Teacher had a panic attack with MY DROID in her hand

The irony of all of this is that my 6 year old daughter has a cell phone. Even she is intelligent enough not to take it out during class ;)

I certainly hope she wouldn't have any other 6 year olds to text while in kindergarten. I can't really imagine her asking much except "yo grl, can u pass me that sweet lookin brown crayon, i got a kick ass squirrel drawing here. c u @ recess."

The irony of all of this is that my 6 year old daughter has a cell phone. Even she is intelligent enough not to take it out during class ;)

I certainly hope she wouldn't have any other 6 year olds to text while in kindergarten. I can't really imagine her asking much except "yo grl, can u pass me that sweet lookin brown crayon, i got a kick ass squirrel drawing here. c u @ recess."

LMAO. Good one :D

Haha OK Mr big engineering student don't wanna get "thrown in a mud puddle" now be careful

I wouldn't consider a 21 year old a kid nor would I consider one old. Its a matter of opinion oh wise one who understands all

Doesn't have anything to do with a number. More with the maturity level. Plenty of 21 y/o act like kids. Spoiled kids at that who think everything should be handed to them. Act like a kid and you get called a kid IMO. Not directed at you BTW.

And to you guys that are defending texting and phone use during class this is a perfect example of not pay attention. I could give two chits less if you texted or played with your phone all through high school and still graduated with honors. That just fits with the "all about me" self-centered attitude so many kids have these days. Just because it doesn't or didn't distract you doesn't mean it isn't distracting someone else. They may be too worried about checking out your phone or what yoou are doing with it to pay attention to what is going on. I have a son who is ADD and he has a hard enough time focusing without games, texts and calls disrupting the class.

Sorry but there is nothing that important that it can't wait until a break, lunch or after school. If mom or dad needs to get hold of you in an emergency situation I am sure they know how to call the school.

I agree completely... and I doubt any teacher would get mad if you took out your phone and said i have to go its my mom and a family member died or somehting along those lines. I didnt text in HS, its not because I dont have friends but because it could wait until class was over. If it is that urgent you can leave the room, but your high school relationship issues and teen angst dont count as an emergency.

No students like domineering teachers like you keep your paws off kids property

I dont think it was meant to be taken that way, Im sure the class usually takes it as a joke, if she was screaming at the kids afterwards that would just distract from everything more but if shes just making a point and its funny whats the big deal.

LMAO Back in your guys day, you wouldnt even come to class. How can you criticize a student for being on a cell phone in class. Atleast Im in class. Back in those days they wouldnt even call your house if you ditched. and you guys didnt even have the option of texting in class lmao. But Tell me this who does using my cellphone in class hurt? Not the Teacher. Not the students around me. It hurts me and its my choice to do it.

Especially in college. wtf. Im paying to text in class, so let me do it wtf.

God help the student who told me that. First call would be to Campus Security and 2nd would be to the Provost. You also pay to fail my class. Have a nice day.

1st of all, I never said it was because of relationship issues...I said my girlfriend was going through something, her grandma had a heart attack that morning if you must know. And even if I was having relationship issues I would have still done it I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years and I can't say being polite to the teacher is going to take priority over that.

2nd, Technically you can't use your phone during the break either, and security will take it. Your phone is not even suppose to be on. During school hours and if you have a phone in a case on your waist its the same as having it in your hands using it.

And @PhDCow Let me pay to fail then? What causes more of a disruption me using my phone or you stopping class to call securityy on me for using my phone?Now your the one interuppting the learning of everyone in the room while I'm just interupting mine. You get paid to watch me use my phone?

Last edited:
Lmao this is a whole new Generation. In this generation: Teachers rarely give 2 ****s if your on your phone. Atleast where Im from. If she had broken my phone she would have been fired(she may even be fired now since there have been other issues about her) and the school would have payed for my new phone. She doesnt even care about phones. She only took it cuz she was upset. and @ koralyne I didnt tell the story word for word. but pretty much teachers 4 doors down heard her yelling and the teacher next door came over and talked to her and Im assuming either she or another teacher called security. At my school a student using a phone in class is the last problem any teacher is worried about. lmao. Theres students who smoke weed in class (and get away with it.)

Jez... PAYED for it??? cuz??? Theres???

Wonder who's Payin for your edgucation...

California.

Figures. Thanks, Arnold!

Definitely NOT lmao

And @PhDCow Let me pay to fail then? What causes more of a disruption me using my phone or you stopping class to call securityy on me for using my phone?Now your the one interuppting the learning of everyone in the room while I'm just interupting mine. You get paid to watch me use my phone?

All of my syllabi clearly state that cell phone use is prohibited while class is in session. Use of a cell phone is disruptive behavior that results in removal from the class. If you don't agree with that policy, you can select another course to take.

You pay for the course credits. Whether you show up is your choice, as is choosing to violate my cell phone policy.

And, yes, using your cell phone is distracting to your colleagues who have also paid their tuition. My classes have 20-25 students and a student on a cell phone is obvious.

All of my syllabi clearly state that cell phone use is prohibited while class is in session. Use of a cell phone is disruptive behavior that results in removal from the class. If you don't agree with that policy, you can select another course to take.

You pay for the course credits. Whether you show up is your choice, as is choosing to violate my cell phone policy.

And, yes, using your cell phone is distracting to your colleagues who have also paid their tuition. My classes have 20-25 students and a student on a cell phone is obvious.

Okay I can respect that. But what I'm saying is if 1 students cellphone is distracting another student then he is choosing to be distracted and he's the one paying in more then one way for it. Its like you calling security for me choosing not to learn, even if I don't have my cellphone out. I'm just hurting myself.

CNN: A schoolgirl in Saudi Arabia was sentenced to 90 lashes and two months in prison for assaulting her headmistress after a confrontation over a cell phone.

Kinda puts things in perspective. You think you have it bad huh? :)

droid does.....

give teachers mental breakdowns!

How the hell do you even have a droid if you're still in school??? I couldn't ever have had such a cool toy until I could pay for it myself! No way my mom would have spent that much on a device (cell phones didn't really exist when I was in high school...and I never had a pager!)

I bought it myself but it wasn't fresh out the box. I pay the bill too.

Back