2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I do wonder why we are all so crazy about 2.1. If Moto, VZW and Google had taken the apple approach no one would have known until it hit.
I wish it would get here already ready for all of us. It looks to be a nice step up for sure.

It would have been great if they took the Apple approach because we wouldn't be going crazy over 2.1 right now.

Interesting according to the helixlauncher dev asian milestone 2.1 update will have flash. Damn he got my hopes up :(

You know I do wonder why we are all so crazy about 2.1. If Moto, VZW and Google had taken the apple approach no one would have known until it hit.
I wish it would get here already ready for all of us. It looks to be a nice step up for sure.

It would have been great if they took the Apple approach because we wouldn't be going crazy over 2.1 right now.

You know now that I think about it I wonder if the last min stoppage of the update after a few testers is due to a potential law suit from the rotten apple??
Crapple is suing everyone in sight right now and I bet that google is having to go back through the US release of 2.1 to cover it's ass.
No bitphone errors or bug fixes but good old patent infringement checking for liability.
Many of the features that are on it like some of the native multi-touch crapple is suing over and they are doing it in the US. This could cause google to pause a bit before sending out on US phones.

Apple wouldn't sue Motorola because Motorola could sue right back with their mountain of phone patents. I don't think Apple is stupid enough to mess with them.

i think this thread needs to be closed due to people taking the 2.1 issue too far ...
i can think of more important things in life to worry about than spending brain cells on this topic ....

Uh, then, like, he he don't post Beavis. He he he uh. Yeah butthead he he don't post.

(Sorry, bad beavis and butthead impersonaton)

Anyways, I want it for the bug updates, hopefully better exchange integration.
Then I can milk the cow.

You guys realize that you are just repeating the same baseless speculation over and over and over again.

No one here is going to come up with a new theory.

Most of the theories so far as a bit insane.

Personally I would close the thread and delete all future 2.1 threads until something came out.

i think this thread needs to be closed due to people taking the 2.1 issue too far ...
i can think of more important things in life to worry about than spending brain cells on this topic ....

Uh, then, like, he he don't post Beavis. He he he uh. Yeah butthead he he don't post.

(Sorry, bad beavis and butthead impersonaton)

Anyways, I want it for the bug updates, hopefully better exchange integration.
Then I can milk the cow.

Then you would have butter (better) milk...I know shut up martob. lol

You said you were leaving and not coming back to this thread. We already know your opinion, don't you realize you just keep repeating yourself over and over again? Good Grief Charlie Brown.

The thread is staying open for those that enjoy it. And those that don't should keep their word and not return. Why do you keep coming back if it bothers you so much?

You guys realize that you are just repeating the same baseless speculation over and over and over again.

Personally I would close the thread and delete all future 2.1 threads until something came out.

I think I've personally addressed this before to you. If not I'll do it again. The thread will not be shut down because to do so will result in 50 other threads popping up. It's not that easy to keep deleting thread after thread, it's easier just to leave a couple open.

As I said when the release does happen we will probably close this one down and start a new one.

2.1 is a subject relating to the Droid that is very pertinent at the moment. It stands to reason there would be a thread where the subject can be discussed.

Everyone knows that many things tend to get repeated over time, but that's ok since there are those that enjoy taking part in 2.1 discussions.

Of course there are also those that get frustrated and don't want to take part any longer and that's ok, but just since they don't like it doesn't mean the topic should go away. Those that don't want to read the posts simply can make the choice to not return to the thread unless something happens regarding the update.

I would be willing to bet every single post in the entire forum there is someone that thinks it is wasting space. We all get to choose which threads and posts we read.

Yeah, let's not take an already touchy situation, and bring politics into it.... I come here to escape politics..... We all have our opinions, let's go to the appropriate web site forums to express them, but leave them out of here.

Anyway, back on track. I thing the problem we are not hearing about, is the Bitfone issue. It's the only one, so far, that makes sense to me. What I don't understand is why we are not hearing about it. Was it that bad, or embarrassing that they would rather not speak of it? Or, is the fact that there are so many leaks from Moto and VZW employees, that any news is being closely held? Or is it that HP/Bitfone and Motorola are working on the problem, and keeping VZW out of the loop until it's fixed? Doesn't make sense, but it's just a thought.

Any of the above make sense. What doesn't make sense is the constant talks about bugs in the software. There are probably half a dozen ESE53 ROM's being touted in the forums, and if they are generally running fine, then that gives lie to the statement that "a last minute bug was found in the update". I can sort of buy radio issues, because the ROMs built with ESE53, as far as I know do not contain the radio update file, but, for some reason I am less than convinced at this point.

I still maintain that something went real bad with Bitfone on the day of the update, and HP and Motorola are keeping a lid on what happened, and the progress to fix the problem until they are ready to let everyone know.

If it is indeed a Bitfone issue then you wont ever hear about it. Verizon, Motorola and Google dont ever talk about their business relationships with other companys and wont talk bad about them or even talk about them at all. If they do then Bitfone will probably be upset and probably withdraw from the partnership.

Yeah, let's not take an already touchy situation, and bring politics into it.... I come here to escape politics..... We all have our opinions, let's go to the appropriate web site forums to express them, but leave them out of here.

Anyway, back on track. I thing the problem we are not hearing about, is the Bitfone issue. It's the only one, so far, that makes sense to me. What I don't understand is why we are not hearing about it. Was it that bad, or embarrassing that they would rather not speak of it? Or, is the fact that there are so many leaks from Moto and VZW employees, that any news is being closely held? Or is it that HP/Bitfone and Motorola are working on the problem, and keeping VZW out of the loop until it's fixed? Doesn't make sense, but it's just a thought.

Any of the above make sense. What doesn't make sense is the constant talks about bugs in the software. There are probably half a dozen ESE53 ROM's being touted in the forums, and if they are generally running fine, then that gives lie to the statement that "a last minute bug was found in the update". I can sort of buy radio issues, because the ROMs built with ESE53, as far as I know do not contain the radio update file, but, for some reason I am less than convinced at this point.

I still maintain that something went real bad with Bitfone on the day of the update, and HP and Motorola are keeping a lid on what happened, and the progress to fix the problem until they are ready to let everyone know.

If it is indeed a Bitfone issue then you wont ever hear about it. Verizon, Motorola and Google dont ever talk about their business relationships with other companys and wont talk bad about them or even talk about them at all. If they do then Bitfone will probably be upset and probably withdraw from the partnership.

You are right about the last part. We will probably never hear what happened, unless someone in the know leaks it later. The fact that Motorola, Verizon and/or Google aren't talking about what happened, to me, lends credence to the Bitfone story, because everything is so quiet surrounding that issue. Besides, if it were a buggy update, there wouldn't be any ESE53 ROMs out there....And, the dev community would have found the potential "update stopping" bug before Moto or Verizon.

Yeah, it was something at Bitfone, has to be... all of the other theories have been beaten to death, and have little credence. 2.1 was locked, loaded, and ready to go on the 18th, and then something went wrong. I still think it is going to be another week, maybe two before something comes out, or some other announcement.

If Chuck Norris had a Droid, we would have had the update already. :greendroid:

Because you don't piss off Chuck Norris.

I think we need Jack Bauer involved in this.:icon_ banana:
I don't know about this. Seems to me he'd yell "who are you working for???!!!" a bunch of times, and then torture and blow up Google/Motorola/Verizon/etc - and we'd never get the update! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back