2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, not to beat a dead horse here... but I seriously cannot believe that Verizon... or Google... or Motorola hasn't officially tweeted anything... not even a "its coming, minor bug, stay tuned"

not even a blip.. i think thats what has the majority of us ticked off... Its not even about us not having it at this point...

Iif this is the flagship phone that saved moto IMO, and made lots of $$$$ for VZ, then ...

Why don't we have 2.1 when it seems the rest of the world has now got it or is in progress? (milestone).

Why can we not get an answer as to what is going on? I believe it is a reasonable question, considering the cost of the device and what we all pay per month for having it.

Don't tell that to unknowndroid... he will yell at you...

he might just.....seriously though, still haven't seen anyone answer with specifics of how NOT having 2.1 is impacting them, and what they'll be able to do when they get it.

someone explain this to me... (this is a serious question)... How did they discover a bug with the droid and not the Milestone? Isn't it the SAME device, just one runs on GSM and one CDMA?? Is it possible for CDMA to have a bug that GSM doesn't??

Honestly (and I am not being snarky) it's probably something that Verizon forgot to cripple. When I got my Droid the salesman mentioned that tethering apps, though available now, would be disabled with the next software update. It sidesteps the official $15 per month tethering service.

Having been with Verizon since they were Airtouch here in Grand Rapids, MI- I've gone through many phones, most notably the Moto v710 where Verizon crippled the Bluetooth support, only allowing the headset profile, to protect certain revenue streams. In the case of the V710 they didn't want you taking pics and being able to transfer them to a computer bypassing their $0.25 per message service. Ringtones and media were also reasons.

Now don't get me wrong, Verizon is a company in business to make money, but taking a device that is manufactured to have certain features and specs and crippling them is at best bad form. But I am pretty sure they are aware nobody is loyal and they might as well eek out as much money as they can before something better comes around and people jump ship.

All that said, having been a beta tester in the computer world... I am a big boy and am often willing to use "not ready for prime time" software with full knowledge that I'll get no support. Why Verizon doesn't allow those who want to test it and take on the risk-- well I don't understand that. I guess that's why people root their phones.

Ben

:motdroidvert:

Iif this is the flagship phone that saved moto IMO, and made lots of $$$$ for VZ, then ...

Why don't we have 2.1 when it seems the rest of the world has now got it or is in progress? (milestone).

Why can we not get an answer as to what is going on? I believe it is a reasonable question, considering the cost of the device and what we all pay per month for having it.

he might just.....seriously though, still haven't seen anyone answer with specifics of how NOT having 2.1 is impacting them, and what they'll be able to do when they get it.

we KNOW there are no specifics that outline the impact of this update... YOU know this as well... so does Joe Shmo who just bought his droid.. its the constant tease.. To be honest... if I didn't see the Milestone getting it before us... i probably wouldn't give 2 sh-ts... I just think you shouldn't spurn people that are excited about some new although semi-pointless features... no need to be insulting thats all.

It's something that has been dangled out in front of Droid owners for several months now. Combine that with the 2 potential release dates, all the rumors flying around, and NO communication to customers that pay thousands for their product, and yes, your going to get some hostility.

also, getting mutiple emails from this thread shouldn't bother you since your droid groups them all in thread format as well... its not like you should have 6000 emails to delete...

by the way, my avatar is a pumpkin i carved. NOT the creepy dude from Disturbed. although it kinda turned out that way didn't it :)

(sorry COMPLETELY off subject... just thought i'd lighten the mood:))

It's something that has been dangled out in front of Droid owners for several months now. Combine that with the 2 potential release dates, all the rumors flying around, and NO communication to customers that pay thousands for their product, and yes, your going to get some hostility.

OK, I think I get it now....so you just want to have it and have it now, cause they owe it to you. Got it. But again I ask, why do you want it so badly? How is NOT having it impacting your use of the device, and what do you plan to do once you get it that you can't now.

OK, I think I get it now....so you just want to have it and have it now, cause they owe it to you. Got it. But again I ask, why do you want it so badly? How is NOT having it impacting your use of the device, and what do you plan to do once you get it that you can't now.

Who said anything about it being Owed???
What am I going to do when I get it that I can't do now???
1. Pinch to Zoom in my web browser.
2. Pinch to zoom on photos.
3. Use the auto Dimmer on my navigation at night so its not blinding me.
4. Voice to Text.
5. Easy sign in for my Yahoo! mail account.

There's 5 for ya buddy.

Wanting it now would have been 2 months ago. I could care less at this point. What I do want is an explanation from a company I pay hundreds of dollars to every month about a MANDATORY update that will, hopefully, iron out some bugs (yahoo email, bluetooth, ect). All anyone wants is an explanation. That's it. Straight forward and simple. I'm sure that if they issued a statement as to what was going on, most of the people would be content.

Who said anything about it being Owed???
What am I going to do when I get it that I can't do now???
1. Pinch to Zoom in my web browser.
2. Pinch to zoom on photos.
3. Use the auto Dimmer on my navigation at night so its not blinding me.
4. Voice to Text.
5. Easy sign in for my Yahoo! mail account.

There's 5 for ya buddy.

6. Fix the security hole when on a call if you have the pattern lock enabled. <- most important one.
7. Improved battery life
8. Over speed of 2.1. <- So the non-root users can see what the rooted users where talking about

Wow, the way this thread has gone, you'd think we were debating health care or something. Except that would've been more civil :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back