2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleh I can't stay away from this thread. It's not a legal issue that's the delay - if it was the Milestone would not have it. Patents are INTERNATIONAL. (don't make me go into detail) Also they said the update was rolling out soon as they would not have said that if it wasn't a technical issue rather than a legal issue.

Scott
Attorney At Law
Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator
American Arbitration Association Commercial Arbitrator
Co-Founder of Toldya.com - (we have filed many patents as well)

guru Toldya is a fantastic site.....

I have recommended it to a couple of people I know.

Bleh I can't stay away from this thread. It's not a legal issue that's the delay - if it was the Milestone would not have it. Patents are INTERNATIONAL. (don't make me go into detail) Also they said the update was rolling out soon as they would not have said that if it wasn't a technical issue rather than a legal issue.

Scott
Attorney At Law

I was wondering about that. There is a section of the US Patent Office's website that deals with protecting patents internationally... I got the impression that patents were international.

So, then, we go back to the same speculation as last week... Well, it helps pass the time, so, whatever.

Anyway, Toldya.com is pretty cool... I wonder if I could sell my photos that way....

Hmmmmm.

Scott
Attorney At Law

While some patents are international (I'll disagree with the ALL part), the laws governing them and what is determined to be infringing upon them is different from country to country.

That said, I agree, its not a legal issue. I find it funny that it keeps coming up.

Maybe we should try using The Consumerist site to put some pressure on them. I've seen many people vent about things on there and get a response from the company. Although our request might be too nerdy for anyone to care about.

I actually think this is a great idea. How do we go about doing it? I've seen them more then once get answers and help people out.

Count me in. I'll gladly post. This whole situation is getting kinda ridiculous.

Maybe we should try using The Consumerist site to put some pressure on them. I've seen many people vent about things on there and get a response from the company. Although our request might be too nerdy for anyone to care about.

I actually think this is a great idea. How do we go about doing it? I've seen them more then once get answers and help people out.

Count me in. I'll gladly post. This whole situation is getting kinda ridiculous.

Yeah, me too. I wouldn't mind stirring the pot a bit....

Go for it.

This is speculation heaven!!!!

Patent gestures...

Can you see my gesture NOW :icon_evil: !!!!

Can't wait for 2.1 so all of this fantasy thinking will die down

chill peeps you will have Android 3.X to speculate on,,,, Wonder if it sends hand GESTURES over the air:icon_eek:!!!!

ROTFLMAO

I crack my self up....

Doesn't this remind former BlackBberry users of the way we were fed BS by BB?

Reminds me of the Military....HURRY UP AND WAIT.....

Oh yeah, that's why it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers some people. lol.

Been there, done that.:)

I want speech to text.

I want OS tweaks.

I'd like to see LW before turning it back to a sweet pic of my 4.5 yr old daughter.

I'd like to know ...

Well this is how it works. First of all a big company will file the patent in all countries - they can afford it.

If you apply for a patent in the US they also do an international search - if someone already has a similar patent you get rejected.

Scott
Attorney At Law

While some patents are international (I'll disagree with the ALL part), the laws governing them and what is determined to be infringing upon them is different from country to country.

That said, I agree, its not a legal issue. I find it funny that it keeps coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back