2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just get House, he'll diagnose the problem ;)

Did any one get the OTA I just got a signal of the triangle with the exclamation point in the middle but I'm rooted so iwant to know if that was the OTA

Apple wouldn't sue Motorola because Motorola could sue right back with their mountain of phone patents. I don't think Apple is stupid enough to mess with them.

Normally I would agree with you but alot of the patents they are suing HTC for are the same functions that are already in and going to be added to the Droid in 2.0 and 2.1. For crapple the HTC suit was a shot across the bow of all phone makers and indirectly against google as a warning.
It really makes me think there might be that they are rechecking.[/QUOTE]

i am thinking that the patent office in this country is not doing their job correctly ...

why was crapple able to patent a 'gesture' in the first place ? if many patents already in existence are re-examined for validity, they will find that in recent years the ideas that are patented are moving more towards a way of doing something rather than a technology technology process.

multi-finger multi-touch devices fall in a gray area, because the technology is married to the gesture. a gesture can be an expression on a person's face. so are we going to patent facial expressions now ?

I agree the patent office is falling down on the job.

You should be able to patent the technology the understands and responds to something like a gesture, but being able to patent a gesture like pinch-to-zoom itself is ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back