2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.1 cured these things for me also, but it was because I did a complete nandroid reinstall I think.

A while back when I went back to a fresh stock install my phone ran very well and smoothly. Better than it used to before when I was stock for a while.

It never hurts to do a fresh install once and awhile.

Well it doesn't seem like 200,000 updates went out today. As far as the statement of the update taking longer than expected, I don't think they have any idea when it's coming out either. I would bet Moto and Verizon will be just as surprised as us when it goes out... lol

it could be true that they dont got a clue when its being released. I would post that for people to see if i was Motorola just so the calls stop coming to the company asking when its coming.

I do not agree, this article hits the nail directly on the head 100%.

I do not think its a good thing for phones to not be getting the updates on a quicker schedule, and I agree that is is hurting Android.

This is one persons opinion. My opinion is he doesn't know what he's talking about.

2.1 will happen, it's already been demonstrated on the Droid, they just got to get over whatever problems they seem to have delivering it.

I just wanted to have a post in the range of the 2100 post.....

I was lucky about 6 years ago on the internet and won $20,000 worth of equipment for my business in a 100,000 post online forum contest. Obviously I was the 100,000th post! I used to be very lucky.

Because this thread has hit the 2100 mark the update could very seriously happen any second.

I have been watching this thread and leaving my comments to myself but i have to say the post above is the best....

I just wanted to have a post in the range of the 2100 post.....

I was lucky about 6 years ago on the internet and won $20,000 worth of equipment for my business in a 100,000 post online forum contest. Obviously I was the 100,000th post! I used to be very lucky.

Because this thread has hit the 2100 mark the update could very seriously happen any second.
:icon_eek: man i wish my luck was like that lol

did you guys hear that a car in china got Android OS? no bs i though this was just on phones, now i wonder if it was 1.5, 1.6 or 2.1

Yea its the SAIC Roewe 350.....and of course they get 2.1 before we do as well LOL....
According to the Chinese automaker, the model will use Google Android version 2.1, available on the same recently launched cell phone, named Nexus One. This will give opportunity for the driver to access the GPS with Google Maps and use web surfing capabilities of the system when the car is stopped. Very likely, the system gives to owner the opportunity to install applications by Android Market when the system will connect to the Internet via telephone

Yea its the SAIC Roewe 350.....and of course they get 2.1 before we do as well LOL....
According to the Chinese automaker, the model will use Google Android version 2.1, available on the same recently launched cell phone, named Nexus One. This will give opportunity for the driver to access the GPS with Google Maps and use web surfing capabilities of the system when the car is stopped. Very likely, the system gives to owner the opportunity to install applications by Android Market when the system will connect to the Internet via telephone
pretty cool but its only a matter of time before its hacked to work when in motion and then the crashes happen but still pretty cool

Here's an analogy.....you have a toyota and you know the brake is buggy yet you still drive it knowing they'll have an update.. you bought the toyota as is, but, if there are any "bugs" you know they'll try to come out with a fix..

Heck, windows updates all the time with patches....

But Toyota lied and says you didnt hit the brakes when you should have stopped and now you wrecked/rooted the car and they wont fix

I like how some are talking about fragmentation on android. In general I agree, however they have it wrong with the Droid; moto didn't add another layer to it (motoblur), nor did VZ really either. So it really begs why they can't get 2.1 out, it is on milestone, and only minor differences there.

Seems there is an issue with Skype and 2.1, I did not get any information beyond that.

But since the release of Skype so close on the heels of a major upgrade guess prudent minds took over and decided to ensure full compatibility with 2.1 before releasing and breaking Skype.

Just my 2 cents, with or without 2.1 best smart phone I ever owned...

I still get tickled when it sings DROID while I am in meetings.....:icon_ banana:

Be patient better correct than quick and deadly...

I love it ! I sit in meetings with 10 to 15 people a few times a week and when my phone screams "DROID" at least 3 or 4 people turn and look and say something about it and then ask if the phone is as cool as the commercial says LOL
I TELL THEM YES. and to keep on topic here. I want the update not because my phone doesnt work but just BECAUSE DROID Does and will do even more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back