2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal opinion is that Verizon, Motorola or Google should let us know about what is going on to at least ease the anticipation for some people. That's all most people in this thread want is an explanation. NO it was not officially announced by any of the 3 companies involved in this update but it was leaked by an employee causing this to become a huge matter and now causing consumers to get angry. However Verizon has the instructions for the ESE53 (2.1) update posted on their website which is a confirmation it is coming and in turn teasing people and raising their anticipation for this new update. There are a lot of things that us people that didn't "milk the cow" are looking forward to in this update and cant currently do.

i like what i hear i like the motorola droid when will the motorola droid be released?

The Droid is already out my friend.........

lol i was just joking i have one.. jus tryin to throw in some comedy... but hey so what are the current "rumours" or speculation of 2.1? what are the speculated release dates? i like having speculated dates because i like waiting for that last minute and stare at my droid and baaam nothing but its kind of fun because u never know.

This all reminds me of a DVD program I use. Over the years the owner/programmer has always released his Betas, Release Candidates, and Full Releases on Mondays. The standing joke around the website there is...
"When will it be released?"
"Monday."
"This Monday?"
"Monday. Never said which one."
That's what this 2.1 update is sounding/looking like.

Or, as Popeye's friend Wimpy would say (If he had a Droid)...
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday, for a Droid update today."​

Who said anything about it being Owed???
What am I going to do when I get it that I can't do now???
1. Pinch to Zoom in my web browser.
2. Pinch to zoom on photos.
3. Use the auto Dimmer on my navigation at night so its not blinding me.
4. Voice to Text.
5. Easy sign in for my Yahoo! mail account.

There's 5 for ya buddy.

OK, fair enough. I appreciate that you can say more than, they announced it and then they took it away. By the way, I wan't referring to you, Mike, when I said "owed"

OK, back to the 5 you listed Mike. Some suggestions to try while you wait for 2.1.

1. Browser - check out x-scope or dolphin, both avail in the Market. I prefer x-scope, but both pinch to zoom.
2. Gallery - 2.1 Gallery .apk is floating around all over the place. You do not need to be rotted to install. I've had it since some developer ripped it from the Nexus and it is a big improvement over 2.0 gallery. (if you can't find it, send me a PM and I'll email you the .apk)
3. The Night mode of Navigation has been around since a few versions of Maps ago. Did you update to the latest version of Maps? It is a nice feature for sure, but you don't need 2.1 for it. I was using over the weekend.
4. Yeah, Voice to Text is nice. I use it with Handcent a lot (avail in Market) I agree it will be nice when you can use it for all fields.
5. I'm strictly a Gmail person, so I'm not sure on that one.

Who said anything about it being Owed???
What am I going to do when I get it that I can't do now???
1. Pinch to Zoom in my web browser.
2. Pinch to zoom on photos.
3. Use the auto Dimmer on my navigation at night so its not blinding me.
4. Voice to Text.
5. Easy sign in for my Yahoo! mail account.

There's 5 for ya buddy.

OK, fair enough. I appreciate that you can say more than, they announced it and then they took it away. By the way, I wan't referring to you, Mike, when I said "owed"

OK, back to the 5 you listed Mike. Some suggestions to try while you wait for 2.1.

1. Browser - check out x-scope or dolphin, both avail in the Market. I prefer x-scope, but both pinch to zoom.
2. Gallery - 2.1 Gallery .apk is floating around all over the place. You do not need to be rotted to install. I've had it since some developer ripped it from the Nexus and it is a big improvement over 2.0 gallery. (if you can't find it, send me a PM and I'll email you the .apk)
3. The Night mode of Navigation has been around since a few versions of Maps ago. Did you update to the latest version of Maps? It is a nice feature for sure, but you don't need 2.1 for it. I was using over the weekend.
4. Yeah, Voice to Text is nice. I use it with Handcent a lot (avail in Market) I agree it will be nice when you can use it for all fields.
5. I'm strictly a Gmail person, so I'm not sure on that one.

2.1 gallery floating around likes like a piece of poop stuck in molasses vs. the version for the Droid.

"speculated dates" sound like a fancy variety of the fruit. Guys (Gals) - here's what I do to get me through the wait: I got two kids at home that like to crawl on me and bruise me to hell and back. I let them. I got a dog that likes to bark at the fish I'm trying to catch in the pond in my back yard. I let him. I got a wife who likes to spend all my money on "green" things. I let her. I got a phone that works and surfs the web and texts and lets me geocache with it. I use it. I got a job that gets boring and a forum to waste time on. I do it.2.1 will come one day and on that day all will be well with the world. Up until then, things ain't half bad.

Nice little note from Moto:
Motorola We know you guys are anxiously awaiting the upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1. Ultimately, we want to ensure you have the best possible experience on your device; as a result, the rollout is taking longer than expected. Though we don't have the new deployment date to share just yet, we do promise we are working to get you updated information and will relay it as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. We appreciate it! (via FaceBook)

i'm just curious on why verizon owes us a update? i dont remember being told that when i bought my phone and i'm very happy with it. does it say somewhere in the small print that they have to update it and keep us informed as to every move they make? i would love to get the update but its crazy that people are saying they owe us. i pay a monthly bill for the phone i have now and not what i might or might not get in the future. sorry if i come off rude but some people act so immature and i dont even recall verizon ever saying when the update was coming.

Motorola We know you guys are anxiously awaiting the upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1. Ultimately, we want to ensure you have the best possible experience on your device; as a result, the rollout is taking longer than expected. Though we don't have the new deployment date to share just yet, we do promise we are working to get you updated information and will relay it as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. We appreciate it! (via FaceBook)

Post a link. Show some kind of proof not just the text you pulled from a supposed Motorola facebook page.

i'm just curious on why verizon owes us a update? i dont remember being told that when i bought my phone and i'm very happy with it. does it say somewhere in the small print that they have to update it and keep us informed as to every move they make? i would love to get the update but its crazy that people are saying they owe us. i pay a monthly bill for the phone i have now and not what i might or might not get in the future. sorry if i come off rude but some people act so immature and i dont even recall verizon ever saying when the update was coming.

Well they purposefully made the decision to carry an android phone. For the uninformed, android is seen as a very progressive OS, as most things are from Google (They advance faster than everybody else). It is expected that an Android phone would receive incremental updates as say... a blackberry would be used to be productive, technically Verizon. To assume that verizon doesn't owe android users an update would be equivalent to assuming that Blackberry keyboards don't have to work. I mean really, they put the keys on there, but who said they would work?

Additionally, when available its a good business strategy to provide updates for a device. Especially when competitors are doing it as well (See: blackberry, iPhone, Palm who have all recently received OS upgrades. If VZW didn't provide updates for their phones, it wouldn't matter how good their network was. Nobody and I mean nobody would use it, and they would go out of business.

Post a link. Show some kind of proof not just the text you pulled from a supposed Motorola facebook page.

Do you not have access to facebook?
Motorola | Facebook

Here ya go.
Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back