2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motorola facebook page says "working on it" thanks for your patience

Motorola We know you guys are anxiously awaiting the upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1. Ultimately, we want to ensure you have the best possible experience on your device; as a result, the rollout is taking longer than expected. Though we don't have the new deployment date to share just yet, we do promise we are working to get you updat...ed information and will relay it as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. We appreciate it!

by the looks of this forum none of us are being patient by our own accord

2.1 sbf

If you want to get updated to 2.1, just flash the 2.1 sbf with the 03 radio enhancement. The final OTA version will not be much different. And yes, it is easy to milk the cow with that version.

Android 2.1 to be released...

Android 2.1 is officially to be released toward the end of April of this year.

This information is coming straight from HTC's database.
It is subject to change. But at least, it's official info from the manufacturer.

It is subject to change. But at least, it's official info from the manufacturer.

I know you are new, but the Droid is made by MOTOROLA, so the release from HTC (I assume for the Eris) has no bearing on the 2.1 release for the Droid.

I know you are new, but the Droid is made by MOTOROLA, so the release from HTC (I assume for the Eris) has no bearing on the 2.1 release for the Droid.

At this rate she may be right that we may not see it until the end of April; though i know she was referring to htc.

:)

Granted. But that being said, the carrier is the one that pushes the updates out. And since the Droid Eris, and the Motorola Droid both run on VZW, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be pushed out OTA for both phones @ that time. I could be wrong, but to my knowledge, the manufacturer has no bearing on the OS as far updates go.

If it is true that Verizon is having issues with their deployment method, I highly doubt that they would INCREASE the load on that method of deployment. If anything, they would do their best to DECREASE the load by spreading out the deployment more.

Also, the manufacturer does have some input on the updates, as they are the one who tailors the update to the phone. This is especially true in the case of the Eris, as it has the Sense UI interface on top of the Android OS, where as, with the Droid, Motorola (more or less) just needs to optimize 2.1 for the hardware, rather than fully update the front-end interface.

Not neccessarily. VZW is a business just like any other business. They will do there best to generate popularity, if it means being a little omissive as far as information goes. I get calls all day long from VZW agents that have no idea the things that their company says or implements.

The manufacturer helps develop the software. The software is passed onto the carrier. The carrier implements their own touch. As far as I know, it's past the manufacturing stage.

I think all of us here already know of the ignorance of the VZW agents to anything happening with the company ;) Really, though, your argument is a bit flawed. Verizon is well-know for being very stringent when it comes to making sure things are going to go smoothly. If they are having issues with deployment now, they won't run the risk of increasing load on the deployment system (therefore increasing the risk of issues).

This is not necessarily the case, as we don't know that the reason 2.1 was delayed last week was from an issue with deployment (it could have been a bug), but VZW is very careful (maybe even to a fault) when pushing out any sort of update.

Also, the HTC update would need to be tested by VZW before deployment as well. If this isn't already in VZW's hands, then there will be a delay in the distribution due to that.

Verizon:

You are not my friend anymore. I'm gonna go home and compile my own rom, you bastiges!

*Stomps feet*

Nah, I'm not really upset. I just think the whole stringing people along bit is lame.

Verizon:

You are not my friend anymore. I'm gonna go home and compile my own rom, you bastiges!

*Stomps feet*

Nah, I'm not really upset. I just think the whole stringing people along bit is lame.

Agreed but I will just continue to wait since I'm too lazy to milk the cow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back