2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's something that has been dangled out in front of Droid owners for several months now. Combine that with the 2 potential release dates, all the rumors flying around, and NO communication to customers that pay thousands for their product, and yes, your going to get some hostility.

OK, I think I get it now....so you just want to have it and have it now, cause they owe it to you. Got it. But again I ask, why do you want it so badly? How is NOT having it impacting your use of the device, and what do you plan to do once you get it that you can't now.

Wanting it now would have been 2 months ago. I could care less at this point. What I do want is an explanation from a company I pay hundreds of dollars to every month about a MANDATORY update that will, hopefully, iron out some bugs (yahoo email, bluetooth, ect). All anyone wants is an explanation. That's it. Straight forward and simple. I'm sure that if they issued a statement as to what was going on, most of the people would be content.

I have to agree. It's not about the update, it is about getting some news as to why it is delayed. I don't care if it's a one line statement on the web page... Just say something. They don't have to give out all of the details, just something like:

"2.1 is delayed due to, (insert reasons here).. we are working on the problem, and hope to have it fixed by the/in the (time frame)."

That's all that has to be said.... Just say something. I already figure the update isn't coming anytime in the next few days. I can't understand why the company can't do that much. The update gets announced and then pulled back. I can understand technical problems with it, I get that, it happens. From all I understand, Motorola and Verizon have been inundated with complaints and inquiries. Now, one would think that when that starts happening, someone within the company (either one) would at least have the presence of mind to issue some sort of information release explaining the situation. Yes, I know its not a "big update" but it does add enough features (personally, "pinch-zoom" and voice to text are two that I have been waiting for) to make it worthwhile enough for us to want it.

Not releasing some sort of explanation is poor customer service in my opinion. ...

he might just.....seriously though, still haven't seen anyone answer with specifics of how NOT having 2.1 is impacting them, and what they'll be able to do when they get it.
It's something that has been dangled out in front of Droid owners for several months now. Combine that with the 2 potential release dates, all the rumors flying around, and NO communication to customers that pay thousands for their product, and yes, your going to get some hostility.

OK, I think I get it now....so you just want to have it and have it now, cause they owe it to you. Got it. But again I ask, why do you want it so badly? How is NOT having it impacting your use of the device, and what do you plan to do once you get it that you can't now.

I love that premise ...

What they OWE us is an explanation. Period.

THEY announced an update, THEY set the wheels of the masses like us, who, while only amounting to 10% of the Droid population, would be interested, and waiting for it.

THEY were quick enough to tell us but now something went sour, and now silence.

Lastly, and I love to use this with Doctors who believe they don't have time to answer a question: THEY work for US.

Without US, THEY do not make $$$.

So it really doesn't matter why we might want it, but for your sake, I want speech to text to make up for BT feature set that is lacking. There you go, something I can't do now, but CAN do afterwards.

I'm not stomping, but waiting, but at the very least, if you are going to do something and then change your mind, and you have your own people who make your salaries asking questions, then at least provide an answer to them.

I'm not stomping, but waiting, but at the very least, if you are going to do something and then change your mind, and you have your own people who make your salaries asking questions, then at least provide an answer to them.

I promise you what is going on is they were set to release the update, A bunch of Apple lawyers showed up at Verizons front door- and they were *****ing and moaning about the pinch+zoom.

Verizon isn't going to comment on something like that- but it may be something they have to internally settle before release.

I'm just happy my phone works so well now.. This make take a while.

$M

I suppose if a person were REALLY curious, they could do what the last step on the VZW Mandatory 2.1 update page says:

"If the update fails again please contact Verizon Wireless Customer Care at (800) 922-0204."

And tell them your update failed.

At least you could see where they are at with it.

I promise you what is going on is they were set to release the update, A bunch of Apple lawyers showed up at Verizons front door- and they were *****ing and moaning about the pinch+zoom.

Verizon isn't going to comment on something like that- but it may be something they have to internally settle before release.

$M

...and now starts the conspiracy theory stage of the thread.

*grabs some popcorn*

$M

I could go with that anology, however these days I don't think Apple can make any legal moves without the major tabloids reporting it, just as they began their HTC mess.

Rumors circulated for a week or so before that actually occurred.

But hey, anythi... Just a moment, just a moment ...

A small triangle just appeared in my notification bar ...

Oh wait, it was just light reflecting off my desk lamp and doing a jj lens flare ...

Does anyone know if the 2.1 update will fix the scratches on the outside of my phone??

Does anyone know if the 2.1 update will fix the scratches on the outside of my phone??

yes, it will do everything you would hope, and then some. Even things you would not expect a phone/smartphone to be able to do.

I think we have to wait for 2.2 for the bagel, I think I saw a thread on that......

i like what i hear i like the motorola droid when will the motorola droid be released?

You know where this is going to leave us.2.1 will finally be released. Then the Nexus and less then a month or 2 after the nexus release they will get a 2.2 update ota. Then you will have some people throwing their droids to the ground like children when they see someone with a shiny new toy that looks better then there's. Then we will have this start up all over again......:popcorn::pint:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back