Teacher had a panic attack with MY DROID in her hand

Isn't it obvious? Your phone just became self-aware and tried to punish one of the "evil ones". Happens from time to time :D

Who cares if you are a chemical engineer? Me being a finance major better qualifies me to socialize and argue then engineer so I don't see where your going with that

It was sarcasm kiddo.

You can stop calling me a "kid" and "kiddo", I'm 21 sadly not considered a "kid" anymore in the real world, son.

That too, was sarcasm.

You are too easy. :D

Haha ohh damn you're pretty hard man. Jeese wouldn't want to be in your class ahahahha

Rofl, are you still in undergrad adrynalyne? Oh, you'll understand when you're more educated. ;-)

Maybe with age you will learn that an opinion of a prediction of whats to come is not a fallacy. Its obvious that all those years of college couldn't get it through your thick skull ;)

I just LOVE how you're trying to play it off as "I was never trying to pitch an argument in the first place!", though you argued for posts and posts about how, if you were indeed pitching an argument (but you weren't, of course), it wouldn't be a fallacy. Excuse me if I don't exactly buy your particular line of bull****.

Hahah....Yeah I know now everything to him is sarcasm and jokes when he loses the arguments ;)

I don't recall ever saying I wasn't arguing. Why do people in this thread have so much trouble reading?

@Houndstooth, I personally view school as a more laid back kinda thing, compared to a job place (what with classes migrating to be online and stuff, plus, I think eventually teachers are going to become obsolete in a few decades time). Tbh, you are the customer at a school. You are buying knowledge. Once you are in the class, you have already paid the teacher their salary. However, some schools (if not all, I don't know fully) pay some sort of 'commission' based on how well their classes do (passing rates, etc), If they are gonna kick you out of the class for having a phone, they need to provide solid proof that its causing a disruption, such as lower grades, and other students physically not paying attention, or complaining about the phone-wielding student.

What I'm trying to say is, not allowing phones in class is an archaic, conservative-type rule, that really doesn't have any need in our time. Texting in class is just as distracting (if not, less than!) talking to a person next to you, and most classes I have been in allowed discussion between students during class.

You may argue that there is a difference between texting your friend about what you're gonna do after school, and talking to another student about relative classroom material, but that's not the point, the point here is distraction. Talking makes an audible noise, which to some students, can be distracting. Typing on a silenced phone is only distracting you if you are doing it at an inappropriate time in the classroom setting, such as during a lecture, but if the class is idle, as happens a lot of time, then I believe it shouldn't be completely out of line to want to say hey to your friends. Now, whether or not they respond, is based on whether or not they are in an appropriate time to respond, that is their issue, but if two classes are idle at the same time (trust me, it can happen!) I don't see why not.

My only response to this is until you are an adult, you are legally required to attend school. You do what they tell you, when they tell you to (assuming they aren't telling you to do something wrong). You play by their rules. The taxpayers as a whole are paying for you to be there, and we expect you to be learning, NOT texting your friends. End of story. It doesn't matter what YOU think. Once you are an adult, you can make your own decisions, and face the consequences of your actions.

Hahah....Yeah I know now everything to him is sarcasm and jokes when he loses the arguments ;)

Oh yeah. You guys win the internet!

I congratulate you!

38441_7dtr2scy8f_m.jpg

Call it like you see it?

See what?

This wasn't a competition, LOL.

Considered by whom?

You can stop calling me a "kid" and "kiddo", I'm 21 sadly not considered a "kid" anymore in the real world, son.

I know lots of older people who consider people who are 21 (or older) a kid. In informal use, it can be used to mean someone younger than ones self. When I am older, I believe I will understand that :)

I wouldn't consider a 21 year old a kid nor would I consider one old. Its a matter of opinion oh wise one who understands all

Agreed

I wouldn't consider a 21 year old a kid nor would I consider one old. Its a matter of opinion oh wise one who understands all

That is what I was saying, being considered a kid is a matter of opinion based on who is doing the considering.

Back