2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be leaning on the theory that 2.1 has big time problems with CDMA.

The Verizon Nexus One launch has also been delayed which just indicates to me that there is a problem in general with 2.1 whether it is something on VZW's network or CDMA in general.

But just as the rest of this is ...just speculation.

Hopefully they will fix it soon.

I read a while back that the N1 has touch screen problems, and that had to be fixed before Verizon wanted Google to start selling the phone or is having the 3G issues like it does/did on TMO.

With all this talk about how 2.1 is not working with CDMA, remember that we have ROM's out there that is running ESE53 with no issues. Granted they do not have the radio update file, yet.

Exactly, we know the ESE53 works quite well on the Droid so that is not an issue. I don't like to bring up ROMs in this section but I have seen it run on video and it looks great. That's not the issue in getting it to us. Maybe another bug, or heaven knows what else but it will get here eventually.

I seem to be leaning on the theory that 2.1 has big time problems with CDMA.

The Verizon Nexus One launch has also been delayed which just indicates to me that there is a problem in general with 2.1 whether it is something on VZW's network or CDMA in general.

But just as the rest of this is ...just speculation.

Hopefully they will fix it soon.

I read a while back that the N1 has touch screen problems, and that had to be fixed before Verizon wanted Google to start selling the phone or is having the 3G issues like it does/did on TMO.

With all this talk about how 2.1 is not working with CDMA, remember that we have ROM's out there that is running ESE53 with no issues. Granted they do not have the radio update file, yet.

That is why I said, "I'm not trying to start another theory". I just wanted to ask a question. and your response makes my question even more valid. If 2.1 runs on the Droid (via ROMS), and the Milestone and the Droid are virtually the same phone, (albeit one is CDMA and the other GSM), why is there no problem running 2.1 on the Milestone and they can't seem to get it right on the Droid? I flamed out way back in February. Wasted time and energy. I was just hoping that someone could answer the question I had.

Ese53 works on Droid, we know from Rome.

Not a motor customization issue, we know because the Droid is pure Google android- no motoblur.

I don't think it went out to anyone either.

Simply stupid on all parties accounts, and we will never find out the real cause.

Damage control by VZW/Moto needed. Period.

Explain to customers what happened, why it happened, and move forward. It's time to save face and put the speculation to rest.

"What the he L L is going on?" Been months and we still have no definitive answer, just speculations..... Unbelievable..... Thankfully we've got ROMs :).

**MOD EDIT**

Please no political discussions on this thread or the forums.

Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
Damage control by VZW/Moto needed. Period.

Explain to customers what happened, why it happened, and move forward. It's time to save face and put the speculation to rest.

"What the he L L is going on?" Been months and we still have no definitive answer, just speculations..... Unbelievable..... Thankfully we've got ROMs :).

Completely agree........would be nice if it came out or some explanation within the next week or two so we can ALL move forward.

Careful guys remember that political discussions aren't to be discussed in the forum :(

i think this thread needs to be closed due to people taking the 2.1 issue too far ...
i can think of more important things in life to worry about than spending brain cells on this topic ....

Yeah, let's not take an already touchy situation, and bring politics into it.... I come here to escape politics..... We all have our opinions, let's go to the appropriate web site forums to express them, but leave them out of here.

Anyway, back on track. I thing the problem we are not hearing about, is the Bitfone issue. It's the only one, so far, that makes sense to me. What I don't understand is why we are not hearing about it. Was it that bad, or embarrassing that they would rather not speak of it? Or, is the fact that there are so many leaks from Moto and VZW employees, that any news is being closely held? Or is it that HP/Bitfone and Motorola are working on the problem, and keeping VZW out of the loop until it's fixed? Doesn't make sense, but it's just a thought.

Any of the above make sense. What doesn't make sense is the constant talks about bugs in the software. There are probably half a dozen ESE53 ROM's being touted in the forums, and if they are generally running fine, then that gives lie to the statement that "a last minute bug was found in the update". I can sort of buy radio issues, because the ROMs built with ESE53, as far as I know do not contain the radio update file, but, for some reason I am less than convinced at this point.

I still maintain that something went real bad with Bitfone on the day of the update, and HP and Motorola are keeping a lid on what happened, and the progress to fix the problem until they are ready to let everyone know.

Yeah i know lol, just wanted to prevent things from escalating haha.

i can think of more important things in life to worry about than spending brain cells on this topic ....
Who says you need to waste brain cells on this topic?

It's pretty brainless. I believe everyone's on auto by now - no thinking needed. :D

Just a reminder guys: No political talk as mentioned previously and no talking about ROM's on this thread.

i think this thread needs to be closed due to people taking the 2.1 issue too far ...

As I have said many times before if we were to close this thread that would result in 50 other 2.1 threads starting up. So until we get this update, this thread will remain open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back