i want is a simple black bar mod. i have flyx v0.1 final, which i believe is blurless. my brother said he flashed a different rom, so i think i will need to do that, but where do i start? rubix seems to have the most support, but which do i choose? focused or blurry? i dont really care to have all the blur applications, but whatever is similar to flyx. and when i flash a new rom, what are my black theme options that are fully compatible with rubix?

hey guys,
so ima total noob but all i want is a simple black bar mod. i have flyx v0.1 final, which i believe is blurless. my brother said he flashed a different rom, so i think i will need to do that, but where do i start? rubix seems to have the most support, but which do i choose? focused or blurry? i dont really care to have all the blur applications, but whatever is similar to flyx. and when i flash a new rom, what are my black theme options that are fully compatible with rubix?

Blurry has the Moto Blur stuff still in it.
Focused is pretty much as AOSP (Android Open Source Project) as you are going to get, meaning it looks like stock Android.

as far as the blackbar mod goes, once you install either focused or blurry you can install sephtin's Blackbar Mod and you should be where you want to be.

also, i have to have LCD density changer. i wont go back to the smaller pixel density

hey guys,

Focused is pretty much as AOSP (Android Open Source Project) as you are going to get, meaning it looks like stock Android.

as far as the blackbar mod goes, once you install either focused or blurry you can install sephtin's Blackbar Mod and you should be where you want to be.

so you are focused 1.9 with sephtin's black bar?
so you have no original motorola apps? any problems with anything?

and what does this whole leak/non leak thing mean?

im in no rush, so should i just wait for this final version of the focused that drod is supposedly gonna be finishing after finals?

hey guys,

so you are focused 1.9 with sephtin's black bar?
so you have no original motorola apps? any problems with anything?

yup, focued 1.90 leak version w/ blackbar mod 5.2 (i think)
I don't have any moto apps at all. That's a good and a bad thing because there are some elements of your phone now that are actually Moto and you just don't know it.

3G hotspot
a lot of the widgets
social networking integration to a degree
etc.

So expect if you go with focused that you MAY lose stuff that you don't expect to. That being said though, there are lots of ways of getting that functionality back. For me, i like to strip everything down and be as AOSP as possible and then figure out ways of adding back the few moto features I do actually need by finding other apps that do the same thing.

Keep in mind that drod won't add moto features back to Focused, that's not the point of Focused.

overall i have no problems that I don't cause myself by messing with stuff :D
the Rom is fast as hell

and what does this whole leak/non leak thing mean?

im in no rush, so should i just wait for this final version of the focused that drod is supposedly gonna be finishing after finals?

So a few weeks ago we got a hold of leaked update for the DX, .320
.151 was stock moto OTA until the latest OTA started rolling out this week
the latest OTA is .340.

basically, if you have taken the latest OTA update from VZW then you need the leaked version of rubiX 1.90

If you haven't I guess the best bet is to wait for the OTA and install the 1.90 leaked version...

but i'm still learning all this crap so don't take my word on that. Might want to wait until drod tells you the best option.

Camera stopped working with 1.9

When I try to open the app, it only briefly opens then closes.

Anyone have any issue with the auto brightness? I just installed this ROM yestereday and noticed that toggling the brightness between auto and full really doesn't make much of a difference (in a dark lit area). I would think in a dark place the difference would be quite noticeable. I've seen a post or two on older versions of the ROM using an auto brightness hack/patch does anyone know if that will work on 1.9 or if there's another patch available? Thanks!

Actually, no. That's not the question I asked, and it's not a correct answer in any way. I am on the 30.04 bootloader, as are many people, and I am not on the TBH/MDW leak, as are many people. More people than ever this morning, in fact.

Actually it is a true answer as of yesterday as how I qualified it as I didnt do the update from last night and dont know what bootloader was loaded. Some phones did ship from what I understand with that bootloader but before yesterday most people got to that bootloader using the leak and as such should be able to use there SBF. So if that wasn't your question ask it better next time.

For clarification.. no, it's not true.

Replacement phones have recently been shipped with 30.04 bootloaders that WERE NOT on the .320 build.. and COULD use the 2.2 .sbf.

So, just checking the 30.04 bootloader version is NOT a safe way to tell if you're on the leak or not...

Just trying to clarify, and save a little confusion...

I recently (within a month or two) recieved a droidx replacement and when I got it I was already on the new bootloader. I have SBF many times with no trouble.

Back