2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the people who are so upset that they are going to another phone and another carrier because they don't have 2.1 yet.

I love the people who insist that Verizon (or Motorola or Google) have somehow screwed them because they have not released an update to their phone...."cuz, who cares if it's ready and bug free, I demand it now"

Really??? REALLY?????? Are there that many infants out there?

First off, could someone please specify exactly what they will be able to do with their Droid once they have 2.1 that cannot be done now with 2.0.1 and any apps available in the Market or from the numerous sources avail online?

Second, could you please detail how those things that can't be done with 2.0.1 (and apps readily available in the Market) are negatively impacting your life. Be specific here..."My wife won't...well you know....until I have live wallpapers." "My dog has refused to eat until I have a 3d launcher" "My kids will continue to pee in my coffee until I've got that News and Weather widget". You get the idea. Don't just say you have to have it.

The reality is that Verizon NEVER published a date TO THE PUBLIC of when 2.1 was to be released. Someone who works there took a screenshot of the 3/18 date and posted it online. They weren't supposed to do that, and if they got caught, trust me, they were fired. The reason Verizon didn't officially release the 3/18 date was because there was still a chance that they could run into issues...even up until minutes before it was released.

All the Chicken Little's need to get a grip. People are reading blog posts that quote blog posts, that quote forum posts, that quote a post-it note found in the landfill and think that it's gospel. Even in this thread people are posting "additional info" which are links to blog posts posted a week ago. Even this "news" section of the forum is not really "News", more like various levels of speculation. Remember over 2 months ago when Miami, through "very reliable" sources told us that 2.1 was only a day or two away? How'd that work out?

Bottom line, if you are such a child that you are threatening to change phones or carriers because an update (for a fully functioning device) hasn't come out yet based on info you've received 27th hand on the interwebs.....well, what can I say, trade in your phone for an all day sucker and find a nice quiet spot for your nap.

Ahh, the "gimmee now" generation I've heard so much about...

hang in there, gang...

Ya know what, who cares? Alls these posts from people complaining that it isnt here, or those people who are complaining at people who are posting that it isnt here and those people who are complaining at people for being rooted or unrooted.. WHO CARES!! When someone gets it, then post here.. get tons of email notifications from this thread (Yes I can unsubscribe) but I would like to know when/if someone gets it, thats what this thread was intended for I believe..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know what, who cares? Alls these posts from people *****ing that it isnt here, or those people who are *****ing at people who are posting that it isnt here and those people who are *****ing at people for being rooted or unrooted.. WHO CARES!! When someone gets it, then post here.. get tons of email notifications from this thread (Yes I can unsubscribe) but I would like to know when/if someone gets it, thats what this thread was intended for I believe..

I get those for every thread that I have posted in, and I'm not subscribe to any of them. Does it automatically subscribe you when you post in a thread?

I love the people who are so upset that they are going to another phone and another carrier because they don't have 2.1 yet.

I love the people who insist that Verizon (or Motorola or Google) have somehow screwed them because they have not released an update to their phone...."cuz, who cares if it's ready and bug free, I demand it now"

First off, could someone please specify exactly what they will be able to do with their Droid once they have 2.1 that cannot be done now with 2.0.1 and any apps available in the Market or from the numerous sources avail online?

Second, could you please detail how those things that can't be done with 2.0.1 (and apps readily available in the Market) are negatively impacting your life. Be specific here..."My wife won't...well you know....until I have live wallpapers." "My dog has refused to eat until I have a 3d launcher" "My kids will continue to pee in my coffee until I've got that News and Weather widget". You get the idea. Don't just say you have to have it.

The reality is that Verizon NEVER published a date TO THE PUBLIC of when 2.1 was to be released. Someone who works there took a screenshot of the 3/18 date and posted it online. They weren't supposed to do that, and if they got caught, trust me, they were fired. The reason Verizon didn't officially release the 3/18 date was because there was still a chance that they could run into issues...even up until minutes before it was released.

All the Chicken Little's need to get a grip. People are reading blog posts that quote blog posts, that quote forum posts, that quote a post-it note found in the landfill and think that it's gospel. Even in this thread people are posting "additional info" which are links to blog posts posted a week ago. Even this "news" section of the forum is not really "News", more like various levels of speculation. Remember over 2 months ago when Miami, through "very reliable" sources told us that 2.1 was only a day or two away? How'd that work out?

Bottom line, if you are such a child that you are threatening to change phones or carriers because an update (for a fully functioning device) hasn't come out yet based on info you've received 27th hand on the interwebs.....well, what can I say, trade in your phone for an all day sucker and find a nice quiet spot for your nap.

Dude... Chill.

Dude... Chill.

+1 for the best response ever.

Ahh, the "gimmee now" generation I've heard so much about...

hang in there, gang...

In the last 20 years, it has been the instant gratification personalities. I mean, hell, I had a No IT experienced boss who felt webpages should come up fast. And by fast, he expects going to the website to be like 1 second. This being on a desktop on a dual T1 Digital line, not using the 3G network or either AT&T or Verizon as an example.

That is what makes me laugh about some of the AT&T ads of late where they want to harp their 3G network is better than Verizon. In all honest opinion, it varies for both sides. I'm with Verizon simply because where I live and where I happen to be, Verizon just has a better presence versus the others.

Anyhow, the 'got to have it now' type people are ones who just want the instant gratification, that newer is better. And in some cases, yes... But in other cases, no. And like I said, my No IT experience boss from my last job repeatedly proved that just plowing ahead without thinking of the consequences tended to back fire a lot. Sad thing is, he is still there trying to do things, but I am hoping his days there are numbered cause he doesn't have someone falling for his BS backing him up.

Dude... Chill.

He was doing great until he got to the last paragraph.

I get those for every thread that I have posted in, and I'm not subscribe to any of them. Does it automatically subscribe you when you post in a thread?
Yes, posting to a thread subscribes you to it. You can change that by going to User CP > Options

I guess I am kind of on the UnknownDroid bus here.

The truth really is it's a great phone, with or without Rooted Custom ROMs or 2.1.
While we all have fun with it and some push it to it's limits, I'm guessing the whoever is responsible for pulling the trigger on any update has the best interest of everyone (VZW, Google, Moto and us) in mind. Let's face it, if something goes wrong and our DROIDs, err phones, stop being phones, there are going to be alot more people jumping off the VZW boat than if they delay the much anticipated 2.1 release.

It will get here eventually, or it won't. It just isn't that big of a deal. I assume since we have expensive phones with expensive data plans, that we all have roofs over our heads and food on the table. Enjoy the cool phone.. wait (on the edge of your seat like me if you must) for 2.1 and worry about stuff that we we actually have some control over...whatever that may be. :)

peace out

JJ

Iif this is the flagship phone that saved moto IMO, and made lots of $$$$ for VZ, then ...

Why don't we have 2.1 when it seems the rest of the world has now got it or is in progress? (milestone).

Why can we not get an answer as to what is going on? I believe it is a reasonable question, considering the cost of the device and what we all pay per month for having it.

LOL Thanks JCo... By the way... I am your Father's brothers nephews cousin's former roommate... and I am a verizon rep... you know what that makes us? Absolutely nothing. I'm calling it now, 2.1 first batches out tomorrow.

Iif this is the flagship phone that saved moto IMO, and made lots of $$$$ for VZ, then ...

Why don't we have 2.1 when it seems the rest of the world has now got it or is in progress? (milestone).

Why can we not get an answer as to what is going on? I believe it is a reasonable question, considering the cost of the device and what we all pay per month for having it.

Don't tell that to unknowndroid... he will yell at you...

Hope that the release of 2.1 update ends this hostility and bickering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back